Black Lives Matter-Ugliness of Racism.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
T-Bones, my apologies for our spat a few months ago. I have seen the light. It's not that a few forum members here are unscrupulous. What annoys me, is they have a lack of any type of historical knowledge, let alone common sense. I am distancing myself from the far right echo chamber.
Lack of common sense,is correct .

Reactions: taxslave

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
Leaked chat logs from an Oregon right-wing militia group detail members’ discussions about stockpiling arms and ammunition, strategizing about how to spark violence at protests, and even advocating for attacking Democratic politicians. One of the group’s most outspoken members advised the others to ignore weapons statutes and encouraged them to bring bats, mace, and stun guns to protests. Another member told group members not to freeze paintballs for maximum damage, but rather to invest in “glass breaker balls that are rubber coated metal.” And yet another member advocated for “taking care of the justice ourselves” by going after “our DA and then move on to the governor.”
Meanwhile, Acting Secretary of Homeland Security Chad Wolf testified to senators yesterday that white supremacist extremists pose the “most persistent and lethal threat” when it comes to domestic terrorism. Make no mistake: Trump is fueling the rise in right-wing extremism and political violence. The real threat to law and order is not Black Lives Matter protesters taking to the streets to demand justice for Breonna Taylor, as Trump claims — it’s the far-right militia members and vigilantes he is actively encouraging.
Revealed: pro-Trump activists plotted violence ahead of Portland rallies
Patriots Coalition members suggested political assassinations and said ‘laws will be broken, people will get hurt’, leaked chats show
Leaked chat logs show Portland-area pro-Trump activists planning and training for violence, sourcing arms and ammunition and even suggesting political assassinations ahead of a series of contentious rallies in the Oregon city, including one scheduled for this weekend.
The chats on the GroupMe app, shared with the Guardian by the antifascist group Eugene Antifa, show conversations between Oregon members of the Patriots Coalition growing more extreme as they discuss armed confrontations with leftwing Portland activists, and consume a steady diet of online disinformation about protests and wildfires.
At times, rightwing activists discuss acts of violence at recent, contentious protests, which in some cases they were recorded carrying out. At one point, David Willis, a felon currently being sued for his alleged role in an earlier episode of political violence, joins a discussion about the use of paintballs.
Where other members had previously suggested freezing the paintballs for maximum damage, Willis wrote: “They make glass breaker balls that are rubber coated metal. They also have pepper balls but they are about 3 dollars a ball. Don’t freeze paintballs it makes them wildly inaccurate” [sic.]
More: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/23/oregon-portland-pro-trump-protests-violence-texts

Welcome to Trump's America. It's a nightmare!

MAGA!

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Grand jury recordings in Breonna Taylor case to be made public: reports

Kentucky's attorney general is promising to release recordings from the grand jury proceedings in the Breonna Taylor investigation on Wednesday, according to multiple media reports.

The New York Times, Washington Post and NBC News report that Attorney General David Cameron confirmed the decision in a statement Monday, which came after one of the jurors in the case filed a court motion asking to make the details public.

Read more: Police officer charged in Breonna Taylor case pleads not guilty

The reports cited a statement from Cameron's office, saying the recording will be released on a judge's order despite concerns the information might compromise an ongoing federal investigation into the warrant that led to Taylor's death......More

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
They thought he had a knife.

Meanwhile, armed traitors attack the Congress in the Capitol, and nary a shot fired (well, one, but we don't know who fired it).
Just turned on the news, Tec and was absolutely gobsmacked to see that rioters actually got into the Capitol building while Congress was sitting. Unfrickin' believable. "It made America look like a banana republic" - that's a quote from a CTV pundit............and you know, Tec. He's got a point.

Is there nothing in the Constitution that Congress could use to remove trump from power?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Just turned on the news, Tec and was absolutely gobsmacked to see that rioters actually got into the Capitol building while Congress was sitting. Unfrickin' believable. "It made America look like a banana republic" - that's a quote from a CTV pundit............and you know, Tec. He's got a point.

Is there nothing in the Constitution that Congress could use to remove trump from power?
The only two way that exist are impeachment (and we saw how that went) and the XXV Amendment. They're talking about that seriously now, not just Democratic bitching. The Amendment requires the Vice-President and a majority of the Cabinet officers to certify that Trump is unable to fulfill the duties.

That would make Pennies from Heaven (Vice-President Pence) acting President until 20 Jan.

He might issue Trump a blanket pardon, but I wouldn't be too upset about that. The President can't pardon state crimes, and New York is champing at the bit to get at Trump.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
The only two way that exist are impeachment (and we saw how that went) and the XXV Amendment. They're talking about that seriously now, not just Democratic bitching. The Amendment requires the Vice-President and a majority of the Cabinet officers to certify that Trump is unable to fulfill the duties.

That would make Pennies from Heaven (Vice-President Pence) acting President until 20 Jan.

He might issue Trump a blanket pardon, but I wouldn't be too upset about that. The President can't pardon state crimes, and New York is champing at the bit to get at Trump.
I do wonder what might happen if Congress does evoke the XXV Amendment, Tec. I can't see the multiple millions of trump supporters taking that sitting down. It's a catch-22. Leave him be for the next 14 days and see how much more damage is done or kick him to the curb and take your chances.

Not a good day for Capitol police either. A woman is dead. With the numbers that came one might think they would have been better prepared. That the rioters breached the Capitol building - not only breached but actually entered the Chamber? I'm still shaking my head in shock.

Reactions: taxslave and petros

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
3 words...fucked up shit. All fucking year.
I have a feeling that the US is in for many more, pete. There are a lot of Americans who feel totally disenfranchised whether that is true or not, they don't appear ready to accept Biden's election. After watching the shit-show that took place in cities across the US that the liberal media termed as 'peaceful protests' while videos showed fires burning in the background, businesses being looted, police stations under siege, I imagine that more than a few of the rioters on the streets of Washington tonight felt they had just as much right to destroy property and flaunt the law.