COVID-19 'Pandemic'

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Canada is on the verge of a second wave. Numbers have been rising for the past 2-3 weeks, and are approaching 600 new cases/day, which is double what the country was reporting a month ago. This is on par with many Europeans countries like France and Spain, who are reporting their highest case count since April.

It is only going to get worse in the fall.
Thanks scientist Girth . Are we all going to die ?

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
COVID-19 vaccine task force members have declared 18 conflicts of interests so far

Members of the government’s task force advising on the hunt for a coronavirus vaccine have recused themselves from discussions 18 times over potential conflicts of interest since June.

But unlike with politicians and other public office holders, Canadians can't see what conflicts of interest the task force members have declared...........More

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I think it's going to be inevitable at this point. We can only do so much in winter, when most of the population is working indoors.

Buy masks! You can get 50 of them at Superstore for $20. That will probably get you through the winter...……………...a cheap investment to enhance your mobility!

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Wear a face shield. Much safer than a mask. Unless you are really ugly and should wear a mask.
If you are going to wear a mask all day make sure you have at least 4 of them and change them every few hours. Wash them daily and you might not get sick avoiding a virus you probably won't catch anyway.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Buy masks! You can get 50 of them at Superstore for $20. That will probably get you through the winter...……………...a cheap investment to enhance your mobility!
Waste of beer money .

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Wear a face shield. Much safer than a mask. Unless you are really ugly and should wear a mask.
If you are going to wear a mask all day make sure you have at least 4 of them and change them every few hours. Wash them daily and you might not get sick avoiding a virus you probably won't catch anyway.

One of the experts (I can't remember which) spoke on T.V. on that subject recently, the message being, masks are better. Bugs can invade around the sides of the face shields. Of course my mask wearing periods are brief, seldom more than two hours and generally less than 1/2 an hour.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
One of the experts (I can't remember which) spoke on T.V. on that subject recently, the message being, masks are better. Bugs can invade around the sides of the face shields. Of course my mask wearing periods are brief, seldom more than two hours and generally less than 1/2 an hour.

The mask does not protect the eyes so it only is a minimal increase of protection for you. However it does an excellent job of protecting the other guy from you. The face shield does a less perfect job of protecting you but only minimally protects the other guy from you. Either is better than nothing.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The mask does not protect the eyes so it only is a minimal increase of protection for you. However it does an excellent job of protecting the other guy from you. The face shield does a less perfect job of protecting you but only minimally protects the other guy from you. Either is better than nothing.

Anyone know what percentage of Covid is contracted through the eyes? My guess would be small to minute!

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Face shields keep other people's spit off you. Ambulance attendants are wearing them,sometimes with a respirator as are hostesses in some restaurants.
We quit using face diapers on FR calls. Went to half masks. Much more comfortable and safer.