Casey Anthony trial

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
I've heard plenty of prosecutors joke about it being more fun to convict the innocent, but it's nothing more than a joke. There is plenty of hard evidence connecting Casey to the murder of her daughter, starting with the fact that her car smelled like a dead body had been in the car. If Casey, who continued to use the "dead body" car after the smell was noticed by friends, was not responsible for putting her daughter in the trunk of her car, then who?

spirit1st

Feb 4, 2008
There is no hard evidence,That she killed anyone! They could have her guilty of not being a good mother or even covering up?
But in the courts today, they could find her guilty!
She just appears a dumb girl too me! The Daughter was the only thing she had going for her! Once her family knew the little girl was gone? I doubt they would help her any! More than likely turn against her! I am guessing that is the reason she tried to cover it up? feel very sorry for her! She had no life , the only good thing in her who;e life time was the Child! We All see things differently , I find that OK !

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
No mother would ever cover up a daughter's accidental death. She would call 911 in hysterics about 4 seconds after discovering the body, no matter how dysfunctional her family is (or isn't). The defense is using all sorts of nonsensical tactics. They keep asking questions as if the brother or dad might be the father (as if that would make any difference anyway) but they know full well that neither is. I hope they fry the wench.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
The delay in Saturday proceedings suggests something fairly significant is in the works. Is George ready to take the stand and take the fall for this? It sure seems like the family is doing everything it can to get Casey free. No matter how the case is looked upon it's coming down to whether she killed her daughter or believing her version of events where she alleges George found the drowned body and covered up the accident. She's a pathological liar so getting George to say that might be the only defense. She has put him into quite a pickle. First degree manipulation.

Yet, what still won't add up is why. What possible motive could there be for an ex-Cop to hide an accident, place a body in the woods close to his home and then have investigators think his daughter murdered his granddaughter? You don't have to be an ex-Cop (like George) to know that the body will be found and the inevitable circumstances are far worse than calling 911 to report a drowning accident. He isn't the father (proven already), and even if he was that wouldn't stop him from calling to get help for the dying child. And it sure the hell wouldn't stop a mother from doing anything possible to get immediate help.

If George plans to take the fall it would again be one of those non-disclosed discovery moments. Perhaps the prosecution is interviewing him again.

If this is where it's going the prosecution will have a field day with him on the stand.

spirit1st

Feb 4, 2008
People do nutty things all the time! Lady here mother died! and she let her rot in her bed! No one knew this ladies mother died for a year or more!
Casey knew if her daughter was out of the picture, They would no longer help her and turn against her! Casey mother loved the little girl more than Her!
I saw the guys girl friend and heard her on T.V. tell that the man told her the little girl did die in the pool!
That woman had nothing to do with these people , except she was the step dads girl friend! I doubt very much she has any reason to lie about anything! She is the one person in these case we could believe ! She has not been on the stand yet? I wondering if it All about her now? They might just stop the trial if She is believed!
That would mean they would Stop it now? She already told it on CNN NEWS the other day! But if it True? Then it might open up two more cases! One against the step DAD and a new one against Casey?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
The woman's story likely doesn't say George said he found the dead body and hid it. There are all liars, the entire family. Cindy and George were saying anything to defend their daughter, and likely using the story Casey got from her jailhouse mate.

Casey used an elaborate set of lies, for what, to attempt to keep the police away from finding an accident? Her actions alone are completely nonsensical. The evidence against her is better than the evidence that linked Scott Peterson to his wife's death. Hell, even he reported his wife missing.

spirit1st

Feb 4, 2008
Not talking about the mother! It was another lady . No relation to any of this messed up family! She the one who was to go to court and has not been on the stand yet! she the one i am guessing as stop it all? She was not going to say the guy hid the body! She was going to say ? He told her the little girl got into the pool by her self and died there!
It appears , you did not hear her on the news a while back?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Neither am I. Casey and Baez had concocted a defense that said she drowned. What else is George expected to tell others, that his daughter is a murderer?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Did they ever recover the body?
Yes, a quarter mile from the home. The place where George apparently hid the accidental drowning of his granddaughter so it wouldn't look so bad.

Or was it where Zanny the Nanny dropped her off? It's impossible to put the lies into a straight story.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Was cause of death drowning?
Homocide. Likely chlorofom (evidence found in her car and 84 internet searches relating to it, along with other searches for ways to kill). Duct tape wrapped around the mouth and nose. Asphyxiation. Body left in swamp land so difficult to pinpoint exact cause, but Mom lead Cops to fictitious kidnapping suspects.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The defense is pulling out all the stunts to make it into an OJ-type trial, so anything is possible with a jury.
It's funny how some will do anything to save their own lives from lethal injection but a real parent will give their life for their child.

spirit1st

Feb 4, 2008
ORLANDO, Fla (Reuters) – The judge hearing the first-degree murder case of Casey Anthony in Orlando, Florida ruled on Monday that she is competent to continue standing trial.
The high-profile trial ended in an abrupt recess early Saturday for an unspecified legal issue. Jurors did not hear any testimony.
Proceedings were delayed again on Monday. After Judge Belvin Perry and attorneys emerged from a private conference, the judge said the defense team had filed a motion seeking to have 25-year-old Casey evaluated to determine whether she is competent to proceed with the trial.
Perry said he appointed three experts to examine Casey over the weekend.
Based on their reports, Perry found Casey is competent to proceed.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
It's funny how some will do anything to save their own lives from lethal injection but a real parent will give their life for their child.

In my opinion her daughter was an inconvenience to her. A barrier to her social life that she saw all of her childless, 20-something friends enjoying. A million families would have taken that little girl in.

spirit1st

Feb 4, 2008
We just have to disagree! We see things differently! It really amazing how we all see things so much different at times!