First order of business for Obama

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I would send Bush, the GOP, and Halliburton/Bechtel a bill for the cost. Under no circumstances should taxpayers be compelled to py for that criminal war of treason and imperialism.

Your fellow citizens are the one's who enabled Bush to implement his agenda.....

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I'm not sure if I like Obama anymore than Bush. I don't think Obama even mentioned Canada during his Campaign and I don't think he will be good for Canada even though we are each other's biggest customer. The old adage about a mouse sleeping next to an elephant is particularly true here. We bloody well better be ready if that elephant decides to roll over.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
His first order of business is to clean up eight years of right wing ruin.

A tall order since the GOP has totally screwed up America....it may take a few years but by 2012 I suspect the economy will be robust, they will be out of Iraq, solved Afghanistan, improved Americans access to health care and maybe, just maybe brought them closer to a surplus but I wouldn't expect that much in just four years.

We will see, but I have little doubt that the country will be put on firmer ground at home and abroad by the next election.

I'm so excited for Americans right now and I envy them, Obama brings hope out of despair. I wish we had a leader who looked to the future instead of the dogmatic idealogical religion of the cons in this country....perhaps one day we will be as progressive as the Americans.

The best part of this is going to be watching the Obama transition team slowly and meticulously scrub the white house clean of the slug and scum that currently resides there.:lol:

I read just the first line and I thought you were doing an imitation of Elmer Fudd. Suits you.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
I think the first order of business for the Bush administration is to get the paper shredders working over time before Obama comes in and exposes him for what he is.:lol:

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
The first order of business could be to thank Cheney for coming out of his hole last week. The second, to send him back.

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
I think the first order of business for the Bush administration is to get the paper shredders working over time before Obama comes in and exposes him for what he is.:lol:

There you go again, trying to cya, right?

btw---before I miss you hiding somewhere doin' the ole `j-o`, there's a ten year difference in age between you and your much better half----so I wonder what you would have done if you saw her when YOU were eighteen and SHE was eight, what you would have done...no response req'd.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
I'm not sure if I like Obama anymore than Bush. I don't think Obama even mentioned Canada during his Campaign and I don't think he will be good for Canada even though we are each other's biggest customer. The old adage about a mouse sleeping next to an elephant is particularly true here. We bloody well better be ready if that elephant decides to roll over.

Well all things considered, he and McCain had a lot more important things to talk about in regards to fixing their own nation then in regards to how to pamper other nations such as our own..... that will come in time.

I'd rather they took the time to fix their own problems and get back on track then to fiddle around with us and other nations.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
The economy...bottom line. If he gets the economy back on track he will waltz (more or less) through these four years and into the next four.

normbc9

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2006
California
Dump the entire slate of Bush appointees and get some real professionals in those positions. The first to go should be Paulson and then the others. Those that have Henry Kissinger scent on them should be first. Any who are associated with the CIA should be next. That whole bunch has a certain stigma about them that is looked at with disdain by the rest of the world. I hope the chance for change really is a serious campaign promise.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
"Your fellow citizens are the one's who enabled Bush to implement his agenda....."

I sure as hell didn't.

Therefore, we can issue bonds so that the pro war crowd can help pay for their war.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
I think Obama's first order of business should be arranged before his inauguration. He should have the band play a hip hop version of the star spangled banner....just a thought....

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
First thing is to stop divisiveness and restore the constitution so that people can believe in themselves and their neighbors again. His job right now is to put an end to the nonsense that past administration has been up to.

He should bring in some key good Republicans or at least offer them some good positions in his administration. He probably wouldn't want it but offer McCain Secretary of Defense.

I would like to see Colin Powell as secretary of defense, wouldn't want to see mcCain in the
cabinet at all, he is too 'old school', lives in the past with the military, hard liner, powell will
be a diplomat

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
I would like to see Colin Powell as secretary of defense, wouldn't want to see mcCain in the
cabinet at all, he is too 'old school', lives in the past with the military, hard liner, powell will
be a diplomat

Lady of the Island,

I just can't see Gen. Powell back. But stranger things have happened
scratch

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Lady of the Island,

I just can't see Gen. Powell back. But stranger things have happened
scratch

You're probably right, but it is possible, and he would remain a republican,
which would be very suitable, reaching across the isle, so to speak.
He would be a great secretary of defense.

What do you think of Hilliary as Secretary of State, she said the other day that she wouldn't
be interested as she wants to be busy serving as a senatar. (it was just a media person asking her.)

normbc9

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2006
California
I just heard on the major US media that the legal advisor to Presdident elect Obama stated is the big dilema of what to do with the detainees at Guantanamo Bay. I really do applaud that decision. You can't just hold people forever without any hope of reviewing why they are being held and the statemant calls Guantanamo a "Hellhole." Probably not strong enough words to describe what I think is a Torture Chamber run by the US. There are others too on the globe. To me this is the kind of actions I have been hoping to hear about.