'Drunk' Canadian PM Trudeau is slammed as a 'tone deaf embarrassment' for singing Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody before Elizabeth II's state funeral

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
IT would be perfectly natural under most circumstances but protocol is that he's supposed to be officially in mourning. Somber, sober, etc etc. It's kind of like a 'fun is bad right now' kind of moment. Remember the gov't isn't even supposed to be doing business during those 10 days, there's a federal day off just to mourn. So it looks REALLY bad if you're out partying it up and having a great time.

If this was just a regular state visit this would be a total nothing-burger but when he's there mourning the queen's death? That's a big deal. And it's not a canadian paper that's ripping him for it
Canadian papers are almost all on his payroll, so they would never report it anyway, unless told to.

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
This wouldn't be a big deal (and in the big scheme of things it isn't) excpet for the fact that he's used up all of his gimme's about 10 times over. He's a complete embarrassment, not because of this incident, but because of all of them. This one only reminds the world once again that Canada is being run by a narcissistic, pretentious imbecile, who lacks the capability of reading a room.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
This wouldn't be a big deal (and in the big scheme of things it isn't) excpet for the fact that he's used up all of his gimme's about 10 times over. He's a complete embarrassment, not because of this incident, but because of all of them. This one only reminds the world once again that Canada is being run by a narcissistic, pretentious imbecile, who lacks the capability of reading a room.
And he wasn’t wearing a face diaper .

Reactions: Taxslave2

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
If that happened, the idiots who went off on Harper deserve kicks to the nuts.

Having gone to a Catholic service once, I can get being confused.

(Wait, does that make me a Liberal still? All these non-liberal things I agree with... hard to tell anymore)

Point again is hate on him for doing legit stupid things. Being in a hotel and singing with other people isn't a legit reason to hate on him.
I think his constant embarrassment to Canada is legit stupid and this falls right into that category. The goof is tone-deaf, on at least two-levels,

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
He seems to have trouble facing his demons. Cognitive dissonance can be a real problem for some people, particularly hypocrites and those of low moral character.
Problem? I'm pretty sure he thinks of it as one of his better features :)

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Well, after all the denials and so on, the rats out of the bag….& this was treated as a Canadian….ok, Liberal…State Secret:

OTTAWA - The Prime Minister's Office says Justin Trudeau and his wife, Sophie Grégoire Trudeau, stayed in a $6,000 per night hotel suite while attending the funeral for Queen Elizabeth II.

The room was booked on Sept. 9, one day after the Queen's death, for Sept. 15 to 20.

In November, Conservative Leader Pierre Poilievre peppered Trudeau with questions in the House of Commons about who stayed in the suite, but he didn't answer.

But Trudeau's office and Global Affairs Canada did not respond to questions about who stayed in the expensive river suite, which features a butler service.

Buddy could have just Manned Up & said, “Yeah, it was me. I’m the PM, etc…” but admitting to pretty much anything just isn’t the Cat’s style….& here we are today.

Reactions: petros

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Well, after all the denials and so on, the rats out of the bag….& this was treated as a Canadian….ok, Liberal…State Secret:

OTTAWA - The Prime Minister's Office says Justin Trudeau and his wife, Sophie Grégoire Trudeau, stayed in a $6,000 per night hotel suite while attending the funeral for Queen Elizabeth II.

The room was booked on Sept. 9, one day after the Queen's death, for Sept. 15 to 20.

In November, Conservative Leader Pierre Poilievre peppered Trudeau with questions in the House of Commons about who stayed in the suite, but he didn't answer.

But Trudeau's office and Global Affairs Canada did not respond to questions about who stayed in the expensive river suite, which features a butler service.

Buddy could have just Manned Up & said, “Yeah, it was me. I’m the PM, etc…” but admitting to pretty much anything just isn’t the Cat’s style….& here we are today.
Come on man Jagmet says I can play king until 2025 and I am going to so there .

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Come on man Jagmet says I can play king until 2025 and I am going to so there .
For the last six months, Canadians couldn’t be trusted with knowing which member of the Canadian delegation attending the funeral for Queen Elizabeth last September stayed in a $6,000-a-night room with a private butler. The government refused to say who stayed there, Global Affairs discussed how to keep the name under wraps, and documents were redacted to keep the person’s identity secret. The Canadian Taxpayers Federation launched a legal action to discover the truth.

Only on Thursday, did Trudeau finally admit he was the mystery guest. Apparently, Canadians can’t be trusted to know how a prime minister is spending taxpayers’ money.

Reactions: petros