COVID-19 'Pandemic'

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
When someone supposedly catches the covid bug before or after taking the covid jabs they have an opportunity to fight the covid bug with those two health options mentioned above. When one catches the covid flu they can tell so right away by them having a fever and having breathing problems. But that does not mean that because they have a fever and breathing problems that they have covid at all. Many other flu bugs give off the same signals also. Many people have been treated with those two health options above and have got themselves better. That is what I am reading and hearing about on many of those alternative media websites. Just saying. (y)
Yes, AFTER getting sick. Why get sick?

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
  • Haha
Reactions: taxme

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
Uh-huh. The earth is flat too and lizard aliens control the banks.

Is the earth really flat and do lizard aliens control the banks? I did not know that? WOW. Can you forward me some information on those two you mentioned? It looks more like shit news to me, but hey. I await your reply. :cool:

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
Only an idiot like you would still believe the constant lies and bullshit about all of those covid non vaccinated people that are SUPPOSEDLY spreading the virus bug. The stories that I am reading and listening to are telling me just the opposite. It is the vaccinated idiots that are spreading the covid viruses around. Gesus, how did you get this far in life with so little? You are truly amazing indeed. So, is Rachel Mad"Cow" your hero? Just asking. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Only an idiot like you would still believe the constant lies and bullshit about all of those covid non vaccinated people that are SUPPOSEDLY spreading the virus bug. The stories that I am reading and listening to are telling me just the opposite. It is the vaccinated idiots that are spreading the covid viruses around.

So you only have the truth and everyone else lies? Even the people IN the situation being discussed? Riiiiight... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Gesus, how did you get this far in life with so little?

How'd YOU do it with less?

You are truly amazing indeed.

Nah, not really.

So, is Rachel Mad"Cow" your hero? Just asking. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

LOL - because I posted ONE clip from a story she co-covered, she's a 'hero'? You really DO like reaching for any excuse...

No, she's not a hero, far from it.

But if we're gonna start asking stupid things - do YOU enjoy reach-arounds really that much?

• Haha
Reactions: taxme

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
3d illustration of sperm cells moving to the right.
3d illustration of sperm cells moving to the right. PHOTO BY FILE PHOTO /Getty Images
ANTI-VAXXERS BELIEVE IN THE VALUE OF PURE SEMEN

If it’s on the internet it must be true.

That is certainly the case of anti-vaxxers whose beliefs may have been shaped by what they’ve read on the information superhighway. Besides thinking COVID-19 vaccines are bad, this group of people also seemingly believe that “unvaccinated sperm will be the next Bitcoin.”

According to a Vice report, some of the unvaccinated feel their pure sperm will make the market of semen soar to the moon. Their belief is as the vaccinated population dwindles (because vaccines supposedly don’t work), the unvaccinated people will emerge as leaders to repopulate the earth with their super semen!

So what spawned this bizarre point of view? A “sperm is the new Bitcoin” meme and an anti-mask and anti-vax community on Reddit.

Vice reported the sperm mem isn’t new and has been floating the interwebs since the production of COVID-19 vaccines. It was brought back to the spotlight after conspiracy theories regarding high demand for unvaccinated blood and a short supply of semen at sperm banks because of lockdown measures.

This is all compounded with screenshots from a cryptocurrency blog post with the “Is unvaccinated sperm really the next Bitcoin?” headline being spread around without context.

In an interview with Vice, Tony Chen, clinical assistant professor at the Stanford School of Medicine urology department, stated studies have shown that getting vaccinated does not affect sperm quality or count, noting the coronavirus can also be found in testicle and penile tissue and semen in those infected.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
YARD SKELETON ENCOURAGES COVID VACCINATIONS

If you don’t get vaccinated for COVID-19, being a skeleton might be your future outlook.

At least that’s what a North Carolina man hopes to spook into people as a giant skeleton sits on his front lawn with a board that reads: “NOT VACCINATED SEE YOU SOON IDIOTS!”

