Canadians Are Officially Sick And Tired Of Justin Trudeau

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
In Homer's poem , The Illiad, we wrote, "For once deceiv'd, was his; but twice were mine." These days, it is usually quoted as, "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me."

Will Canadian voters be fooled a second time?
---

Canadians Are Officially Sick And Tired Of Justin Trudeau
Poll shows a new low for the PM!
- Riley James

Oh, Justin - it appears that times up on your shenanigans!

Canadian PM Justin Trudeau has hit an all new low with the Canadian population.

The recent venture over to India has caused more problems for the PM than it has achieved anything big.

Lots of people are talking about Canada's new peacekeeping mission to Mali, but many people are giving the point of this a second thought, and it all comes back to the laughable journey to India.

A new poll has been released this week, and the results are not great.

Justin Trudeau's disapproval rating across Canada has jumped above the 50% mark for the first time, ever, since the 2015 election.

The latest survey, done by The Angus Reid Institute was released yesterday and found that Trudeau's recent trip to India has been a factor in the loss of approving citizens. The increasing worry over government spending isn't helping him, either.

The approval rating gap between the Liberal and Conservative Parties is now so wide that the Conservatives feel that the Tories has a shot at winning a majority government at our next federal election.

If there was an election tomorrow, and thank goodness there isn't, 40% of those who were decided or leaning voters would back the Tories.

https://www.mtlblog.com/news/canadians-are-officially-sick-and-tired-of-justin-trudeau

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
The problem for Trudeau is he did attract a number of socially progressive conservatives to him. As well as the standard dyed-in-the-wool liberals. He's pretty much lost the socially progressive conservatives by this point and I'm finding quite a number of "classic" liberals are looking to put their vote elsewhere as well come next election.

If by some strange chance Trudeau does win the next election it'll likely be with a bare minority govt.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
you know I was just thinking what we really need is one more Justin Trudeau thread.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Does that anger you, sweetie? And you put me on ignore too! I knew that you have to read my threads. You cannot help yourself. :lol:

It's a beautiful day. Go out and play with your friends.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Conservative be like... We miss our fearless leader:

Don't worry, you have Lego Man light now. He will save you from those nasty Liberals.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Conservative be like... We miss our fearless leader:

Don't worry, you have Lego Man light now. He will save you from those nasty Liberals.

The end of the month is always better for you Cliffy. When your cheque comes in, you can buy a couple of weeks worth of drugs. It mellows you right out. You can be a real potty mouth the last week before you get your money. :lol:

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
Some of the older folks i work with tell me that at the time they were tired of Harper and wanted a change.

The majority of those people now regret their decision from what i'm hearing.

They could have just voted for the most trustworthy and competent local candidate. I've voted, Federally and Provincially, for NDP, Green, Progressive-Conservative, and Libertarian candidates. None that I've ever voted for ever won though.

That I've never voted for a Liberal or Conservative candidate has nothing to do with the inferiority of their respective parties. It just has to do with the fact that in my particular riding, there was always a better candidate up to this point. Once you start to vote for the best candidate, you'd end up with stronger MPs that the party couldn't whip into a vote so easily, candidates who wouldn't be afraid to leave the party and sit as an independent the moment the party leader tries to whip his vote, etc.

In the end, we have none to blame but ourselves. Also, I never ever vote strategically. I've sometimes voted for the best candidate even when I knew he stood no chance of winning. Why? because I don't want to encourage parties to aim to be the second worst party so they can rack up the strategic votes against the worst. If we vote strategically, we'll always end up with the second-worst party. Is that really what we want as a society? I don't vote for my candidate to win. I vote for a candidate because he deserves my vote. I've also cast a blank ballot on occasion too.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
I
Canadian PM Justin Trudeau has hit an all new low with the Canadian population.

The recent venture over to India has caused more problems for the PM than it has achieved anything big.

Interesting that an ardent feminist would be losing the female vote. That is quite an accomplishment in and of itself.

... Anywho, Justine has lots of time left to make an even bigger fool of himself and the liberal party.

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
I don't blame Trudeau entirely though. The other MPs in his party do have the option of sitting as independents. That's a decision an MP is always free to make. Also, the Prime Minister gets only one vote in Parliament. No law binds an MP to vote for his party. The electorate is at fault for electing such spineless MPs.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Had the Conservatives stuck to being fiscally conservative and told the social conservatives to STFU, we wouldn't be stuck with Trudeau now.

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
Had the Conservatives stuck to being fiscally conservative and told the social conservatives to STFU, we wouldn't be stuck with Trudeau now.

Then vote libertarian... though they sometimes propose excessive tax cuts come hell or high waters.

Scott Reid is a good MP:

Scott Reid M.P.

Though he is a member of the Conservative Party, he is known for voting against his party often enough, especially when it involves infringing on people's civic liberties. He showed this a few times under Harper and that's why he'll always be a backbencher: he's not as loyal to the party line as most MPs are. Parliament needs more PMs like him.

André Arthur was another example in the last Parliament. He tended to vote with the Conservative Party, but was still an independent more libertarian-leaning MP. He ran as an independent and won too but he lost in the last election. As an independent, he could vote for the government's more libertarian-leaning policies but not Harper's security bills. More MPs like him help to keep the government in check.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Then vote libertarian...

...or tell the social conservatives that they need to accept left leaning governments if they are going to alienate 80% of the population with their fiscal irresponsibility and socially conservative agenda. If Canadians have a choice between two fiscally irresponsible parties they will choose the socially liberal one most of the time.