Black Lives Matter-Ugliness of Racism.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Honestly, I never heard of the guy until the last couple years….& The first time I saw him was when he was in the White House talking to Trump….& I though, “Holy shit, this guy is either really high or bat shit crazy….& he’s making Trump look sane and rational!!”

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
No, the whole point was to emphasize that U.S. society values Black lives less than White lives. "Black Lives Matter Too" might have worked.

But these days you could say "truth is good" and half the damn population would shriek about how offended they are.

West is a witless provocateur. Only a fool would give a second thought to what he says or does. So I figure he'll get a lot of attention for this stunt.
Headlines matter , look who is getting press .

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Kanye West doubles down on 'White Lives Matter' T-shirts: 'THEY DO'
'Everyone knows that Black Lives Matter was a scam'

Author of the article:Mark Daniell
Publishing date:Oct 06, 2022 • 17 hours ago • 3 minute read • 10 Comments

Kanye West is doubling down on the controversial “White Lives Matter” T-shirts he showed off this week in Paris.

“Here’s my latest response when people ask me why I made a tee that says white lives matter… THEY DO,” the rapper, 45, wrote in an Instagram post that was accompanied by a photo of a black, long-sleeved version of the clothing item.

West was lambasted online for using the slogan, which has been adopted by the KKK and other hate groups in response to the Black Lives Matter movement.

Black conservative commentator Candace Owens also defended wearing the garment alongside West during an appearance on her Daily Wire podcast.

“You know what we should’ve done, we should’ve put a ‘White Lives Matter’ T-shirt on Lizzo. Maybe we could have gotten a lot of attention about obesity and how it’s actually killing black Americans,” Owens said.

“White lives matter, black lives matter, Asian lives matter — it should be implied, yet people are angry and they are being vicious online because they can’t believe that we have the audacity to detract from the movement which is a lie: Black Lives Matter.”

West also declared the Black Lives Matter movement a fraud in a separate Instagram Story.

“Everyone knows that Black Lives Matter was a scam,” he wrote taking a swipe at the group’s ongoing scandals. “Now its over You’re welcome.”

The mother of murdered Georgia jogger Ahmaud Arbery lashed out at the gimmick in a statement saying that the T-shirt would legitimize “extremist behaviour.”

But West shared a link to a Daily Mail article in which professor Tatishe M. Nteta said the rapper’s viewpoints were supported by many Black Americans.

“Kanye West in some ways is voicing a sentiment that some aspects and portions of the American public believes and supports,” Nteta told the newspaper. “He is a conservative human being. He is not alone, among the nation, and not alone among African Americans.”

After model Gigi Hadid branded him a bully, West again returned to Instagram to accuse her and other critics of trying to “tear a Black man down for actually having a different political opinion.”

The Stronger hitmaker also lashed out at fans outraged at the T-shirt, decrying their lack of support in his big to see the children he shares with former wife Kim Kardashian.

“Where was you when I couldn’t see my kids?” he asked angrily.

While West’s T-shirt prompted Jaden Smith to walk out of his show at Paris Fashion Week, fellow rapper Diddy backed the embattled music star calling him a “free thinker.”

“My boy is a super, super, super free thinker,” Diddy said in an interview on The Breakfast Club. “And a lot of times, what he means is, like, misconstrued, you know what I’m saying?”

But Diddy did call the shirts “very tone-deaf.”

“[Black Lives Matter] was our slogan. That wasn’t our slogan to go share with nobody else … Because right now, we’re the ones that are dying, that are incarcerated, that are left in poverty.”

West’s controversy-filled week also found him feuding with Hailey Bieber after she spoke out in support of Vogue editor Gabriella Karefa-Johnson, who criticized the shirts.

“My respect for you runs deep my friend! to know you is to adore you and to work with you is an honour,” Hailey shared in support of Karefa-Johnson. “The most kind. The most talented. The most fun. The most chic.”

West shared a screenshot of a headline reading “Hailey Bieber Joins Gigi Hadid in Defending Gabriella Karefa-Johnson After Kanye West Criticism” with the message, “Wait Am I canceled again??? Justin please let me know.”

Ye then tried to rope the Peaches singer into the fray writing, “Justin get your girl before I get mad.”

mdaniell@postmedia.com

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The mother of murdered Georgia jogger Ahmaud Arbery lashed out at the gimmick in a statement saying that the T-shirt would legitimize “extremist behaviour.”
Correct me if Im wrong but didnt a similar slogan leave several dead, cause billions in damage and divide a nation through a scam? They used her son's death and people's pain to steal. Is that the legacy she wants for her son?