Along with the skeleton, Jesse Jones’ home is adorned with a number of tombstones that read, “No vac,” “It wasn’t a hoax,” “My Dr. is on YouTube” and “I got my news from Fox.”

According to WNCN, Jones — a Raleigh resident — just wants to remind people to get vaccinated.

“Wear your mask, social distance, and get vaccinated. It’s just that simple,” said Jones, a lawyer. “So, I just got frustrated because nobody does it, and that’s why I put that up — because it’s a strong statement.”

COVID-19 hits home for Hones. His mother-in-law along with more than a dozen of his clients died from the coronavirus.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Ontario science advisory group denies resigning doctor's allegation
Author of the article:Antonella Artuso
Antonella Artuso
Publishing date:Aug 23, 2021 • 16 hours ago • 1 minute read • 66 Comments
David Fisman, a professor of epidemiology at the Dalla Lana School of Public Health
David Fisman, a professor of epidemiology at the Dalla Lana School of Public Health PHOTO BY @DFISMAN /Twitter
Article content
The Ontario COVID-19 Advisory Science Table is denying an allegation that it is holding back modelling that shows the province is heading for a “grim fall,” despite the high profile resignation of one of its members.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
University of Toronto Prof. Dr. David Fisman posted his resignation letter Monday in which he stated that he no longer wishes to remain in an uncomfortable position of choosing between “placid relations” with colleagues and speaking the truth during a public health crisis.

“In a system such as ours, it was always going to be a challenge to balance the best scientific guidance with what is politically possible,” Fisman said in his letter.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
“That these tables achieved this for as long as they did was quite remarkable. More recently, I find myself increasingly uncomfortable with the degree to which political considerations appear to be driving outputs from the table, or at least the degree to which these outputs are shared in a transparent manner with the public.”

The Science Table tweeted, “There appear to be some rumours that the Science Advisory Table is withholding a consensus model of COVID-19 in the fall. To be absolutely clear, that is not true.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
NDP Leader Andrea Horwath blamed the Doug Ford government for Fisman’s resignation, accusing the premier of failing to listen to the science table’s advice.

Over the weekend, Fisman also alleged on Twitter that the table was sitting on “important modelling work that projects a grim fall.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
A spokesman for the science table said Monday that the group is “completely independent of government and always has been.”

Robert Steiner said the table is not withholding pandemic modelling for the fall, but is currently generating a number of models and has yet to reach a consensus.

aartuso@postmedia.com
1629804186691.png1629804122720.png

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Ex-NHLer Brandon Prust to woman: 'Hope they force you into the sex trade'
The Twitter exchange came after he appeared to mock those pushing for mandatory vaccination

Author of the article:Free Press staff
Publishing date:Aug 25, 2021 • 1 day ago • 2 minute read • 13 Comments
Londoner Brandon Prust is shown during his time with the NHL's Calgary Flames in this 2009 photo. (Calgary Herald)
Londoner Brandon Prust is shown during his time with the NHL's Calgary Flames in this 2009 photo. (Calgary Herald)
Article content
A London hockey legend who’s become known for controversial social-media rants is railing against COVID vaccine mandates, and told one woman who disagreed he hopes “they force you into the sex trade.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
Brandon Prust, a Memorial Cup champion with the London Knights who enjoyed a 10-year NHL career, published several messages on Twitter that appeared to mock those pushing for mandatory vaccination efforts.

“I’m going to be on the road tomorrow driving. If I see anyone else on the road I will lose it,” wrote Prust, who has settled back in London, his hometown, after retiring. “Also everyone take their vitamins tomorrow because mine won’t work if you don’t take urs (yours).”

A woman replied sarcastically – “Thanks in advance for driving safe” – and Prust appeared to compare vaccine mandates to forced prostitution in his reply.

“So that means they can force me to do anything they want? I hope they force you into the sex trade,” he wrote before adding a sexual insult. “I paid more taxes for these roads than you could ever dream of money in your account.”

The comment drew a torrent of criticism. One man called it “disgusting and completely disrespectful” while another called it “a childish, horrific response.”

