Fentanyl

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I started to work week, right in front of my house, 6 AM Monday morning nose to nose with a fucking addict freaking out…
Cops told me "do what you need to do, they had a weapon".

Amen.
This one Monday morning at 6am, screaming away (I thought it was an argument between multiple people, but it was one person) was a 105lb (I’m estimating) woman, about 5’9” in baggy sweat-suit with zero sense of personal boundaries or hygiene, claiming to have been beaten by three guys, with pitchforks, but only the usual junky scabs on her…who then accused my neighbour across the street (a woman just getting home from the gym at 6am) and myself (a guy still working on his first morning coffee) of stalking her….& she knew which vehicles on the street we both drove?

Stiff, fast, jerky, exaggerated movements whatever drug that is, & totally amped up.
And Friday today after putting fuel in my truck at the service station, before I could make it home from work… nose to nose with another aggressive, panhandling pie eyed junkie….& within 30 minutes of being home…had to deal with another one scoping peoples yards.
This one was locked “outside” the PetroCan on Vic & Winnipeg trying to get the door open…& aggressively panhandling (demanding money). He got inside the building when a customer was leaving & I helped him find the door.

About 6’ but maybe 130lbs, & unintelligible speech slurred hugely.

Then once home, it was another junkie woman scoping yards “who knows her RIGHTS!!” but not her volume or that she’s not one of our neighbours who’s yards she’s scoping out.
It was a relatively peaceful Tuesday through Thursday, just commuting to and from work, without having to go anywhere outside of that path.
Tuesday-Thursday was just work, home, work, home, etc…’cuz reality & schedule.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
This one Monday morning at 6am, screaming away (I thought it was an argument between multiple people, but it was one person) was a 105lb (I’m estimating) woman, about 5’9” in baggy sweat-suit with zero sense of personal boundaries or hygiene, claiming to have been beaten by three guys, with pitchforks, but only the usual junky scabs on her…who then accused my neighbour across the street (a woman just getting home from the gym at 6am) and myself (a guy still working on his first morning coffee) of stalking her….& she knew which vehicles on the street we both drove?

Stiff, fast, jerky, exaggerated movements whatever drug that is, & totally amped up.

This one was locked “outside” the PetroCan on Vic & Winnipeg trying to get the door open…& aggressively panhandling (demanding money). He got inside the building when a customer was leaving & I helped him find the door.

About 6’ but maybe 130lbs, & unintelligible speech slurred hugely.

Then once home, it was another junkie woman scoping yards “who knows her RIGHTS!!” but not her volume or that she’s not one of our neighbours who’s yards she’s scoping out.

Tuesday-Thursday was just work, home, work, home, etc…’cuz reality & schedule.
The tweeker chick was on meth.

I think its time to rebuild the mental hospitals.

Reactions: Taxslave2

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
The tweeker chick was on meth.

I think its time to rebuild the mental hospitals.
The Monday morning one? The one that was sitting on the curb arguing & screaming at herself & the world at 6am?

Or the 6:30pm Friday straight up junkie thief that “Knows Her RIGHTS!!”

I know the different symptoms & commonalities in behaviour, but not which chemicals they originate from.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The Monday morning one? The one that was sitting on the curb arguing & screaming at herself & the world at 6am?

Or the 6:30pm Friday straight up junkie thief that “Knows Her RIGHTS!!”

I know the different symptoms & commonalities in behaviour, but not which chemicals they originate from.
The 6AM one. They hallucinate.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
The 6AM one. They hallucinate.
Ah, ok. So the meth users are the ones that move at four times normal speed, but big exaggerated jerky movements, like they don’t bend their knees & do an aggressive Charlie Chaplin type walk. Interesting in an “I don’t wanna have anything to do with them” sort of way, but at least I know what I’m seeing.

