Casey Anthony trial

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
The evidence that I heard left no doubt in my mind that she murdered her daughter ... nothing to do with guts. The theatrics did work with Baez being the most disruptive and unprofessional lawyer I've ever seen in action. I'm pretty sure he'll be facing some sanctions for the stunts he pulled.

OK......... WHAT EVIDENCE presented made you convinced that she murdered her little girl?? BEYOND REASONABLE doubt. (as in CONCLUSIVE hard evidence wothy of the death penalty.....)

and while at it.........would you address the MOTIVE, MEANS and OPPORTUNITY. (with logic ......not the spin or assumptions that have been made)

thanks.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
It's time for the US laws to change such that investigative information is kept out of the media until the time of trial (like most other countries) ... I think that will go a long way towards restoring justice in the country.

exellent point. and I hope that happens too. interesting that even some in the media are saying similar things.

.........there seems to be a realization of the bias the media plays in these events. Kind of makes "unbiased" reporting a giant giggle. Don't it??

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
OK......... WHAT EVIDENCE presented made you convinced that she murdered her little girl?? BEYOND REASONABLE doubt. (as in CONCLUSIVE hard evidence wothy of the death penalty.....)

and while at it.........would you address the MOTIVE, MEANS and OPPORTUNITY. (with logic ......not the spin or assumptions that have been made)

thanks.

Motive isn't required in US trials, so we can forget about that. Means - chloroform, duct tape. Opportunity - child murdered while with her mother. Theory that an accidental death was covered up to look like a murder is the most absurd argument there is, but it worked. Regarding death penalty, as a Canadian, I don't believe there is any justification for that sort of barbaric thing.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Who needed to be in the courtroom ... the entire trial was on CNN every day, as well as on various websites. Murdertainment at its best!

And THAT was the second biggest tragedy of the affair. The First being a lovely little toddler.

........seems that the media is spending too much time reading body language ..........when it should be dealing with the FACTUAL EVIDENCE.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Casey would have been convicted in most other countries.

......... with all this frenzie surrounding the verdict........wonder if someone who is dissed off will go on a shooting spree. It is very american for the public to take justice into their own guns and hands.

(and don't bother to deny that........as the examples are nauseatingly numerous )

There may be some truth is what your saying, the people trying to get to see the trial were insane, knocking each other over just to get a seat. Somebody might just be angry enough one way or another to do something. Didn't know there were so many avid court watchers out there.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
There may be some truth is what your saying, the people trying to get to see the trial were insane, knocking each other over just to get a seat. Somebody might just be angry enough one way or another to do something. Didn't know there were so many avid court watchers out there.

I think Ms Anthony will have to watch her back for a very long time. If someone decides to deliver their own form of justice, that person can just hire Baez and avoid prison.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Motive isn't required in US trials, so we can forget about that. Means - chloroform, duct tape. Opportunity - child murdered while with her mother. Theory that an accidental death was covered up to look like a murder is the most absurd argument there is, but it worked. Regarding death penalty, as a Canadian, I don't believe there is any justification for that sort of barbaric thing.

What does motive have to do with a murder? (random killing being a crime with no motive). This was not a random killing, but a well planned murder only problem was proof of who did it. The prosecutors did not do their job and rushed the convening of the trial.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Maybe after Amanda Knox gets off by alleging that there could have been contamination in the lab during DNA testing, she and Anthony can get their own TV show promoting trial tricks that result in a get out of jail free card.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
AND THAT IS THE SADDEST THING OF ALL. A persons life put on trial for the world to act like judge , jury and executioner.

Maybe the system in the US works sometimes............BUT the theatre via the media that is part of the "US system" now..... is a true negative. Big time.

this circus was not necessary. and should never be part of the legal proceedings.

Yet you have submitted post after post about this. Do tell us how you found out all your information on the trial?

You were engulfed in the same thing that you claim to loathe so much. More hypocricy.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
I think Ms Anthony will have to watch her back for a very long time. If someone decides to deliver their own form of justice, that person can just hire Baez and avoid prison.

LOL..........and THAT dear fellow forum members is what the US "justice system" is all about. It would be hilarious if it were not so tragic.

Of course the lynch mob mentality will support the assassin. as well.

( I see Nancy Grace on CNN at the moment. That gal should be in theater. ...... as her acting talents are lost in what she does.)

......... Aren't these legal types supposed to stay away from drawing conclusions based on emotions??? Reason and logic has flown out the window. Enter Legal SOAP OPERA. (and this trial was just that. including sexual molestation charges and infidelity charges.

what a show.

( just heard that one of the Jurors was leaving on a cruise on the 7th July......... Hmm. Some are "speculating that this was part of the "speedy" verdict. )

What does motive have to do with a murder? (random killing being a crime with no motive). This was not a random killing, but a well planned murder only problem was proof of who did it. The prosecutors did not do their job and rushed the convening of the trial.

The implication was that this was PRE-MEDITATED. Murder. and yes, MOTIVE is important. There is no such thing as motiveless killilng. Even the insane have their insane Motives. I know of a person who killed his entire family because Jesus told him to. The motive was to obey his 'Jesus".

Random killings. You mean when some one goes on a shooting spree??? There is always a reason for it......even if the reason does not make sane / logical sense. Rage, uncontrolled due to something is also a motive.

There ya go:: All that was missing is PROOF OF WHO DID IT. So how can you say that the verdict was wrong when as you say.....even the WHO is not clear. Was her cop daddy part of it.?? I would venture he was part of the cover up even if it were by default of exposing her to evidence concealing tactics as he would know due to his job. Again.....that is an OPINION....

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
LOL..........and THAT dear fellow forum members is what the US "justice system" is all about. It would be hilarious if it were not so tragic.