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
City to pay $12M to kin of Prude, Black man killed by police
Author of the article:Associated Press

ROCHESTER, N.Y. — City officials agreed to pay $12 million to the children of Daniel Prude, a Black man who died after police held him down until he stopped breathing on a snowy street in Rochester, New York.

A federal judge approved the settlement in a court document filed Thursday. Rochester Mayor Malik D. Evans said in a statement that the agreement was “the best decision” for the city.

“It would have cost taxpayers even more to litigate, and would have placed a painful toll on our community,” said Evans, who wasn’t in office when Prude died in March 2020.

The settlement money, minus lawyers’ fees and costs, will go to Prude’s five children, who are heirs to the estate, attorneys said.

“I think that it’s an amount of money that is sufficient to show that the City of Rochester recognizes that something very bad happened and that it’s very important for the city to put it in the rearview mirror and move forward,” said lawyer Matthew Piers, who represents the administrator of the estate.

The agreement is the latest in a number of settlements involving police killings of Black people in the U.S. in the last decade. Among them: a $27 million agreement with the family of George Floyd and a $12 million settlement with relatives of Breonna Taylor. Their 2020 deaths — his in Minneapolis, hers in Louisville, Kentucky — ignited protests around the country and fueled a reckoning on racial justice and policing.

A killing that became an earlier catalyst for the Black Lives Matter movement — the 2014 police shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri — led to a $1.5 million settlement. In a lawsuit stemming from the chokehold death of Eric Garner that same year, New York City settled with his family for about $6 million.

Just this August, three towns on Maryland’s Eastern Shore reached a $5 million settlement with relatives of Anton Black, who was chased, handcuffed and shackled by police before he stopped breathing in rural Greensboro in 2018. The family is continuing to pursue a case against the state medical examiner’s office.

Police confronted 41-year-old Prude in March 2020 after his brother called to say the man needed mental health help. Prude had been taken to a hospital for a psychiatric evaluation earlier that night but was released after a few hours, and later bolted from his brother’s home.

After officers found him running naked through the streets, police video showed that Prude complied with police demands to get on the ground and put his hands behind his back. He became agitated as he sat, handcuffed, on the pavement.

Police then put a hood over his head to stop him from spitting and held him down for about two minutes until his breathing stopped. He died several days later after being taken off life support.

The county medical examiner said his death was a homicide caused by “complications of asphyxia in the setting of physical restraint” and cited the drug PCP as a contributing factor.

The officers said they followed their training. A grand jury last year declined to bring criminal charges against them.

The relatives’ lawyers said that Prude’s constitutional rights were violated by the police actions and what the family called an attempted cover-up by the department and city government.

Emails released showed that in June 2020, Rochester police commanders urged city officials to hold off on publicly releasing the video because they feared violent blowback if it came out during nationwide protests that were then unfolding over the police killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis.

Prude’s family eventually obtained the video and released it in September 2020.
1665147002178.png

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Kanye West tells Tucker Carlson his 'White Lives Matter' shirt was 'funny'
'I wrote White Lives Matter on a shirt is because they do,' rapper said

Author of the article:Mark Daniell
Publishing date:Oct 07, 2022 • 18 hours ago • 2 minute read • 14 Comments

As controversy continued to swirl over the “White Lives Matter” T-shirt he debuted earlier this week in Paris, Kanye West took aim at his critics in an interview with Fox News’ Tucker Carlson.

“I wrote ‘White Lives Matter’ on a shirt is because they do. It’s the obvious thing,” West said, echoing a social media post he made on Wednesday.

The slogan has been categorized as a “white supremacist phrase” and the rapper faced fierce opposition to the garment, which Black conservative commentator Candace Owens also wore at Paris Fashion Week.

West told Carlson that he found the idea of him wearing it amusing.

“I thought the shirt was a funny shirt,” he said. “I thought that the idea of me wearing it was funny.”

The Grammy winner went on to tell Carlson he had become a frequent target of left-leaning artists after he publicly embraced former U.S. President Donald Trump by wearing a Make America Great Again hat in public.

“When Trump was running for office and I liked him and every single person in Hollywood, from my ex-wife to my mother in law, to my manager at that time, to, you know, my so-called friends-slash-handlers around me told me if I said that I liked Trump that my career would be over, that my life would be over,” he said. “They said stuff like, ‘People get killed for wearing a hat like that.’ They threatened my life. They basically said that I would be killed for wearing the hat. I had someone call me last night and said anybody wearing a ‘white lives matter’ shirt is going to be green-lit. That means they are going to beat them up if I wear it. I’m like, you know, ‘OK, green light me then.’”

Elsewhere, West accused his former spouse Kim Kardashian of trying to sway his political opinions. “There was manipulation,” he said. “Me not saying I like Trump was a form of manipulation.”

