christmas, Uggggh

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I was in costco yesterday and noticed a 'christmas tree', (choke), then beyond that there was a complete

row of christmas decorations etc.

I've never before had the urge to physically destroy anything in a store, (or anywhere else) until I
saw those articles, I wanted to tear that tree to pieces, and tip over all of the shelves of christmas
stuff.

The adrenalin flowed strong, I felt miserably energetic, and felt I would be doing a good deed, but NO
I walked away, with head down, disgusted and dissapointed,

ITS ONLY AUG 30 for ch***t sake, that should be criminal.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I was in costco yesterday and noticed a 'christmas tree', (choke), then beyond that there was a complete

Oh no! No, no no.

I've never before had the urge to physically destroy anything in a store, (or anywhere else) until I
saw those articles, I wanted to tear that tree to pieces, and tip over all of the shelves of christmas
stuff.
Just so you know, had you given in to your darkest impulses, I would have personally defended any charges in court.

I'm not a lawyer, but my heart is in the right place, lol ;)

The adrenalin flowed strong, I felt miserably energetic, and felt I would be doing a good deed, but NO

ITS ONLY AUG 30 for ch****s sake, that should be criminal.

I feel your pain. That is just a whole new level of wrong. :)

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

stuff.

We always start our shopping early - Began last weekend - Grandkids 1st of course.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.

stuff.

No, you saw a Holiday Tree, and some Holiday Decorations. the PC police are gonna getcha.:!:
Had to opportunity to pick up some Holiday Decorations at a yard sale last week. Felt about the same as you. Even at a yard sale, it's a bit early.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007

stuff.

That is strange(maybe they forgot to take the decorations down from last Christmas;) ). Usually the "official" day for putting up Christmas decorations in stores is November 1st(it's Halloween stuff until then).

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
That is strange(maybe they forgot to take the decorations down from last Christmas;) ). Usually the "official" day for putting up Christmas decorations in stores is November 1st(it's Halloween stuff until then).

We just got our new costco store recently, now I can just see our other stores scrambling to get all of their xmas
stuff out to keep pace.
Next time I go into Costco I will avoid that new complete isle of xmas stuff even if I have to go all round
the far isles to do it.
They didn't even have the tactfullness to start it out in a far corner and slowly work it further into the
middle of the store, IT IS right in the middle for all to see.

In fact I will stay out of the store completely until I want to see it, their advertising will backfire on
them, they will drive me further away.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
We just got our new costco store recently, now I can just see our other stores scrambling to get all of their xmas
stuff out to keep pace.
Next time I go into Costco I will avoid that new complete isle of xmas stuff even if I have to go all round
the far isles to do it.
They didn't even have the tactfullness to start it out in a far corner and slowly work it further into the
middle of the store, IT IS right in the middle for all to see.

In fact I will stay out of the store completely until I want to see it, their advertising will backfire on
them, they will drive me further away.

Alas, the majority of people will just shrug their shoulders and purchase some tinsel.8O

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Talloola, just think of it as Happy Winter Solstice instead of Merry Ho Ho. Helps calm me down when I want to blow up Xmas trees and Santa stuff.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
Well I can understand people not liking Christmas stuff in the stores when we haven't even had autumn yet, but I sure am glad that I live with someone who loves Christmas as much as I do! My roommate's parents were grinches and never let him have a Christmas tree growing up, so we get to bring the tree out in November! Yup, Christmas is a big, BIG deal in my home, none of that winter solstice stuff for us! Of course, autumn is my favorite of the four seasons so I make sure to take time to appreciate that too... :)

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Well I can understand people not liking Christmas stuff in the stores when we haven't even had autumn yet, but I sure am glad that I live with someone who loves Christmas as much as I do! My roommate's parents were grinches and never let him have a Christmas tree growing up, so we get to bring the tree out in November! Yup, Christmas is a big, BIG deal in my home, none of that winter solstice stuff for us! Of course, autumn is my favorite of the four seasons so I make sure to take time to appreciate that too... :)

I love Xmas too, lets not turn this into a "I hate Xmas' thread. Its only august remember?