COVID-19 'Pandemic'

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Why so much ignorance? WE should not be your first concern, it's the well being of the 100 cases! I realize you just can't fix "stupid". :)

100 cases a day is well within the ability of Public Health to do contact tracing and well within capacity of hospitals. That is the barometer. People will continue to get it. Goal is to keep those numbers manageable.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
My wild guess is that's far too high. :)

I don't think so.

The medical experts have always said viruses get into your body through your eyes, mouth or nose. I think the 3 are about equal in chance. The mask covers 2 of them so a 1/3 chance is about right.

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
100 cases a day is well within the ability of Public Health to do contact tracing and well within capacity of hospitals. That is the barometer. People will continue to get it. Goal is to keep those numbers manageable.

I would agree for a limited # of days, but we certainly can't keep that up indefinitely!

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
What are the protocols in SK specifically Saskatoon? I am going to fly in in October to visit my dad. Do I need a mask or just socially distance?

https://www.saskatoon.ca/services-residents/fire-emergency/covid-19

Provincial Public Health Order Remains In Effect
Residents must continue to take measures to stop the spread of COVID-19 and follow the restrictions under the current Public Health Order. As of June 22, indoor gatherings of up to 30 are permitted where space allows for two metres of physical distancing between participants. Outdoor gatherings of up to 30 people continue to be permitted with a two metre physical separation between individuals.

News Releases
Latest updates from the City of Saskatoon:

September
City requires masks on Transit, recommends masks for indoor facilities

Where can I get the most up-to-date health information?
Saskatchewan residents should go to saskatchewan.ca/COVID19 for the latest information. The site includes information on travel guidance and preventative measures as well as information for care providers.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I don't think so.

The medical experts have always said viruses get into your body through your eyes, mouth or nose. I think the 3 are about equal in chance. The mask covers 2 of them so a 1/3 chance is about right.

I don't know what the ratio actually is but the reason I would guess the eyes are much lower is because unlike the others you are not INHALING through your eyes! :) I suppose there's an outside chance you could contract something through your ears.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
To a degree, but I imagine it won't be long before minor procedures start getting postponed and eventually those can turn into major procedures!

100 cases does not mean 100 hospitalizations. I do believe the initial estimates for % of cases requiring hospitalization were high. In Canada we never overran our hospital spaces or respirators as they did in Italy. Now we do have real statistics and should use that to manage going forward.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
100 cases does not mean 100 hospitalizations. I do believe the initial estimates for % of cases requiring hospitalization were high. In Canada we never overran our hospital spaces or respirators as they did in Italy. Now we do have real statistics and should use that to manage going forward.

Good thought!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I don't know what the ratio actually is but the reason I would guess the eyes are much lower is because unlike the others you are not INHALING through your eyes! :) I suppose there's an outside chance you could contract something through your ears.

Nobody has ever mentioned ears. Your nose has fibers which catch the virus. This offers some natural protection. Your eyes have easy access to the sinus cavity with little filtering. If a droplet his your eyes, the virus is in your body unimpeded.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Nobody has ever mentioned ears. Your nose has fibers which catch the virus. This offers some natural protection. Your eyes have easy access to the sinus cavity with little filtering. If a droplet his your eyes, the virus is in your body unimpeded.
Faceshields are used against HIV and Hep C in th ER.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Why so much ignorance? WE should not be your first concern, it's the well being of the 100 cases! I realize you just can't fix "stupid". :)
The well being ? One more patient died bring us to a total of 210 , isn’t Bonny Henry fantastic .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
To a degree, but I imagine it won't be long before minor procedures start getting postponed and eventually those can turn into major procedures!
Isn’t that what we did back in March ?