Canadian linked to anti-Muslim film asks for police protection

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Why does there have to be an increase in studity and stupid offensive things said? A huge part of our law is something known as intent.

What is stupid is standing by someone who knowingly did/said something stupid and abuses his rights and ours to express ourselves.

I don't dig rights abusers.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Why does there have to be an increase in studity and stupid offensive things said? A huge part of our law is something known as intent.

What is stupid is standing by someone who knowingly did/said something stupid and abuses his rights and ours to express ourselves.

I don't dig rights abusers.

Guess you have no great love for human rights tribunals either than.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
No he does not have FREE SPEECH in Canada.. that's the USA. Canada is more about Responsible Speech..

Hate speech laws in Canada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Charter of rights:

2. Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms:
(a) freedom of conscience and religion;(b) freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication;(c) freedom of peaceful assembly; and(d) freedom of association.

Seems pretty clear to me.

Someday we will have SCOC justices that can read.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Yes, you can think what you want to think, and express those thoughts by speaking.

It's a hard concept for some to grasp.
Or by pen, skywriting, semaphor,...but which part backs your content or your intent?

Remember that hard hat guy. What was he charged with and tried for?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
What's funny is,the goomers that are against your statemant are the ones that I would have expected to make it...
That's because you aren't very bright.

It's also no surprise that you lovingly support our failed Human Rights tribunal with every dime you can scrape up.
The difference between your comment and mine is, mine is true.

There is no real surprise about that.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Or by pen, skywriting, semaphor,...but which part backs your content or your intent?

Remember that hard hat guy. What was he charged with and tried for?

Upsetting the established rules on Jewish victimization, although it was called something else.

When you think about it, it's a sad commentary that it's illegal to disagree with history.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Charter of rights:
2. Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms:
(a)
freedom of conscience and religion;(b) freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication;(c) freedom of peaceful assembly; and(d) freedom of association.

Seems pretty clear to me.

Someday we will have SCOC justices that can read.

I understand your point.. we are suppose to have Free Speech in Canada.. however, do we?

Now let me introduce you to the HRC

Tribunal awards Lorna Pardy $22,000 for discrimination at Vancouver comedy show | Vancouver, Canada | Straight.com

Muslim students file rights complaints over Maclean's article - Arts & Entertainment - CBC News

...and so on.. (there is your Freedom of Speech in Canada) enjoy.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Upsetting the established rules on Jewish victimization, although it was called something else.

When you think about it, it's a sad commentary that it's illegal to disagree with history.

Science has shown we are all the same- Yet white racists- Aryan Nation etc racists believe that Non Whites are limited in intelligence to start with. So we have laws and penalties covering hate speech and crimes committed when based upon a person’s race, orientation etc.
So why would Holocaust denial be any different.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
You really hate free speech eh?

You and Flossy should pool your resources and have free speech and freedom of the press overturned completely.

Really, where did I say I hate Free Speech..

I said in Canada we don't have the same Free Speech as they do in the United States.. As Colpy was arguing the man living in Canada had his right to Free Speech.

In Canada it's Responsible Speech and the HRC keeps those folks in check.

Personally, I prefer the First Amendment of the US Constitution..

Try not putting words in my mouth to suit your silly agenda.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
You don't have to say "I hate free speech" to tell everybody you hate free speech, lol.

I said in Canada we don't have the same Free Speech as they do in the United States.. As Colpy was arguing the man living in Canada had his right to Free Speech.
He does.

Thankfully, they're losing power.

No you don't...

There is NO FREEDOM OF SPEECH, there is Responsible Speech..

So he is legally liable for his actions and should be arrested.
That's not the First Amendment, lol.

Everything you have said is an affront to freedom of speech.

Just your own, lol.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

The right to "free expression" has no "responsible" in front of it.

We need to expunge blasphemy laws (yes, I guess they exist in Canada), hate speech laws, HRCs and especially escape clauses in the bill of rights and judges that can't read.

Best comment yet:

In praise of blasphemy | Full Comment | National Post

[/FONT]