Ezra Levant Makes Sense

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Now...how about you show a link where the tribunal has actually found against the owner, or where it has actually gone in front of the tribunal. This article answers none of what I have asked.

Gerryh

Do a little Google search and you will find what you are looking for –
Does not take long-
You have no rights at a tribunal –

PS – He has to pay his own legal bills – the complainant is provided with taxpayer funded lawyers – if you have a spare 50 or 100 k then you may have a chance – otherwise you are screwed – So do some checks before you blow you mouth off.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Now...how about you show a link where the tribunal has actually found against the owner, or where it has actually gone in front of the tribunal. This article answers none of what I have asked.

GerryH

GerryH

PS – Alan Borovoy Canadian civil Liberties Association a person who helped found the tribunals has stated they have to be changed and are now in areas beyond what was envisaged – they now control free speech -

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I just googled.... both his name and his name with OHRC...all "I" can find is OPeds like the link you posted..... try again.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Just because you don't agree with someone's views, you don't take them seriously?? Thats a little narrowminded isn't it?

I don't take an extremist seriously. i have no problem taking a centre right conservative seriously. But the far right, that is a different issue.

Levant is an extremist, he does not belong to centre right.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
OK I see you're talking about Fulton....his case isn't scheduled to be heard until June 15, so what you're asking for hasn't happened yet.

I know...... HIS legal costs are also being paid for, so he will not have to foot the bill.

I do, however agree that the bar fiasco, is exactley that. A fiasco with the owner being squeezed by 2 government agency's, not just one.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
I know...... HIS legal costs are also being paid for, so he will not have to foot the bill.

Yes but that's just because he had a big enough horseshoe for someone to take up his cause. He's still officially on his own, while the complainant gets taxpayer funded legal assistance.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Good cartoon, Canuck. There has to be freedom to piss on religion, or what the hell is the point? I like those religious freaks, they believe in money and payday, to give us some evidence of this god stuff.

Fact is, Ezra fires a broadside at complacent bureaucrats who abuse Canadians. This is good for democracy. The HRC zealots have got to go.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
I punched in BC Human Rights into google and found their web page. You can check out their decisions and cases. They deal with cases of housing and work. Just what they are supposed to. Some sad sack cases too, one guy with possible autism who applied four years later, another an alcoholic. And all the information is public, none of the secrets Levan talks about.

2009 Decisions BC Human Rights Tribunal

Punch in Ontario Human Rights and you cannot find on their home page. You can find a cases by punching in "decisions" in their search engine, and you get mostly policies. Endless policies. When you do find a case, you need a password to see it. This is what Levant is talking about.

I think much of the HRC issue is quite Ontariocentric. Here in BC their mandate seems quite limited and more open.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I punched in BC Human Rights into google and found their web page. You can check out their decisions and cases. They deal with cases of housing and work. Just what they are supposed to. Some sad sack cases too, one guy with possible autism who applied four years later, another an alcoholic. And all the information is public, none of the secrets Levan talks about.

2009 Decisions BC Human Rights Tribunal

Punch in Ontario Human Rights and you cannot find on their home page. You can find a cases by punching in "decisions" in their search engine, and you get mostly policies. Endless policies. When you do find a case, you need a password to see it. This is what Levant is talking about.

I think much of the HRC issue is quite Ontariocentric. Here in BC their mandate seems quite limited and more open.

I don't want to get off-topic here, but I've found similar when looking for education policies in the Ontario Ministry of Education website. Their policies are ambiguous, or lacking in detail, or incomplete, often lacking in objectively measurable objectives, or research to show how effecively thei objectives are being met. Secretive, incompetent, lazy, or a combination of these, I don't know. But something is seriously wrong with Ontario's government. As for policy issues, that's not the responsibility of the buraucracy, but of the highest levels of government itself.

Perhaps we need to get on Ontario's back about these things.