Of course the lynch mob mentality will support the assassin. as well.

( I see Nancy Grace on CNN at the moment. That gal should be in theater. ...... as her acting talents are lost in what she does.)

......... Aren't these legal types supposed to stay away from drawing conclusions based on emotions??? Reason and logic has flown out the window. Enter Legal SOAP OPERA. (and this trial was just that. including sexual molestation charges and infidelity charges.

what a show.

( just heard that one of the Jurors was leaving on a cruise on the 7th July......... Hmm. Some are "speculating that this was part of the "speedy" verdict. )

Yup... there you are... STILL fully engrossed in the US MEDIA CIRCUS you have lambasted. More hypocricy.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Maybe after Amanda Knox gets off by alleging that there could have been contamination in the lab during DNA testing, she and Anthony can get their own TV show promoting trial tricks that result in a get out of jail free card.

that is not all that far fetched. It is close to what happens....the book and book tour comes first to fund the "reality" TV . They both have all the publicity necessary as the ground work for it. .

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
that is not all that far fetched. It is close to what happens....the book and book tour comes first to fund the "reality" TV . They both have all the publicity necessary as the ground work for it. .

Most likely you will watch it and read her book.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
What is this "American Way, What did you expect???", there was no other verdict possible based upon the facts. Casey was not found guilty of murder as you said "Two critical factors need to be remembered. We cannot ever let go of the reasonable doubt." She was guilty of not telling police officers and investigators the truth, and that was all that could be proved. The prosecutor went into this trial with insufficient evidence, only emotion and now Casey walks away. This trial only proved that the American way works and yes not guilty does not mean "innocent".

That is the tragedy of this case.

I thought the child's name was Caylee, anyway.........I agree ironsides. I am wondering if the state didn't make a mistake in charging the mother with the wrong crime? I heard absolutely nothing to make me think that Casey actually murdered the child - i.e. strangled, poisoned, etc - what I did hear was that this was a very negligent parent in which case isn't there a charge of negligent homicide that might better have fit the circumstances?

The jury came back with the only verdict they could given the evidence or lack thereof, before them.

Gaia bless and keep this precious child.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Casey Anthony (along with and at the advise of her attorneys) was savvy enough to follow the age-old advice: If you are innocent, choose a trial with judge, if you are guilty, choose trial with jury.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
the other thing mssing is a genuine MOTIVE for murder. There is lots of suppositio about her wanting a party girl life style. (the latter is probably true.........but she managed to maintain her party life style for TWO yrs. She is probably guilty of being a lousy parent. But the grandparents picked up the slack of parenting. All the videos shown of Caylee do NOT show an abused or neglected child. She looks talkative, happy and normal for her age.

Out of the mouths of babes - the only supposition for motive that gave me pause. Caycee was beginning to talk more and the mother had many secrets to hide.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Have Nancy Grace on at the moment. (and will turn if off immediately)......as for a legal prosecutor and supposed professional....... she is so biased , inflamatory, and does not even allow others to state their opinions .

The media could do itself a favor by moving her show OFF prime time as her lynch mob mentality does no one any good.

She Like many who are reacting to the verdict..........do not want justice. they want REVENGE.

In actual fact.........today true justice was done. Insufficient hard evidence to convict her of the crime , let alone present it in a death penalty case.

The original premise was wrong. as per hindsite: it should never have been a death penalty case. There was never enough real hard evidence to justify that.

The radical/ emotinal public response to this verdict shows how much the media inflamed the public ........Nancy Grace being the biggest offender.

The only ideas she is interested in are her own.....and only voice she wants to hear is hers. She alone gives the US "justice " system a bad image.

Out of the mouths of babes - the only supposition for motive that gave me pause. Caycee was beginning to talk more and the mother had many secrets to hide.

now that is an interesting possibility. Plus as she was growing older, she would be requiring even more time with activities and pre school. ( that requires active involvement of the parents ).... so the demands on her time would be greater.

as it stands....... it is the grandparents that brought her up to the age she lived to. Casey...posed for the home videos but presented an indifferent attitude.

Even with the above.........not enough PROOF / EVIDENCE that she did it. What I would like to know is what he daddy knows. Being a cop.........his knowledge could have been helpful.

Casey is such a manipulator and liar ..........that even if she admitted to killing her little girl........ not sure one could believe her as each item out of her mouth is suspect and has some self centred motive behind it

WHat I have a hard time wrapping my head around is the long delay before reporting her missing. To me , THAT is the biggest red flag What a load of lies she must have told to explain Caylee's absence.

I thought the child's name was Caylee, anyway.........I agree ironsides. I am wondering if the state didn't make a mistake in charging the mother with the wrong crime? I heard absolutely nothing to make me think that Casey actually murdered the child - i.e. strangled, poisoned, etc - what I did hear was that this was a very negligent parent in which case isn't there a charge of negligent homicide that might better have fit the circumstances?

The jury came back with the only verdict they could given the evidence or lack thereof, before them.

Gaia bless and keep this precious child.

exellent point. They ASSUMED the method of demise. . No real adequate explantion for the duct tape. But the heart sticker .....makes my skin crawl.......at the callousness of it. It almost makes one think of a "burial RITUAL " of some kind.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
What a joke. Apparently you can get away with murder if you can sucker a jury with unreasonable doubt.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Have Nancy Grace on at the moment. (and will turn if off immediately)......as for a legal prosecutor and supposed professional....... she is so biased , inflamatory, and does not even allow others to state their opinions .

The media could do itself a favor by moving her show OFF prime time as her lynch mob mentality does no one any good.

Still glued to all that good Yank media eh?