Extreme weather and drought.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Phenomenon.

God damn it, Walter I think you are right for once. Words like that should be outlawed anyway. :smile:

God damn it, Walter I think you are right for once. Words like that should be outlawed anyway. :smile:

Now I know I'm psychic, when I saw the red neg, I thought to myself, I think that is Walter and sure as sh*t it is Walter. With talent like this I should have joined a carnival years ago. :lol:

Cabbagesandking

Council Member
Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
Bullsh*t...........how many ice ages have we had?

One in the anthropocene. It started around 2 1/2 million years ago and there have been four interglacial periods - in those, some of the ice stayed as in the one we are enjoying now.

Without that remaining ice there would be no human race. The climate would be much too hot. You could try reading the post to gain all the information you could wish for about the uniqueness of the present warming. AND the fact that it has not happened before in the anthropocene era.

Just think how much worse it is likely to be next year with the probable change in the ENSO. We could be in the grip of an El Nino and that will possibly bring more rain but with higher temperatures so that the effect will be the same. More extremes and more crop failures.

That is not certain but is likely. Don't buy that stock of sunscreen yet.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
One in the anthropocene. It started around 2 1/2 million years ago and there have been four interglacial periods - in those, some of the ice stayed as in the one we are enjoying now.

Without that remaining ice there would be no human race. The climate would be much too hot. You could try reading the post to gain all the information you could wish for about the uniqueness of the present warming. AND the fact that it has not happened before in the anthropocene era.

Just think how much worse it is likely to be next year with the probable change in the ENSO. We could be in the grip of an El Nino and that will possibly bring more rain but with higher temperatures so that the effect will be the same. More extremes and more crop failures.

That is not certain but is likely. Don't buy that stock of sunscreen yet.

I don't buy any sunscreen, I'm fairly dark skinned, anyway it's healthier just to keep skin covered between the hours of 11A.M. and 3 P.M.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Are you specifically referring to the "mythology of climate change denial" or the mythology of CO2 climate change denial? Atlas aside, you contend that climate change denial is myth, does not exist. If you can imagine CO2 changing the climate, at present rates, then you could also imagine Al Gore becoming miss universe.

Last edited:

Cabbagesandking

Council Member
Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
Are you specifically referring to the "mythology of climate change denial" or the mythology of CO2 climate change denial? Atlas aside, you contend that climate change denial is myth, does not exist. If you can imagine CO2 changing the climate, at present rates, then you could also imagine Al Gore becoming miss universe.

It would be nice to know what you think you are saying here. Presumably you are denying if your last sentence is taken alone. Leaving aside canards about Al Gore, which say more about those who voice them than anything else, CO2 is changing the climate at present rates. There are no researching climate scientists now who say otherwise. You are aware of the BEST study that has been well talked about here? Mueller was close to the last "sceptic."

Unless you include the few who are faking their conclusions or who can no longer get them published since they are false.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006

We're already transitioning into El Nino. The ENSO index has been positive since March/April: