CDN-Economy & Related Factors

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Would you say the same about Trump? Our coronavirus and Covid-19 rate is considerably higher than yours.
I was all for Trump invoking the emergency powers to force car makers to make ventilators.

Pretty much everyone was.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
This is a CRISIS. Situation very unusual. What you think of Trudeau , personally , is almost beside the point. He needs all the tools he can use to govern in this crisis.
Trouble is he ain't the sharpest tool in the shed. I don't believe he is competent to handle that kind of power. Even now he is giving borrowed money to other countries, and some of it isn't even covid19 related.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
And there it is, how to use the pandemic to further Climate change goals.
Climate, clean tech could take centre stage in federal economic recovery plans
Now we see why reducing the Carbon tax was not an option.
With any luck at all there will be an election before the destruction of Canada is complete.
OTH I am eligible for pension come september so I almost don't give a flying fukk what the current generation of retards do to the economy.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
With any luck at all there will be an election before the destruction of Canada is complete.
OTH I am eligible for pension come september so I almost don't give a flying fukk what the current generation of retards do to the economy.
You still must participate until you are in a home . The regular checks are great but inflation .

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

I'm a couple years off to be eligible for early retirement, if a large union project comes up I'd be tempted to quit my current gig and jump a machine to pad my pension and say phuck it too.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I'm a couple years off to be eligible for early retirement, if a large union project comes up I'd be tempted to quit my current gig and jump a machine to pad my pension and say phuck it too.
I will still do the odd union job for a few more years. Might even go to one of the big ones for a few months a year just to keep the benefits up since my wife has a few years to go yet.

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
WELL GOSH! After months of sitting home doing nothing while collecting full pay as neglected govt work piles up
our civil service union HOGS will suddenly find themselves back at work and being rushed off their feet by desperate LIE-berals
who NEED numbers crunched and digested YESTERDAY so they can craft a suitable spring 2021 budget!
Just THINK of all those T-4 slips piling up in Ottawa and only a handful of HOGS to handle all that paper!
And just think of the effort needed to keep track of who will be getting that $200 billion dollars in govt aid- with HOGS being under the
gun to adhere to a completely SCHIZOPHRENIC set of guidelines - meaning they must be generous to Cdns in need and must be
FRUGAL so there is NO WASTE of scarce govt resources AND they must be mindful of LIE-beral VOTE BUYING NEEDS - so that
LIE-beral PALS get the lions share of aid!
Then recall that Our idiot Boy FAILED in his power grab - meaning our Parliament will NOT be closed until December 2021
and HE WILL therefore have to produce a coherent budget to be voted on by the opposition parties in spring 2021!
With the fate of the LIE-beral minority govt hanging in the balance!
Just THINK of the MAD RUSH of number crunching and Fairy Tale story telling that LIE-berals are going to have to engage in
IF Our idiot Boy is going to retain his place on the political stage!
The political situation is so complex and confusing at this time that it will be GIVING HEAD ACHES to Conservatives!
Conservatives are going to have to wade through an IMMENSE pile of papers to seek out those critical facts that will be
MOST DAMAGING to Our idiot Boy!
And as we know from the comments of former Clerk of the Privy Council Michael Wernick - our civil service union HOGS
ARE HIGHLY PARTISAN! The BIG QUESTION here is will the HOGS line up blindly behind Our idiot Boy?
Or will the HOGS switch allegiance to the NDPees and Singh?
In related news - is it not a VALID COMMENTARY on the NDPee political position that NO CDN NEWS MEDIA
has bothered to ask for any sort of comment from Singh - either about the now forgotten rail blockades or anything about the
current Wuhan Pestilence problem!
Singh has become the forgotten man - hopelessly haunting the parking lot of our shut down Parliament!
And dreaming of the future day when somebody will put a camera in his face one more time!

You do like to talk a lot alright. But I am curious as to what you would do about all of this shit going on that you believe is so true after this nonsense is all over? What or how would you go about fixing up this bloody mess of an economy that your dear leader Turdeau and the lying media have done to this once great country? Well?

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Probably not. She has an irrational hatred for Trump and for some reason beyond comprehension loves the Prime Moron.
my criticism of Trump is not only rational...it is reasonable, logical and based on factual observation.

Ian neither overly fond or over critical of Trudeau........ but I am watching him evolve into a compassionate leader.He is being test as few are tested in that job.......so we will see how it all turns out. A stark contrast to the narcissist , selfish, self centered, unintelligent ,uninformed pompous and inept leader to the south of us.

Mind you.....to rabid Trump supporters ,he can do no wrong.........and THAT is irrational.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
my criticism of Trump is not only rational...it is reasonable, logical and based on factual observation.

Ian neither overly fond or over critical of Trudeau........ but I am watching him evolve into a compassionate leader.He is being test as few are tested in that job.......so we will see how it all turns out. A stark contrast to the narcissist , selfish, self centered, unintelligent ,uninformed pompous and inept leader to the south of us.

Mind you.....to rabid Trump supporters ,he can do no wrong.........and THAT is irrational.
A compassionate leader , lol . His act sure has you fooled . Where is his wife ? Why do you not know they are separated and the reasons why ? Why is he extending a fourteen day self isolation to over a month ? Why is Canada always last to take any action ? Why does he bow down to China ? Why are your grand children going to be destitute ?

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Would you say the same about Trump? Our coronavirus and Covid-19 rate is considerably higher than yours.
Different situation: When trump asserted that the virus was some democratic created hoax........he lost credibility. He has mismanaged it since then.......with the exception of one decision.....and that was to shut the travel from China .....into the US. He then went on to spoil that by continuously bragging about it.Trudeau not only took it seriously from the onset......he had to deal with his wife getting it....and making big decisions for the country. He also knows he is being tested and evaluated in very strict terms. We don't worship our PM the way the US does it POTUS...

Another big difference is that he is not surrounded by weak little yes men....... He surrounds himself with strong people and is receptive to their advice and wisdom. Trump believe he knows everything and considers advice an insult .

No one is saying that Trudeau is perfect or even close to it.......but he is willing to learn and adapt and change. ...and mature into a better leader as time goes on.Time will tell. as stated before..he is being tested in a way not seen in ages.

Last edited:

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
A compassionate leader , lol . His act sure has you fooled . Where is his wife ? Why do you not know they are separated and the reasons why ? Why is he extending a fourteen day self isolation to over a month ? Why is Canada always last to take any action ? Why does he bow down to China ? Why are your grand children going to be destitute ?

Psst, pgs, this:

"Good he is also Prime Minister of Canada. Who are you again? Oh ya I remember, a lonely voice on the internet crying for attention."

See how that works?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Different situation: When trump asserted that the virus was some democratic created hoax........he lost credibility. He has mismanaged it since then.......with the exception of one decision.....and that was to shut the travel from China .....into the US. He then went on to spoil that by continuously bragging about it.Trudeau not only took it seriously from the onset......he had to deal with his wife getting it....and making big decisions for the country. He also knows he is being tested and evaluated in very strict terms. We don't worship our PM the way the US does it POTUS...

Another big difference is that he is not surrounded by weak little yes men....... He surrounds himself with strong people and is receptive to their advice and wisdom. Trump believe he knows everything and considers advice an insult .

No one is saying that Trudeau is perfect or even close to it.......but he is willing to learn and adapt and change. ...and mature into a better leader as time goes on.Time will tell. as stated before..he is being tested in a way not seen in ages.
Wow , just wow .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
So you're saying you're not lonely but you are crying for attention. At least you can admit that much, it's refreshing.
Not really crying for attention either . Not posting on every thread like some here , and my every post is not critical of a foreign government . So there is somewhat of a difference.