CDN Election 2019

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Cons might have the popular vote technically but it's not anywhere close to the 'good sign' that Cons are making it out to be. Truth is, they should be worried as hell about it.

We have to agree to disagree there, if the Cons. gain as much in both popular vote and # of seats next time as they did this time they would have a comfortable majority gov't.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Someone who claims to be ex-military and is just the sea Cadets like you is what we call Stolen Valour
Were you a Sea Cadet?

We used to call them "Guppy Puppies" and the older Petty Officers used to move up into the Naval Reserve when they aged out of Cadets. They would drop a rank or two ... a Chief Petty Officer in the Cadets would start, perhaps as a Killick (Leading Seaman). I was never a Cadet and frankly knew nothing about them until I was in the Service

My daughter DID go through Sea Cadets and did become a Chief Petty Officer. She also taught sailing to Cadets from all across the country. What has changed is that Cadets are no longer direct entries into the Navy. The connection between the Cadets and the Armed Forces in general is thinner now ... believe it or not because Canada is a signatory to a treaty against child soldiers!

Yikes!

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Someone who claims to be ex-military and is just the sea Cadets like you is what we call Stolen Valour
Were you a Sea Cadet?
We used to call them "Guppy Puppies" and the older Petty Officers used to move up into the Naval Reserve when they aged out of Cadets. They would drop a rank or two ... a Chief Petty Officer in the Cadets would start, perhaps as a Killick (Leading Seaman). I was never a Cadet and frankly knew nothing about them until I was in the Service
My daughter DID go through Sea Cadets and did become a Chief Petty Officer. She also taught sailing to Cadets from all across the country. What has changed is that Cadets are no longer direct entries into the Navy. The connection between the Cadets and the Armed Forces in general is thinner now ... believe it or not because Canada is a signatory to a treaty against child soldiers!
Yikes!

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Hey if a guy has a job that is necessary/useful why does it have to be f**king issue?
Well, useless trolls aren't worth a hell of a lot to the world.

I expect that Boomer knows how little he's worth and just trolls to make up for his shortcomings.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

I expect that Boomer knows how little he's worth and just trolls to make up for his shortcomings.

Why would you say such a thing about a long haul trucker? Without guys like Boomer the next time you go to the grocery stores the shelves might be empty. Smarten up and get educated about the simple facts of life, lest you end up like the Putz! :)

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Why would you say such a thing about a long haul trucker? Without guys like Boomer the next time you go to the grocery stores the shelves might be empty. Smarten up and get educated about the simple facts of life, lest you end up like the Putz! :)
I wonder what he smuggles as a side line?

He's clearly dishonest.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
We have to agree to disagree there, if the Cons. gain as much in both popular vote and # of seats next time as they did this time they would have a comfortable majority gov't.

If they gain the popular vote AND number of seats, of COURSE they'd have a majority.

I think you need to re-read what I said. Or maybe understand it, because you obviously didn't.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
If they gain the popular vote AND number of seats, of COURSE they'd have a majority.

I think you need to re-read what I said. Or maybe understand it, because you obviously didn't.
Here's what you said-

"Cons might have the popular vote technically but it's not anywhere close to the 'good sign' that Cons are making it out to be. Truth is, they should be worried as hell about it."

I still maintain picking up 22 seats and the popular vote is about as good as it gets with a new candidate. I don't understand the purpose of the word "technically" - might be better replaced with the words "in reality". I think I read it correctly, I still don't understand it!

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Here's what you said-

"Cons might have the popular vote technically but it's not anywhere close to the 'good sign' that Cons are making it out to be. Truth is, they should be worried as hell about it."

I still maintain picking up 22 seats and the popular vote is about as good as it gets with a new candidate. I don't understand the purpose of the word "technically" - might be better replaced with the words "in reality". I think I read it correctly, I still don't understand it!

Except I didn't mention seats what so ever. I only mentioned the popular vote and that if you look at the numbers, that they got the popular vote wouldn't be the great sign it is because they only led the Liberals by 250,000 roughly. Again, that's NOT a huge number and they should be more worried about it, since those numbers kept left, they didn't go right. If you compare 2015 to this years vote, it's almost like the Cons didn't gain any ground at all.

