CDN Election 2019

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
But you are missing one fairly important point. Liberal votes went down from 2015 while Conservative votes went up?

Yeah I don't get it either how do you get a (D) in 2019 with a 500,000+ increase in vote, and 20+ increase in seat count, maybe it's millennial math?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Yeah I don't get it either how do you get a (D) in 2019 with a 500,000+ increase in vote, and 20+ increase in seat count, maybe it's millennial math?

I'm not sure why she just doesn't admit the mistake! There's no shame in it, at least up to the point she started calling me stupid and ignorant. I guess when you have too much pride it's hard to swallow! :)

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I'm not sure why she just doesn't admit the mistake! There's no shame in it, at least up to the point she started calling me stupid and ignorant. I guess when you have too much pride it's hard to swallow! :)

No, you moron, because I'm just seeing it now because... ah **** you don't need to know why.

And you're right.

I put a D instead of I there.

You're right.

(oops, guess I'm not that prideful after all)

That DOES NOT change the result that despite the INCREASE, it's still can be wiped out when you factor in the OTHER PARTIES.

Which is what I wrote after (and said was correctly an increase).

Which is my effin point!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
No, you moron, because I'm just seeing it now because... ah **** you don't need to know why.

And you're right.

I put a D instead of I there.

You're right.

(oops, guess I'm not that prideful after all)

That DOES NOT change the result that despite the INCREASE, it's still can be wiped out when you factor in the OTHER PARTIES.

Which is what I wrote after (and said was correctly an increase).

Which is my effin point!

I'll tell you a little secret, it's not that important to me whether I'm right or wrong, mistakes happen but in this case since you got vindictive and abusive I did double check just to make absolutely sure I right. In future just stay completely away from me on ANY subject you harridan!

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I'll tell you a little secret, it's not that important to me whether I'm right or wrong, mistakes happen but in this case since you got vindictive and abusive I did double check just to make absolutely sure I right. In future just stay completely away from me on ANY subject you harridan!

I'm usually cool about people being wrong about things. Like you said, mistakes happen.

But being blatantly ignorant.

What I don't understand is why you keep ignoring it? It's right there in front of you.

The Votes stayed "left" (yes, I know, you hate the use of the term).

The Cons only had a gain of 542,000 votes.

The Bloc or Green ALONE in their gains wipes that lead off the damn map, by 10,000.

How can this NOT be a sign that the Cons are in trouble???

(also, I feel kind'a awesome being called a harridan, no one's called a harridan anymore :D )

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I'm usually cool about people being wrong about things. Like you said, mistakes happen.

But being blatantly ignorant.

What I don't understand is why you keep ignoring it? It's right there in front of you.

The Votes stayed "left" (yes, I know, you hate the use of the term).

The Cons only had a gain of 542,000 votes.

The Bloc or Green ALONE in their gains wipes that lead off the damn map, by 10,000.

How can this NOT be a sign that the Cons are in trouble???

(also, I feel kind'a awesome being called a harridan, no one's called a harridan anymore :D )

Because if they can repeat a similar gain next election they could have a majority.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Because if they can repeat a similar gain next election they could have a majority.

They could, yes.

I won't deny that, nor have I.

BUT.

To do THAT they have to take those left leaning votes away from the Bloc and Green.

In the current state of the party, if that was possible they would have HAD the numbers already.

They don't.

Which is why. Again. They are in trouble if they don't take it seriously and fix their problems outside of the West, where most of their votes came from.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
They could, yes.
BUT.
To do THAT they have to take those left leaning votes away from the Bloc and Green.
In the current state of the party, if that was possible they would have HAD the numbers already.
They don't.
Which is why. Again. They are in trouble if they don't take it seriously and fix their problems outside of the West, where most of their votes came from.
No they wouldn't. A few from the Liberals around Toronto and a few of the NDP in BC could cover it. Most of the bloc votes would have been liberal.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
They could, yes.
BUT.
They don't.

The Cons have to ditch the loonies like JLM before they'll be attractive enough to garner majority levels of votes

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
No they wouldn't. A few from the Liberals around Toronto and a few of the NDP in BC could cover it. Most of the bloc votes would have been liberal.

Maybe.

There's also the Independent that also stayed 'left'. 80K isn't anything to sneeze at either.

But all that is IF the numbers stayed as they are or roughly where they are now.

I'd also throw out there that with NB going typical and weird - both Blue and a Green - unless they do fantastic that won't be the same next election. Personally I think that Fredericton voted Green breaking with the usual because they got tired of both parts - provincially and federally - and just voted for the person instead.

