Canada's New Governor General Designate

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
You might want to get the full story before shooting your face off. I think like with most disputes there's right and wrong on both sides. The treatment they were subjected to in the residential schools was MOSTLY wrong!
What happened in some residential schools was without doubt horrific, JLM. That said, the fact that children were ill-treated has been known for decades now. You would have to have lived under a rock not to have heard at least one report about the schools if not dozens. The locations of the grave sites in the news has been known since at least 2015 when the TRC report was released and longer according to what some FN communities are now saying. There are no 'new' discoveries.
That said, it is interesting to see how the various bands are handling the situation. In Kamloops where the first story broke, the band has decided to look beyond their grief and reach out to help others. This is what reconciliation can look like.

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
"I believe that the Native Indians of today are trying to make a big deal out of this residential school thing to try and gain more sympathy and get more tax dollars from the taxpayer's wallets." If your relatives/ancestors wound up dead, you'd likely be making "a big deal" out of it too, there, Einstein!

My ancestors are dead and I am willing to leave it at that. I am not going to whine and cry about something that happened to my ancestors centuries ago. The Indians are trying to make a fast buck here by trying to get old whitey to give into their constant crazy and stupid demands. Get it thru your thick brain dead skull liberal that I had nothing to do with what happened in the past. These Indians are trying to extort the rest of Canada for money and sympathy. In all honesty they could careless about what happened in the past. Why would they? They were not alive then. They have received billions of tax dollars from old whitey for decades now and they are still not satisfied. I say screw them all. Go get a job and shut the F up. Works for me. (y)

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
My ancestors are dead and I am willing to leave it at that. I am not going to whine and cry about something that happened to my ancestors centuries ago. The Indians are trying to make a fast buck here by trying to get old whitey to give into their constant crazy and stupid demands. Get it thru your thick brain dead skull liberal that I had nothing to do with what happened in the past. These Indians are trying to extort the rest of Canada for money and sympathy. In all honesty they could careless about what happened in the past. Why would they? They were not alive then. They have received billions of tax dollars from old whitey for decades now and they are still not satisfied. I say screw them all. Go get a job and shut the F up. Works for me. (y)

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
We gave $10.5 million to a foreign terrorist that was jailed for being a terrorist, because his widdle feelings were hurt. How much do you recon someone whose family hasn't moved 200 miles in 2 centuries should be worth?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
" I am not going to whine and cry about something that happened to my ancestors centuries ago" Wrong, dead wrong! It started centuries ago but is still prevalent today. Just this morning while walking the dog a guy slagged the Indians out the blue with a remark to the effect that they should do something "for a change" People should smarten up. There's good and bad in every race and the man is no exception!

Reactions: taxslave

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
"I believe that the Native Indians of today are trying to make a big deal out of this residential school thing to try and gain more sympathy and get more tax dollars from the taxpayer's wallets." If your relatives/ancestors wound up dead, you'd likely be making "a big deal" out of it too, there, Einstein!
They 'wound up dead' a very long time ago, JLM. Almost from the beginning I've believed the 'discoveries' which weren't, were timed specifically for Canada Day to gain as much attention as possible. As I mentioned before there is nothing 'new' about the grave sites. Taxme makes a very good point about the announcements were an attempt to gain sympathy. It worked for awhile but the media, as usual, bombarded Canadians with so many articles that did nothing but repeat what was already known that any 'new' announcements barely ripple the surface.
No surprise to hear that the new GG designate will pursue the matter and it will be all about money.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
" I am not going to whine and cry about something that happened to my ancestors centuries ago" Wrong, dead wrong! It started centuries ago but is still prevalent today. Just this morning while walking the dog a guy slagged the Indians out the blue with a remark to the effect that they should do something "for a change" People should smarten up. There's good and bad in every race and the man is no exception!
There are some people that move forward and there are some people who are forever looking back. Who do you think are the ones that actually accomplish something, JLM? Not all First Nations people are whingers and complainers. We just never hear enough from the ones that are leading good productive lives.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Our local reserve is another fine example of people getting on with their lives and leaving the 'activism' to those who 'feel' the need to milk as much from Canada as they can. The Canim Lake Band has over 70% employment. They have a small medical clinic that is open to anyone in need. Now, during the fires and even though they too are under evac alert, they have reached out to anyone in need with help in anyway they can. They also have a first rate Fired Department that has been active in fighting all the local fires. I get where you are coming from taxme but tarnishing an entire portion of our citizenry with the same brush is simply wrong.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
There are some people that move forward and there are some people who are forever looking back. Who do you think are the ones that actually accomplish something, JLM? Not all First Nations people are whingers and complainers. We just never hear enough from the ones that are leading good productive lives.
Pay attention to Clarence Louis of the Osoyoos Indian Band.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
My grandmother was a native, which means my mother was half native. she was born in Ottawa and went to school there.
Later she taught school at a reserve north of Ottawa which is where my father, a lumberjack there met her and married her before they moved to northern Ontario
She relayed to us the horrors of scarlet fever that killed a lot of her students...

