FBI Raids Former President Donald Trump’s Home

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
So... a valid point raised.

If Trump claims things were planted (which he does) then... why doesn't he have video and release it of the plants? Video cameras are all over Mar-A-Largo...

Also, if the FBI were there and planted BOXES of things (which was listed in the inventory) then why hasn't the Lawyer shown pictures taken of FBI planting these boxes, or at least carrying them INTO the place, to prove his client is innocent?

Two other observations about all this.

1. Donald Trump has proven to US allies that the US is now a VULNERABLE country when it comes to intel. Hell, it's proven to enemies it's vulnerable too. And even though Trump is no longer in charge, it's the current Admin that now has to reassure allies that the US is 'secure' and that this was somehow a fluke (which, to be fair, kind'a is).
2. A specific country and leader was named in the list of documents removed from Mar-A-Largo - papers about Macron of France - so how do you think FRANCE will deal with this? This now goes back to point one, that the US is now more vulnerable than it has been for decades, intelligence wise and security wise.

A third point to add: if you "support the Troops" then you DAMN WELL best be NOT on Trump's side. Because this breech of security puts every damned soldier in danger regardless of where they are. Unless you think the hold of US secrets is okay (a la Assange I suppose) in which case... well I am trying to be a 'polite' person now...

(and trying to equate this to Hunter Biden or Clinton... don't, just don't. Take the whataboutism and stuff it somewhere, focus on the fact Trump had this shit and now the US is severely diminished as a 'secure ally' nation)
Joe Biden is president , Trump is yesterdays man despite the fact you and your ilk cannot let him go . Best focus on DeSantis he is the next devil .

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
If Trump doesn't do his own release by today, the DOJ is going to release.

But then of course I'm sure you'll deny it's 'true'.

True, it is hard to guess.

First I'm hearing of this one.

Stupid, sure, but this is Trump so stupid is near automatic when it involves him.

But as we don't know exactly what was taken, it's all hypothetical (even if some news site has a 'scoop'.)

That could be, sure.

He didn't hence the subpoena he got to return the REST of the things he took...

Personally, I think Trump has stuff he did not turn over. Why, I don't know.

But I think this because if there wasn't credible probable cause for the FBI and the DOJ to be doing this, it WOULDN'T be done. I mean, come on, as insane as the things Trump has done, now that he's "Mr. Civilian", doing anything to him overtly in a manner like this would mean ire and rage from the base (which, of course, is happening). Garland hasn't done SFA since getting his post for anything really related to Trump, to the point that people are pissed at him for doing nothing.

So for him to do this, there has to be SOME reason.

So they got a warrant, and executed it.

Then they inventoried the boxes.

Now they're willing to produce the warrant and the list.

Why do YOU think it's all bunk?
According to the anonymous leak to The Wall Street Journal the items included:

** 20 boxes of items
** 11 sets of classified documents
** Top secret documents
** Sensitive Compartmented documents
** Binders of photos
** Clemency order for Roger Stone
** Information about the “President of France”
** A handwritten note

Trump responded to the latest leak in a series of posts to his Truth Social page.

“Number one, it was all declassified. Number two, they didn’t need to “seize” anything. They could have had it anytime they wanted without playing politics and breaking into Mar-a-Lago. It was in secured storage, with an additional lock put on as per their request…” Trump said.

“…They could have had it anytime they wanted—and that includes LONG ago. ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS ASK. The bigger problem is, what are they going to do with the 33 million pages of documents, many of which are classified, that President Obama took to Chicago?” Trump added.

LINK

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
According to the anonymous leak to The Wall Street Journal the items included:

** 20 boxes of items
** 11 sets of classified documents
** Top secret documents
** Sensitive Compartmented documents
** Binders of photos
** Clemency order for Roger Stone
** Information about the “President of France”
** A handwritten note

That second point is exactly why the warrant happened, and why Trump is in serious trouble.

Trump responded to the latest leak in a series of posts to his Truth Social page.

Yes, I heard.

“Number one, it was all declassified.