After The Free Press published a story on the tweet, Prust wrote on social media that his comment “was blown out of context,” adding: “As usual people are just blowing s–t out of context. Anyway have a good day everyone lol (laugh out loud).”

Prust then returned to social media a few minutes later – more than 12 hours after the initial sex-trade tweet – noting he “would like to apologize to the lady I replied to” on Twitter.

“I apologize for my bad choice of words,” he wrote. “I don’t hope the government forces anyone into the sex trade!”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content

It’s not the first Prust rant to draw scorn on social media during the pandemic.

In May – the same day The Free Press detailed the virus-related death of a local teen, and the community recorded its 207th death of the pandemic – Prust appeared to ridicule the restrictions in place across Ontario and nationwide.

“Cancer kills about 80k Canadians a year but yet you can buy as many cigarettes as you want. Diabetes kills about 40k Canadians a year but (you) can drink as much pop and eat as many cheeseburgers as you want,” Prust tweeted. “Covid kills 25k Canadians in a year and a half. Don’t you dare leave your house.”

“Cancer and diabetes aren’t contagious,” one person replied.
Prust won the Memorial Cup with the 2005 London Knights before going on to a solid NHL career that included stops in Vancouver, Montreal and with the New York Rangers.

He now lives back in London, where he is involved in charity efforts. Last year the Brandon Prust Foundation donated $25,000 to the Children’s Health Foundation, eventually raising more than $50,000 after challenging Londoners to match his donation to help families with sick kids at the hospital.

Prust played nearly 500 NHL games, compiling 115 points and more than 1,000 penalty minutes.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
U.S. reports world's first deer with COVID-19
Author of the article:Reuters
Reuters
Publishing date:Aug 27, 2021 • 13 hours ago • 1 minute read • Join the conversation
A white-tail deer is pictured in a file photo.
A white-tail deer is pictured in a file photo. PHOTO BY FILE PHOTO /Getty Images
Article content
CHICAGO — The U.S. government said on Friday it had confirmed the world’s first cases of COVID-19 in deer, expanding the list of animals known to have tested positive for the disease.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
The U.S. Department of Agriculture reported infections of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, in wild white-tailed deer in the state of Ohio, according to a statement. There were no reports of deer showing symptoms of infection, the USDA said.

“We do not know how the deer were exposed to SARS-CoV-2,” USDA spokeswoman Lyndsay Cole wrote in an e-mail to Reuters. “It’s possible they were exposed through people, the environment, other deer, or another animal species.”

The USDA has previously reported COVID-19 in animals including dogs, cats, tigers, lions, snow leopards, otters, gorillas and minks.

Worldwide, most animal infections were reported in species that had close contact with a person with COVID-19, according to the agency.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
The USDA reported last month that white-tailed deer populations in Illinois, Michigan, New York, and Pennsylvania were exposed to SARS-CoV-2, based on a study that analyzed serum samples from free-ranging deer for antibodies to the disease.

The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine collected samples from the infected deer in Ohio from January to March as part of ongoing studies, the USDA said. The samples were presumed to be positive for COVID-19 in university tests, and the cases were confirmed at USDA’s National Veterinary Services Laboratories, according to the statement.
GettyImages-1202632111-scaled-e1630095806598[1].jpg

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

Are We Really Doing This For “Safety”?​

Take a long look at what our rulers are doing to our children

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Two die in Japan after shots from suspended Moderna vaccines
Reuters
Publishing date:Aug 28, 2021 • 1 day ago • 2 minute read • Join the conversation
Medical staff prepare Moderna coronavirus vaccines for use at the newly-opened mass vaccination centre on May 24, 2021 in Tokyo.
Medical staff prepare Moderna coronavirus vaccines for use at the newly-opened mass vaccination centre on May 24, 2021 in Tokyo. PHOTO BY CARL COURT /Getty Images
Article content
TOKYO — Two people died after receiving Moderna Inc COVID-19 vaccine shots that were among lots later suspended following the discovery of contaminants, Japan’s health ministry said on Saturday.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
The men in their 30s died this month within days of receiving their second Moderna doses, the ministry said in a release. Each had a shot from one of three manufacturing lots suspended on Thursday. The causes of death are being investigated.