Until the results of the autopsy's come out we shouldn't be to quick to pass judgement on those schools

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
She is just another liberal hack who will be sucking off the white people's tax dollars to try and piss white people off even more and to try and make white people feel guilty for being alive. What happened in the past cannot be undone. The white people in this country have done enough to help pay thru their tax dollars for the sins of what other what people had done in the past. It needs to stop now.

The way things are going on these days towards white people with all what appears to be the promotion of hatred to towards white people in general needs to stop now. I for one am getting tired of all of this anti-white bull shit going on in Canada but around the world. As an old black preacher once said " don't make the white man angry". I am but one white man that is starting to get angry and believe me I am not alone. This hate old whitey nonsense needs to stop now. Just my personal opinion.
I propose that First Nations be barred from Victoria’s Secret as silky underwear was never part of the wardrobe . But that is just me .

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
One man's opinion. We all should have a right to our own opinions. The Indians need to stop whining and do something for a change. All this reparations nonsense is just another way of trying to suck more tax dollars from old whitey and more sympathy. This is all just more anti-white propaganda being hoisted on the white innocent people of today who had nothing to do with what happened in the past. There is nothing that can be done about the past. It's history and someone needs to tell the Indians to shut the hell up and get on with life like the rest of we the white folk are trying to do today.

One has to wonder as to who really was/is doing all the murdering of all of those Indian women? Was it old whitey or was it the Indians themselves that did all the killing? If it were the Indians than we know for a fact that this would never become front page news. The lying Canadian media would cover that up very quickly. Just my opinion of course. (y)

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
One man's opinion. We all should have a right to our own opinions. The Indians need to stop whining and do something for a change. All this reparations nonsense is just another way of trying to suck more tax dollars from old whitey and more sympathy. This is all just more anti-white propaganda being hoisted on the white innocent people of today who had nothing to do with what happened in the past. There is nothing that can be done about the past. It's history and someone needs to tell the Indians to shut the hell up and get on with life like the rest of we the white folk are trying to do today.

One has to wonder as to who really was/is doing all the murdering of all of those Indian women? Was it old whitey or was it the Indians themselves that did all the killing? If it were the Indians than we know for a fact that this would never become front page news. The lying Canadian media would cover that up very quickly. Just my opinion of course. (y)
Just because some members whine is that a reason to slag the entire race? :)

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
We gave $10.5 million to a foreign terrorist that was jailed for being a terrorist, because his widdle feelings were hurt. How much do you recon someone whose family hasn't moved 200 miles in 2 centuries should be worth?
Haven't heard from Omar in a while. Wonder how he is doing?

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020
The past is just a distraction for the failure of the present and something to occupy the time of well paid bureaucrats. Governments of today are making just as many blunders as those of the past.

Similar to prison guards needing prisoners to be able to do their job.

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020

The bureaucrats are more in love with the system than the so called beneficiaries. They would hate for anyone to move on and not require them to consult and hold meetings. The only use of the indigenous people is to justify the cause and purpose for their work. After that it is all about the jobs. Nobody working late on a Friday in that department.

75% of project funding never sees the job site. That's "white people" looking after things they know nothing about.

4 tasks of management are to plan and Canada has great planners. Organizing they are not so good at. Leading and Controlling they have no clue because they have never lead or controlled anything in their lives. They consider themselves born leaders who require no experience.

Watch season 3 of the Soprano's. Same story line.