West was criticized by Gigi Hadid, Jaden Smith and Vogue editor Gabriella Karefa-Johnson for the T-shirt. Meanwhile, Adidas has put its partnership with the designer “under review.”

When Carlson asked West, who also ran for president in 2020, why the fashion piece caused so much controversy, he said it was because he wasn’t conforming to ways the media thinks he should act.

“Because the same people that have stripped us of our identity and labelled us as a colour, have told us what it means to be Black,” he said.

mdaniell@postmedia.com

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Sharon Osbourne demands Black Lives Matter refund the $900Gs she says she donated
Author of the article:Bang Showbiz
Bang Showbiz
Publishing date:Oct 07, 2022 • 12 hours ago • 1 minute read • Join the conversation

Sharon Osbourne is demanding a refund for the $900,000 she donated to Black Lives Matter.

The TV personality, 69, made the statement while defending rapper Kanye West, 45, for including “White Lives Matter” tops in his Paris Fashion Week show on Tuesday.

She told TMZ on Friday: “I don’t understand why white lives don’t matter? I don’t understand it. Everybody matters don’t they?”

She added when told Kanye has defended his top by branding Black Lives Matter a “scam”: “We gave $900,000 to that and I’d like my money back.”

She also laughed when she said she wished she had talked to Kanye before making the donation.

Sharon – who quit The Talk show in March 2021 after her on-air fight with co-host Sheryl Underwood, 58, amid accusations she had made “racially insensitive” comments while defending criticism of Meghan, Duchess of Sussex – added she did not think Kanye should be “cancelled” over his WLM stunt and said people should ignore him if they didn’t like his actions.

She told DailyMail.com in September: “I learned a lot through (getting cancelled) but you are who you are. I am not a racist … never said one racist thing.

“People are woke – it’s a whole different world out there. People conduct themselves differently now.”

At the time of her The Talk controversy, Sharon, who shares three kids with husband Ozzy Osbourne, 73, said: “There are three things I never want to talk about, religion, politics and minority groups because you can never win.

“There will be 50% that agree with you and 50 that think you’re an a******.”

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Professor slammed for asking students to ‘create a slave persona’
Author of the article:Denette Wilford
Publishing date:Oct 12, 2022 • 16 hours ago • 2 minute read • Join the conversation

A California professor is under fire for assigning students a project that involved acting out a fake “slave persona.”

LaShae Sharp-Collins, a professor at San Diego State University, instructed students to “create a ‘slave persona’” for an assignment worth 25 points in her Introduction to Africana Studies course, the Daily Aztec reported.

Student Amari Jackson took to Instagram to share a screenshot of the assignment, writing that he “should never have to act like and ‘create a slave persona.”

He added: “But hey, at least my professor canceled the in-class presentations where she wanted us to act and dress in our personas,” but noted she only canceled them because there were too many students and not enough time to get through them all.

Students were asked to “read selected excerpts from slave narratives,” then write their own slave narrative by “researching for historical accuracy.”

The assignment involved creating a diary of a fake slave which was meant to be deeply personal and emotional as well as the kind of environment their persona lived in and what work they did.

Arguably the worst part? Sharp-Collins wanted it all done in Times New Roman font.

Most of the comments Jackson received were from shocked individuals calling it everything from “embarrassing,” “ridiculous,” “tone deaf,” “triggering” and “sick.”

One person wrote: “@sandiegostateuniversity needs to do better.”

According to the paper, three students did not do the assignment and emailed Sharp-Collins about their discomfort and offered to complete an alternative assignment but their request was denied.

Dr. Adisa A. Alkebulan, the chair of SDSU’s Department of Africana Studies, disputed Jackson’s description of the assignment, telling the New York Post in a statement, “To be clear, there was never a requirement to dress as slaves or speak in ‘broken English.’

“Professor Collins is an outstanding educator and a valued member of our faculty and university community.”

The university’s Afrikan Student Union also defended Sharp-Collins, saying in a statement on social media that they had met with the professor to get some clarification.

“We as students know that Professor Collins would never do anything to harm students, and is committed to ensuring that every student is heard and respected inside and outside the classroom,” the statement read.

“This unfortunate misunderstanding is being resolved within the Black community between students, faculty, and staff as a collective.”

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
91-year-old civil rights activist stabbed in Boston park
Associated Press
Publishing date:Oct 12, 2022 • 18 hours ago • 2 minute read • Join the conversation

BOSTON — A 91-year-old civil rights activist and education advocate was stabbed multiple times while walking her dog in a Boston park, authorities said.

Jean McGuire, the first Black woman to serve on the Boston School Committee, was stabbed in Franklin Park about 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, Suffolk District Attorney Kevin Hayden said Wednesday after visiting McGuire at the hospital.