They are like a marionette doll, but the puppeteer isn’t doing subtle movements for realism, but is having a spasm while trying to animate the doll? Is that a close fair summary description?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Ah, ok. So the meth users are the ones that move at four times normal speed, but big exaggerated jerky movements, like they don’t bend their knees & do an aggressive Charlie Chaplin type walk. Interesting in an “I don’t wanna have anything to do with them” sort of way, but at least I know what I’m seeing.

They are like a marionette doll, but the puppeteer isn’t doing subtle movements for realism, but is having a spasm while trying to animate the doll? Is that a close fair summary description?
Theyre also the ones wearing hoodies in 30° heat.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
This is educational. So what are the ones on that are:
1) super aggressive, combined with
2) weight loss
3) really slurred unintelligible speech
4) these ones back down if you get back in their face though unlike the meth chick from Monday morning
5) usually panhandling outside of gas stations or confectionaries

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
This is educational. So what are the ones on that are:
1) super aggressive, combined with
2) weight loss
3) really slurred unintelligible speech
4) these ones back down if you get back in their face though unlike the meth chick from Monday morning
5) usually panhandling outside of gas stations or confectionaries
Fenty and FASD.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Fenty and FASD.
1723915785029.jpeg
Good times.

I don’t know if you could answer this, but to satisfy my curiosity as I’m trying to figure things out according to the calendar, free government money, advance direct deposits hand outs, etc…in sorting out the patterns of prevalence…like the quieter Tues-Thurs this week…what’s it cost “per hit” for:
1) Monday AM Meth Chick?
2) Friday 6pm Fenty FASD Gas Station Guy?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
View attachment 24145
Good times.

I don’t know if you could answer this, but to satisfy my curiosity as I’m trying to figure things out according to the calendar, free government money, advance direct deposits hand outs, etc…in sorting out the patterns of prevalence…like the quieter Tues-Thurs this week…what’s it cost “per hit” for:
1) Monday AM Meth Chick?
2) Friday 6pm Fenty FASD Gas Station Guy?
I have no idea what fentanyl costs. Meth is something like $50 a gram.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
I saw the most amazing thing with a methhead last week. We were clearing a site for a new homeless shelter south end of Nanaimo. This woman was sleeping under a tree, with a mountain of garbage strewn around her. WE were watching her, she had sat up and drank some water, so we were not too concerned. A few hours later, a woman that lives in the area was getting her mail from the group box and sees this thing passed out. Calls 911. Firetruck shows up. Ambulance shows up. Cop shows up. They rousted her and she got sort of mobile. All normal. Then she picked up every bit of garbage around her and stuffed it all into garbage bags and took it with her. Pop bottles, pizza boxes, eveything.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I have no idea what fentanyl costs. Meth is something like $50 a gram.
Yeah, I don’t know what that means though. Does a gram get one of them high once or 10 of them high once? I’m curious about the economics to help mentally sort out patterns on the calendar.

Anyway, this afternoon’s was interesting. This happened inside the dollar store in that Value Village Mall. First time I’d been in there in years & I wanted to hit the used bookstore.

Lisa wanted to grab some freezer bags & thought they might have some in the dollar store across the isle from the bookstore.

While I was in there with her, there’s a ruckus up the isle from where we where. Some dude (Native, 25-ish, 220lbs but lots of fat, 6’, gas station type junkie) is tossing things in a cloth bag as two smaller women employees are right on him (but not touching him) say’n “You can’t be in here!” Over and over, etc…so I blocked him & they wrestled the bag away from him.

He about-faced and flipped some shit off the shelves as I was following him out, & on the way out he grabs a litre ice tea (plastic bottle) & I yell. He heads out into the mall isle before I catch him.

Almost had him jersey’d before he threw the bottle & it bounced off my mouth, where I went to kick him in the balls but was about 3” too high & caught him mid between the belt & balls. Comedy ensued.

I put the Ice Tea back on the display when I went back in and caught up with Lisa. Paid for our stuff & I forgot to hit the used bookstore completely. There’s still one more day to this week too.