Expect to pay more to use national parks

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
They can take a long, hard suck on my arse. I'm not going to pay more or pay to drive through the ****ing nature mall that I already own.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
They can take a long, hard suck on my arse. I'm not going to pay more or pay to drive through the ****ing nature mall that I already own.

As far as I know they don't, at Banff if you are just driving through you take the right hand lane, if you are using the facilities you pull up to the booth and pay. Surely you don't object to that! :smile:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Oh you pay alright. In time. Get stuck behind some goddamn "Go RVing " asshole travelling at warp speeds of 30km/h who pounds on the binders everytime they see ****ing a tree rat in the ditch and tell me you aren't "paying" in a round about way.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Oh you pay alright. In time. Get stuck behind some goddamn "Go RVing " asshole travelling at warp speeds of 30km/h who pounds on the binders everytime they see ****ing a tree rat in the ditch and tell me you aren't "paying" in a round about way.

You've rationalizing, Petros, you need a few more zees! :lol:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Zeds. Yea maybe so. I finally ran out snot a stopped sneezing a couple hours ago and haven't slept worth **** but that's not going to get some nature mall asshole in an RV off the hook.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

I know that feeling. Whenever we work in Pt Alberni we must crawl through Cathedral grove at 30k because the greenies protested building a parking lot for tree terrorists off the highway. What kind of idiot would allow diagonal parking on a major highway?

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun

i ****ing hate those people who lolly gag down the highway at warp speed 30km/h..... After people not washing thier hands after taking a dump i hate these RV Road Captains the most..... There is no word in the english langauge that best describes my hatred for these people lol... Make them pay fees, to use and abuse the park. We can charge tourists a little bit for using the parks in Canada, our forests are UNIQUE to the world... People will still come here to see nature...

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Good thing parking is free in this park because often in the summer it is just a slowly creeping parking lot.
Such is life in a tourist area. Lake Dr. along the sunny shores of Lake Simcoe, is a battle field, between locals that live on it, and citiots that think they own it for three months.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
When i was a kid i seen a cidiot get thrown off the docks at Killarney..... I remember this guy running his mouth, i looked at my dad and he face palmed himself and then this dude just came up to him and dropped him in the water lol.... Those cidiots can eat a dick if they think they can run our communities during their vacations.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Such is life in a tourist area. Lake Dr. along the sunny shores of Lake Simcoe, is a battle field, between locals that live on it, and citiots that think they own it for three months.

Unfortunately this is the only highway to the west coast. Lots of industrial traffic all year round and only one lane each way with a couple of short 3 lanes on hills. Tourists with rented land yachts are dangerous.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It's 4 lanes now but that hasn't changed a thing.

P.S. Hwy 3 is nearly tourist free. 16/5 isn't as bad as Hwy 1.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Stewart-Cassiar highway is the worse... 2 Lanes all the way to Deaselake, tons of bears to take pictures of and little room to brake with a trailer!!!!! Next time im taking someone out with the door, jk...

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
So where do you propose the funding comes from to pay for employees and supplies used in the Parks?

Aren't you putting the cart before the horse? Shouldn't the very first question be, what parks are required and what is the minimum level of service that is required? That's the difference between you and I. When it comes to problem solving, I like to start at the beginning and work my way logically through the problem. It may be more difficult than just holding out your hand for more more more but in the long run, I think the extra effort is worth it.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I know that feeling. Whenever we work in Pt Alberni we must crawl through Cathedral grove at 30k because the greenies protested building a parking lot for tree terrorists off the highway. What kind of idiot would allow diagonal parking on a major highway?

Holy crap, that parking lot was supposedly in the works 15 years ago, I was put in charge of the survey for it, just west of the existing parking area on the river side of the highway!

Unfortunately this is the only highway to the west coast. Lots of industrial traffic all year round and only one lane each way with a couple of short 3 lanes on hills. Tourists with rented land yachts are dangerous.

Hwy. 4 has always been under funded, probably started with old WAC punishing the residents of Port Alberni for voting N.D.P. :lol:

Stewart-Cassiar highway is the worse... 2 Lanes all the way to Deaselake, tons of bears to take pictures of and little room to brake with a trailer!!!!! Next time im taking someone out with the door, jk...

What is the daily traffic count on the Stewart - Cassiar?

Aren't you putting the cart before the horse? Shouldn't the very first question be, what parks are required and what is the minimum level of service that is required? That's the difference between you and I. When it comes to problem solving, I like to start at the beginning and work my way logically through the problem. It may be more difficult than just holding out your hand for more more more but in the long run, I think the extra effort is worth it.

You're years behind, the desirable percentage of crown land dedicated to parks has already been established at around 12%. When it comes to PROBLEM SOLVING, you like to pull teeth out through the A$$hole. :lol:

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
You're years behind, the desirable percentage of crown land dedicated to parks has already been established at around 12%.

Who cares. It's desirable to have a friendly cop on every street corner, two minute response times for fire and ambulance, free prescriptions for everybody, clean safe drinking water for every citizen...obviously, I could go on.

Do you not believe in prioritizing or do you just believe we should do whatever is desirable. Wait! Don't answer that. Given your support of the 700 billion federal debt, it's pretty clear how you feel on the matter.

On a side note, having parkland doesn't automatically mean that it has to be administered by the federal government. Since most provinces already have their own park system, the feds could probably pay the provinces to look after parks....but I'm getting ahead of you.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Given your support of the 700 billion federal debt, it's pretty clear how you feel on the matter.

Do you absorb anything you "read"? I've said a thousand times I'm not very comfortable with a few bucks credit card debt. How come everyone but you can understand these fairly simple concepts? Ooooh did I say "simple"? Maybe therein lies the answer! :lol:

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Do you absorb anything you "read"?

What I have absorbed is that you seem to think is that if something is desirable, we should just do it. Fiscally responsible people like myself, tend to prioritize and ask ourselves if the extra taxes and/or debt is worth it. Do you agree?