I think that's why when you sit and look at things, we can't assume any election is a certainty. Next election totally different areas could vote totally different than they did this time.

At the same time, the Cons can't say honestly that they have a mandate and that they're in a good place, just because they gained half a million seats popular view.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
They could, yes.
BUT.
They don't.

Any party can be wiped out at anytime see Libs. pre Trudeau, or Cons. pre Manning

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
what happened was they raised about 80% of the money the much large NDP raised and they increased their seats from 2 to 3 - adding a seat outside of bc for the first time.

They also got about double the popular vote from the previous election.

Because climate change was the second most important election issue after healthcare I feel the Greens came though in a big way.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
SNC Lavalin shares take off after Liberal win

Oh yeah...that's what I'm talkin' 'bout.

This is what SNC Lavalin shares have been doing since Liberals won the election
(financial post.)
https://business.financialpost.com/...s-election-uncertainty-eases-with-trudeau-win

PROOF there is PROFIT in bribery.............................

and criminal obstruction of justice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
what happened was they raised about 80% of the money the much large NDP raised and they increased their seats from 2 to 3 - adding a seat outside of bc for the first time.

They also got about double the popular vote from the previous election.

Because climate change was the second most important election issue after healthcare I feel the Greens came though in a big way.

Here are some awkward little facts that might worry hemerHOID...............................

if he was not so busy making up Fake News about CONSERVATIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In other news - the remarkable Doctor Jordan Peterson says he worked for two years for a United Nations Climate Agency and as a result of that he says there are NOW MORE TREES in the northern hemisphere than there were 100 years ago!!!!!!!!!!

His explanation is simple- 100 years ago we burned trees for heat and cooking but now we revere trees and municipal govts do what they can to LIMIT tree cutting!!

And of course one only has to drive around the more central parts of Ontari-owe - outside the GTA - to notice abandoned farms and overgrown fields where forests are re-establishing on land that was marginal for farming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it not strange that Our idiot Boy Justin claims he will reduce taxes on the Middle Class- yet he is planning a MAJOR SALES TAX HIKE ON EVERYTHING - using his carbon tax SCAM - just another LIE-beral BAIT AND SWITCH MOVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By carbon taxing everything from electricity to food and clothes - he gets an EXTRA GRAVY GRAB as the sales tax automatically goes up with the higher prices - and WHERE is the tax “break” in that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it not STRANGE that civil service union HOGS and their LIE-beral enablers are CONVINCED that Ford govt spending reductions will cause pain and suffering....

Yet the same group of GREEDY HOGS REFUSE to recognize how much suffering their endless debts and job killing economic policies are causing!!!!!!!!!!

WE know that our kids are mighty distressed about jobs and work and money and worried about finding a decent place to live - so much so that LARGE NUMBERS of kids are showing signs of mental distress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the LIE-beral and HOG solution is TO DIG US EVEN DEEPER INTO THE deficit ridden mess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Before the election - Our idiot Boy Justin Trudope told us that all the “profits” from the Kinder Morgan pipeline will be used to plant millions of trees - yet now that the election is over - he is mumbling about the pipeline producing cash for UNSPECIFIED “green projects” - but of course the Quebece experience of using carbon tax SCAM gravy for green projects - indicates any Fossil Fuel generated tax cash will be used as a general LIE-beral Slush Fund!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But.........HOW MUCH profit can there be if he does not ever actually BUILD the pipeline??????????????????????????????

After the election - idiot Boy repeated that the pipeline would get built!! BUT HOW? LIE-berals are STILL NEGOTIATING with never satisfied native radicals!

Neither Greens nor NDPees want anything to do with a pipeline so there is no help there!! In addition - many LIE-beral party members are adamantly OPPOSED to the pipeline so Our idiot Boy would face opposition from WITHIN his own party!!

It looks like LIE-berals are going to play out the clock on Kinder Morgan and leave it to ROT while our paralyzed parliament squabbles and stalls!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kinder Morgan WILL PROBABLY BE an election issue in 2023!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In related news- WHERE will these millions of promised trees - paid for by the pipeline - be planted?????????????

Will they be in the middle of your kids public park soccer pitch????????????

At third base at the local baseball diamond?????????????????????

Will Our idiot Boy simply GIVE the trees to municipalities to plant along our streets - to duplicate the existing municipal program???????????????

How will we verify THAT ANY TREES were ever planted anywhere?????

Our idiot Boy has apparently long ago run out of logical talking points and is now just blurting stuff out in hope of saying something popular!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!