Democrats Truly Are Feckin' Stupid.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

Fleeing Texas Democrats Sue Gov. Abbott for Civil Rights Violation

A group of 22 Democrat Texas lawmakers that fled the state to block a vote on voting reform are now suing Republican Gov. Greg Abbott for violating their civil rights when he ordered them back to the state.

The lawsuit is the latest round of the saga between the Republicans and the governor, who is call special sessions of the state legislature to pass a voter reform bill, and a group of Texas House Democrats who have avoided the Capitol to put off voting on the bill.

The "fugitive" group of Democrat lawmakers put off two votes on the bill by leaving the chamber during a midnight session, and then 50 fled the state in a charter plane to Washington, D.C., to again avoid the measure from coming to a vote in the majority Republican House.......More

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
AMERICAN NEWS Aug 8, 2021 5:41 PM EST

Oregon Governor signs new law allowing students to graduate without proving they can read, write, or do math

An Oregon high school diploma does not guarantee that students who earned it can read, write or do math at a high school level.

Governor Kate Brown dropped the requirement that students demonstrate they have achieved those essential skills by signing Senate Bill 744 into law. She declined again Friday to comment on why she supported suspending the proficiency requirements, reported OregonLive.

The bill was not entered into the legislative database until July 29, a departure from the standard practice of updating the public database the same day a bill is signed. Charles Boyle, the governor’s deputy communications director, said the governor’s staff told legislative staff the same day the governor signed the bill.

Boyle said in an emailed statement that suspending the reading, writing and math proficiency requirements will benefit "Oregon’s Black, Latino, Latina, Latinx, Indigenous, Asian, Pacific Islander, Tribal, and students of colour."......More

• Wow
Reactions: Dixie Cup

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

Oregon Governor signs new law allowing students to graduate without proving they can read, write, or do math

An Oregon high school diploma does not guarantee that students who earned it can read, write or do math at a high school level.

Governor Kate Brown dropped the requirement that students demonstrate they have achieved those essential skills by signing Senate Bill 744 into law. She declined again Friday to comment on why she supported suspending the proficiency requirements, reported OregonLive.

The bill was not entered into the legislative database until July 29, a departure from the standard practice of updating the public database the same day a bill is signed. Charles Boyle, the governor’s deputy communications director, said the governor’s staff told legislative staff the same day the governor signed the bill.

Boyle said in an emailed statement that suspending the reading, writing and math proficiency requirements will benefit "Oregon’s Black, Latino, Latina, Latinx, Indigenous, Asian, Pacific Islander, Tribal, and students of colour."......More
Just give them all a bachelor degree and a government job for life .

• Haha
Reactions: Twin_Moose

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton

Well they'll be really successful won't they? Wouldn't want them to provide any essential services, that's for sure. Guess they really do want people to rely on the government for support. WOW what a dreadful policy and totally unfair to those who come under it.

I read somewhere that even math is considered racist and that 2+2 doesn't have to equal 4!! WTF?? Wouldn't want to cross a bridge built by someone who decides that math is whatever they want it to be!! Good grief!!

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton

An obvious way of stating that siad "Black, Latino, Latina, Latinx et al are unable to achieve stated goals. How insulting is that? Unbelievable.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020

or she could have said that public education is no longer relevant for those other than the ones working and getting paid.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons

Wait, I thought that was already happening everywhere. Just watched some alleged high school graduate try to subtract $1.65 from $20.00, even showing his work, and STILL came up with a total of $19.45. A few years back had another alleged high school graduate seriously ask me why a 25 cent piece is called a quarter. How the hell do you even graduate from elementary school without knowing wtf a quarter is?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Wait, I thought that was already happening everywhere. Just watched some alleged high school graduate try to subtract $1.65 from $20.00, even showing his work, and STILL came up with a total of $19.45. A few years back had another alleged high school graduate seriously ask me why a 25 cent piece is called a quarter. How the hell do you even graduate from elementary school without knowing wtf a quarter is?
Try explaining a yard and a half .

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Sad but true. Even with the cash register showing what the change should be, many times I've seen cashiers hesitate when giving change. Seriously. When I decided to retire, in training any individuals (yes, it was plural b'cuz most of them simply couldn't get the concept of what the job entailed & had to be let go) I realized that I thought I was bad at math - hell, I'm a genius based on what I saw. They couldn't understand percentages, pro-rating etc. It was extremely disturbing and I wondered what these kids are being taught in school. Needless to say, my former employer is STILL trying to fill the position as I wasn't willing to stay any longer on the job. I did manage to train one person but she didn't last long - apparently the "work load" was too much to handle. Gez, I did it for 18 years! Guess work is the last thing they actually want to do. Not all are like this but the ones I interacted with were.

Now that apparently there's a "new math" and that 2+2 doesn't necessarily = 4, the future of engineers that I'm seeing will mean bridges, roads & tunnels falling apart because the math just doesn't work. ;)

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

Jayapal: We Don’t ‘Have to Reduce’ Gas Prices, We Can Lower Other Costs with Spending Bill​

On Thursday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “MTP Daily,” Congressional Progressive Caucus Chair Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-WA) responded to a question on what the administration or Congress should do on gas prices by stating that “It isn’t really that you have to reduce the gas price, what you have to do is reduce the costs for families” and that reducing cost “doesn’t have to be through lowering gas prices. That’s what I’m saying with Build Back Better. If we lower costs, that’s what a family is looking at.”

Jayapal said that her constituents “are not talking about inflation, by the way. They’re talking about, hey, I don’t have enough money in my budget to pay for the things I need to pay for. And the reason I say it that way is because it’s really important to understand that if you’re on a fixed budget, as many people are, as I have been in my life, then what you’re always trying to do is balance what you have to spend with what you have in that budget. The way that we can fix that immediately while the supply chain issues are being worked out, while the economy recovers from COVID and the worst economic downturn we’ve seen in recent history is we can actually help families cut their costs. How do we do that? We pass the Build Back Better Act.”.....More

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

Jayapal: We Don’t ‘Have to Reduce’ Gas Prices, We Can Lower Other Costs with Spending Bill​

On Thursday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “MTP Daily,” Congressional Progressive Caucus Chair Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-WA) responded to a question on what the administration or Congress should do on gas prices by stating that “It isn’t really that you have to reduce the gas price, what you have to do is reduce the costs for families” and that reducing cost “doesn’t have to be through lowering gas prices. That’s what I’m saying with Build Back Better. If we lower costs, that’s what a family is looking at.”

Jayapal said that her constituents “are not talking about inflation, by the way. They’re talking about, hey, I don’t have enough money in my budget to pay for the things I need to pay for. And the reason I say it that way is because it’s really important to understand that if you’re on a fixed budget, as many people are, as I have been in my life, then what you’re always trying to do is balance what you have to spend with what you have in that budget. The way that we can fix that immediately while the supply chain issues are being worked out, while the economy recovers from COVID and the worst economic downturn we’ve seen in recent history is we can actually help families cut their costs. How do we do that? We pass the Build Back Better Act.”.....More
And this one explains nothing .

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

Even turdOWE would have trouble getting that much stupid into one statement.

• Haha

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton

WOW - is she really that dumb? Seriously??