LOLOL - no. No, it wasn't. Because there are some things a president CANNOT declassify, and in order TO declassify, processes and written forms need to be done. Those were not done in this case, else there would be no warrant.

Number two, they didn’t need to “seize” anything. They could have had it anytime they wanted without playing politics and breaking into Mar-a-Lago.

Lie, because he was subpoenaed earlier in the year and did not turn these things over. So obviously they couldn't 'have it anytime they wanted' and they had to come in and seize it.

It was in secured storage, with an additional lock put on as per their request…” Trump said.

Secure storage, in a basement with a padlock, and in a building next to the pool room? Those are secure? Suuure they are.

“…They could have had it anytime they wanted—and that includes LONG ago.

They could have, they should have; he didn't fork it over.

ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS ASK.

They did. They also sent a subpoena.

The bigger problem is, what are they going to do with the 33 million pages of documents, many of which are classified, that President Obama took to Chicago?” Trump added.

"WHATABOUT OBAMA!" If that's true why DIDN'T Trump ask his DOJ to look into it at the time?

Cause it wasn't a thing.

Deflection, denial and lie.

If you stand with Trump after this, you're a bigger fool than he is.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
As it happens, the National Archives has addressed the crazy fat kid's clumsy lie. . .

In its statement, NARA said that it obtained “exclusive legal and physical custody” of Obama’s records when he left office in 2017. It said that about 30 million pages of unclassified records were transferred to a NARA facility in the Chicago area and that they continue to be maintained “exclusively by NARA.”

Classified records from Obama are kept in a NARA facility in Washington, the statement said.

“As required by the [Presidential Records Act], former President Obama has no control over where and how NARA stores the Presidential records of his Administration,” the statement said.
Linky-dinky.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
I see the Trumptards are melting in a microwave over this.

It's time to

• Haha
Reactions: Taxslave2

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
Where the hell you get THAT idea?

Trudeau is a lot of things (egotistical, spoiled rotten elitist, clueless wanna be PM and just all around idiot), but dictator he is not.

Neither are Biden or Obama.

TRUMP, however, is an authoritarian autocrat and narcissistic, spoiled man-baby. HE is the wannabe dictator (emphasis on dic).

JFC, you are giving Trudeau more credit than he deserves, as if he's, you know, smart.
You got it backwards, as uusual.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Like ballot boxes, it is hard to add or delete items when people are watching.
First, I haven't heard from any source with a dry chin that the FBI made any such demand.

Second, as I said above, cops demand shit all the time, frequently stuff they have no authority to demand. If you're fucking moron enough to comply because you don't know your rights, I have no sympathy for you.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

justfred

Electoral Member
Dec 26, 2004
Drumheller
I question if Trump took the classified files so he could sell the information to various foreign buyers, like Russia, and instead of getting paid Russia, would pretend that they wrote off a bunch of Trump’s loans as uncollected. Knowing trump he would sell this
information, two or three times, to whomever he could and hope no one could trace the sale.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
I question if Trump took to classified files so he could sell the information to various foreign buyers, like Russia, and instead of getting paid Russia would pretend that they wrote off a bun of Trump’s loans as uncollected. Knowing trump he would sell this inf to whomever he could and hope no one could trace the sale.
It is only the lefty media that thinks Trump had anything to sell.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I question if Trump took the classified files so he could sell the information to various foreign buyers, like Russia, and instead of getting paid Russia, would pretend that they wrote off a bunch of Trump’s loans as uncollected. Knowing trump he would sell this
information, two or three times, to whomever he could and hope no one could trace the sale.
No problem. Having those documents in his possession is a felony.

Reactions: Serryah

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
From Kennedy’s shenanigans to Arkancides and flavoured cigars to Tricky Dick…. any of them ever do a day in jail (?) since initially achieving the Oval Office?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
From what I understand, IF Trump went to trial over espionage claims, he could get about 20-30 years if maxed sentenced.

It also depends too on other factors from what I understand.
Espionage, yes. But the prosecution would have to demonstrate an intent to give them to a foreign government.

Mere possession'll get up to five years.

Reactions: Serryah