Japan halted the use of 1.63 million Moderna doses shipped to 863 vaccination centres nationwide, more than a week after the domestic distributor, Takeda Pharmaceutical Co , received reports of contaminants in some vials.

“At this time, we do not have any evidence that these deaths are caused by the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine,” Moderna and Takeda said in a statement on Saturday. “It is important to conduct a formal investigation to determine whether there is any connection.”

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
The government has also said no safety or efficacy issues had been identified and the suspension of the three Moderna batches was a precaution.

Fumie Sakamoto, the infection control manager at St. Luke’s International Hospital in Tokyo, cautioned against drawing a connection between the shots and the fatalities reported on Saturday.

MORE ON THIS TOPIC

People in Toronto lined up and got their vaccinations at a TTC pop-up clinic at Victoria Park subway station on Tuesday, August 24, 2021.
Canada approves Moderna's COVID-19 vaccine for adolescents
In this file photo a health-care worker fills a syringe with Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine at a community vaccination event in Los Angeles, Aug. 11, 2021.
U.S. officials weigh shorter timeline for COVID booster shots: Biden

“There may only be a temporal relationship between vaccination and death,” Sakamoto told Reuters. “There are so many things we still don’t know to make any conclusions on these two cases.”

The contaminants found in some vials in Japan are believed to be metallic particles, public broadcaster NHK reported, citing health ministry sources.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content

Japan has administered more than 124 million COVID-19 vaccine shots, with about 44% of the population fully inoculated.

As of Aug. 8, 991 people had died in Japan after receiving shots of Pfizer Inc’s vaccine and 11 after receiving Moderna’s, but no causality between the injections and the deaths has been established, according to the health ministry. Adverse reactions have been reported at a frequency of 0.01% for the Moderna shot.

In the fatalities reported on Saturday, each man had a fever the day after his second dose and died two days after getting the fever. There has been no evidence that their shots contained contaminants, a health ministry official told reporters.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
New Zealand reports first death linked to Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine
Reuters
Publishing date:Aug 29, 2021 • 5 hours ago • 1 minute read • Join the conversation
A vial labelled with the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine is seen in this illustration picture taken March 19, 2021.
A vial labelled with the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine is seen in this illustration picture taken March 19, 2021. PHOTO BY DADO RUVIC /REUTERS
Article content
WELLINGTON — New Zealand on Monday reported what authorities said was the country’s first recorded death linked to the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content
The information was released by the health ministry following a review by an independent COVID-19 vaccine safety monitoring board of the death of a woman after receiving the vaccine. The ministry’s statement did not give the woman’s age.

The board considered that the woman’s death was due to myocarditis, which is known to be a rare side effect of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine, the statement said. Myocarditis is an inflammation of the heart muscle that can limit the organ’s ability to pump blood and can cause changes in heartbeat rhythms.

“This is the first case in New Zealand where a death in the days following vaccination has been linked to the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine,” the health ministry said.

The Pfizer media team in New Zealand did not immediately reply to an emailed request for comment.

Advertisement
STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Article content

The case has been referred to the coroner and the cause of death has not yet been determined, the health ministry said.

The independent board, however, did consider that the myocarditis was probably because of the vaccination.

The board also noted that there were other medical issues occurring at the same time which may have influenced the outcome following vaccination.

“The benefits of vaccination with the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine continue to greatly outweigh the risk of both COVID-19 infection and vaccine side effects, including myocarditis,” it added.

So far the Pfizer/BioNTech, Janssen and AstraZeneca vaccines have been provisionally approved by New Zealand authorities. However, the Pfizer vaccine is the only vaccine that has been approved for rollout to the public.

New Zealand is battling an outbreak of the Delta variant of COVID-19 after nearly six months of being virus free.

It reported 53 new cases on Monday, taking the total number of infections in the current outbreak to 562.

A nationwide lockdown was enforced earlier this month to beat the spread of the Delta variant.