But of course if they picked up seats AND the popular vote, you said they'd have a majority government, and duh, of course they would.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Except I didn't mention seats what so ever. I only mentioned the popular vote and that if you look at the numbers, that they got the popular vote wouldn't be the great sign it is because they only led the Liberals by 250,000 roughly. Again, that's NOT a huge number and they should be more worried about it, since those numbers kept left, they didn't go right. If you compare 2015 to this years vote, it's almost like the Cons didn't gain any ground at all.

But of course if they picked up seats AND the popular vote, you said they'd have a majority government, and duh, of course they would.

So you really believe 250 grand isn't a huge #? I guess with that kind of thinking I DON'T have an argument.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

I'm beginning to wonder if Cannucklehead is a psychopath or is he just plain stupid!

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
So you really believe 250 grand isn't a huge #? I guess with that kind of thinking I DON'T have an argument.

Not when you look where the numbers lost to the Liberals went.

They still stayed left.

In 2015, the divide between the Liberals and Conservatives was 500,000.

So the Libs lost about half of the pop vote from 2015.

Conservatives didn't move much at all.

Again, how is that "good" for the Conservative party?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Not when you look where the numbers lost to the Liberals went.

They still stayed left.

In 2015, the divide between the Liberals and Conservatives was 500,000.

So the Libs lost about half of the pop vote from 2015.

Conservatives didn't move much at all.

Again, how is that "good" for the Conservative party?

It's very good for the Conservative party in that they moved AHEAD of the Liberals in the popular vote!

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
It's very good for the Conservative party in that they moved AHEAD of the Liberals in the popular vote!

You're not getting it, are you?

That they moved ahead of the Liberals doesn't matter squat. Why?

Because people STILL remained to the LEFT of the Conservatives.

If the Cons had gotten an increase in numbers to pull ahead of the Liberals, as you said, both in popular vote and in seats, they'd be in the majority, no question.

However.

They just BARELY pulled ahead of the Liberals in vote tally but lost in seats. If you look at the numbers between 2015's election, and this year, the Cons only increased their popular vote by half a million. The difference between what the Libs had in 2015 and what they lost this year, was over a million.

Meanwhile, the Bloc increased their numbers, and so did the Greens, by half a million EACH between 2015 and 2019.

Which in the end, makes UP for the losses the Liberals had, especially when you look at the separation of vote numbers between the Liberals and Conservatives being only 240,000.

The Cons had a disaster of an election when you look honestly at the numbers. To say anything else is being ignorant of what is going on, and the Cons have got to seriously get to work if they want to be viable in Canada as a party.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
You're not getting it, are you?
That they moved ahead of the Liberals doesn't matter squat. Why?
Because people STILL remained to the LEFT of the Conservatives.
If the Cons had gotten an increase in numbers to pull ahead of the Liberals, as you said, both in popular vote and in seats, they'd be in the majority, no question.
However.
They just BARELY pulled ahead of the Liberals in vote tally but lost in seats. If you look at the numbers between 2015's election, and this year, the Cons only increased their popular vote by half a million. The difference between what the Libs had in 2015 and what they lost this year, was over a million.
Meanwhile, the Bloc increased their numbers, and so did the Greens, by half a million EACH between 2015 and 2019.
Which in the end, makes UP for the losses the Liberals had, especially when you look at the separation of vote numbers between the Liberals and Conservatives being only 240,000.
The Cons had a disaster of an election when you look honestly at the numbers. To say anything else is being ignorant of what is going on, and the Cons have got to seriously get to work if they want to be viable in Canada as a party.
They are the Reform Party, again in all but name. There isn't a lot of hope of becoming a national party without a complete re-think of what Conservatism really means.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
They are the Reform Party, again in all but name. There isn't a lot of hope of becoming a national party without a complete re-think of what Conservatism really means.

Which makes me wonder when real, true Conservatives are gonna either take the party back, or reform the party.