Calgary Humane Society Investigating Two Deaths

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Calgary Humane Society investigating two cases of animal abuse | CTV Calgary News

In a gruesome display of animal cruelty, Calgary SPCA has discovered the remains of both a cat, and a husky, with their mouths taped shut and their paws bound. Both animals were clearly left like this until they succumbed to starvation, and were then discarded.

They are seeking the public's assistance in identifying the person or persons responsible for this.

Open and follow the link at your own discretion, as pictures of the animals are contained within.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
When the majority of people get bent out of shape for the 64,000+ babies killed in Canada every year, I'll start getting bent out of shape for animals being killed. Untill then, it's low on my priority list.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
When the majority of people get bent out of shape for the 64,000+ babies killed in Canada every year, I'll start getting bent out of shape for animals being killed. Untill then, it's low on my priority list.

I think it's a stretch to go from abortion to slow and cruel starvation. My comparison would be that I don't believe in 'no kill' shelters. if humans need to be put down for convenience and monetary sake, dogs and cats sure as hell aren't immune. But nothing needs to be killed this cruelly. Nothing. No matter how much of a grudge you have about some other aspect of life.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
A bit more than a stretch, out of those 64,000 how many are being saved from a life of abuse by their own parents? Does that really mean you don't care about that dog and cat, that is the way I take it and it doesn't impress me as being any more moral that the one who had the tape.

What does a person that does this sort of thing think about as they retire for the night I wonder?
I'll wager it doesn't start with, 'Now I lay me down to sleep, ...'

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Yet it's ok for your god to kill billions in a variety of ways, some of those ways being pretty damned cruel, and then allow humans to kill other humans. I don't see your complaint as being very rational.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
God undoes deaths in the minds of people too scared to realize they're as insignificant as the grass they cut every summer. The soul is something else....

Anyone cruel enough to disrespect the lives of God's creatures ain't gonna get there anyhow.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Calgary Humane Society investigating two cases of animal abuse | CTV Calgary News

In a gruesome display of animal cruelty, Calgary SPCA has discovered the remains of both a cat, and a husky, with their mouths taped shut and their paws bound. Both animals were clearly left like this until they succumbed to starvation, and were then discarded.

They are seeking the public's assistance in identifying the person or persons responsible for this.

Open and follow the link at your own discretion, as pictures of the animals are contained within.
I am not going to open the link. Many thanks for the warning. All of us are called to heal the earth...ALL of the earth, and we are each called in various ways according to the gifts given. Very sad.

People who perform such acts either have a mental illness or have suffered such horrendous abuse themselves that they have become desensitized to 'suffering'. While the perpetration of such violence inspires rage in me, the other part knows such individuals are missing parts which make them human and they lack the ability to empathize.

There are individuals on this forum who lack the ability to empathize so it's no surprise that such evil exists.

They are no longer human.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
God undoes deaths in the minds of people too scared to realize they're as insignificant as the grass they cut every summer. The soul is something else....

Anyone cruel enough to disrespect the lives of God's creatures ain't gonna get there anyhow.
Actually they do and they go for some extra training that is why they are at the very back of the line. Guess who gets to take care of the cat and dog for eternity? If you guessed the one who killed them you are probably correct if they were not loved by somebody else before that and in this case that seems unlikely.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
They are no longer human.

That might be justification as to binding and taping shut the mouths of the monsters that did this to that poor dog and cat.

A short side note: A few years back, some sick fukk here in Calgary was caught (and convicted) of abusing and torturing his girlfriends kitten... Poor little thing took quite a beating, but did survive I am happy to report.

On the other side of the coin, buddy's name and picture was published and I heard from a few different sources that he suffered a number of sh*t kickings in different bars when some guys recognized who he was.

I just hope that they find, and publish the name(s) of the d-bag that did this... I'd happily invest in a Louisville Slugger (only to play weekend beer league you understand, not to knee-cap or beat some sense into anyone - never that)

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
That might be justification as to binding and taping shut the mouths of the monsters that did this to that poor dog and cat.

A short side note: A few years back, some sick fukk here in Calgary was caught (and convicted) of abusing and torturing his girlfriends kitten... Poor little thing took quite a beating, but did survive I am happy to report.

On the other side of the coin, buddy's name and picture was published and I heard from a few different sources that he suffered a number of sh*t kickings in different bars when some guys recognized who he was.

I just hope that they find, and publish the name(s) of the d-bag that did this... I'd happily invest in a Louisville Slugger (only to play weekend beer league you understand, not to knee-cap or beat some sense into anyone - never that)
it's just disturbing on so many levels and it only escalates from here if they aren't "helped" to see a better way.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
it's just disturbing on so many levels and it only escalates from here if they aren't "helped" to see a better way.

We had one(s) in my area, St Albert AB, killing cats. Never did catch the person(s).
Lots of sick bastards out there.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Yet it's ok for your god to kill billions in a variety of ways, some of those ways being pretty damned cruel, and then allow humans to kill other humans. I don't see your complaint as being very rational.

Really? You have concrete proof of that? Or are you just repeating hearsay from a book that you claim is a fairy tale?