McGuire’s stabbing, as well as the recent fatal shooting of a 14-year-old boy in the city, is unacceptable, said Hayden, whose family has been close to McGuire’s for years.

“I’m certainly outraged, and I think we have to be at the point where we have an entire community that is equally as outraged and will not stand for this sort of random violence any further,” he said.

The good news is that McGuire is “as spunky and as vibrant as ever and is going to be just fine, praise the Lord,” he said.

McGuire’s sister, Jeriline Brady McGinnis, told multiple news outlets that her sister has been walking dogs in the park for decades.

“What did he want? Dog walkers don’t carry money. We carry poop bags and ID. That’s all he’s going to get. Unless he felt the urge to just beat up somebody who’s defenseless,” McGuire’s sister told WFXT-TV.

McGuire was unconscious when officers found her. She was taken to a hospital with injuries that aren’t considered life-threatening, police said in a statement.

“I am disgusted and angry to know that an elder in our community had to fear for her safety going about her daily routine, walking her dog,” Mayor Michelle Wu said.

The suspect remains at large but might have been injured during the attack, police said.

In addition to being the first Black woman to serve on the school committee, where she served for a decade starting in 1981, McGuire in 1966 helped found METCO, the Metropolitan Council for Educational Opportunity, which sends students of color from Boston to predominantly white suburban schools. She became the program’s executive director in 1973 and served in the position until 2016, according to a biography posted by Northeastern University.

Milly Arbaje-Thomas, the current president and CEO of METCO, called McGuire a trailblazer.

“We’re all very saddened by this news, very shocked,” she said. “She’s a woman who has dedicated her life to educational equality.”

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
91-year-old civil rights activist stabbed in Boston park
Associated Press
Publishing date:Oct 12, 2022 • 18 hours ago • 2 minute read • Join the conversation

BOSTON — A 91-year-old civil rights activist and education advocate was stabbed multiple times while walking her dog in a Boston park, authorities said.

Jean McGuire, the first Black woman to serve on the Boston School Committee, was stabbed in Franklin Park about 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, Suffolk District Attorney Kevin Hayden said Wednesday after visiting McGuire at the hospital.

McGuire’s stabbing, as well as the recent fatal shooting of a 14-year-old boy in the city, is unacceptable, said Hayden, whose family has been close to McGuire’s for years.

“I’m certainly outraged, and I think we have to be at the point where we have an entire community that is equally as outraged and will not stand for this sort of random violence any further,” he said.

The good news is that McGuire is “as spunky and as vibrant as ever and is going to be just fine, praise the Lord,” he said.

McGuire’s sister, Jeriline Brady McGinnis, told multiple news outlets that her sister has been walking dogs in the park for decades.

“What did he want? Dog walkers don’t carry money. We carry poop bags and ID. That’s all he’s going to get. Unless he felt the urge to just beat up somebody who’s defenseless,” McGuire’s sister told WFXT-TV.

McGuire was unconscious when officers found her. She was taken to a hospital with injuries that aren’t considered life-threatening, police said in a statement.

“I am disgusted and angry to know that an elder in our community had to fear for her safety going about her daily routine, walking her dog,” Mayor Michelle Wu said.

The suspect remains at large but might have been injured during the attack, police said.

In addition to being the first Black woman to serve on the school committee, where she served for a decade starting in 1981, McGuire in 1966 helped found METCO, the Metropolitan Council for Educational Opportunity, which sends students of color from Boston to predominantly white suburban schools. She became the program’s executive director in 1973 and served in the position until 2016, according to a biography posted by Northeastern University.

Milly Arbaje-Thomas, the current president and CEO of METCO, called McGuire a trailblazer.

“We’re all very saddened by this news, very shocked,” she said. “She’s a woman who has dedicated her life to educational equality.”
I wonder why there is no description of the possibly injured suspect ?

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
School board investigating Ajax teacher over alleged racial slur
Author of the article:Jane Stevenson
Publishing date:Oct 15, 2022 • 10 hours ago • 1 minute read • 20 Comments

The Durham District School Board is investigating an Ajax teacher for allegedly using a racial slur in the classroom.

The Viola Desmond Public School teacher was reportedly captured on video in a classroom talking to students, some of them Black, and openly discussing the use of the N-word before uttering the racial slur.

“We are taking this matter very seriously, and an occasional teacher is currently teaching this class while we conduct an investigation,” the school board said in a statement.

“Racist slurs and all forms of discrimination under the Human Rights Code cause harm and are unacceptable in our learning and working environments, and we are taking steps to address this situation.”

The board added any students affected by the alleged incident are being offered support and thanked those who reported it.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009