Big Explosion in Oslo

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Yet at least 51% of us take this kind of rubbish seriously. Its explains how George W. Bush got re-elected after starting an unprovoked war (aka war crime) and how we have selective amnesia about how the US led coalition of the coerced and bribed caused hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians deaths in Iraq and made millions more homeless refugees. It explains how Canada's PM can express unshakable support for a country whose leaders commit war crimes and crimes against humanity.

Every once and a while, the few loose control of the message. Now is one of those times and you can see them squirm to try to get it back. Likely they will succeed, because in general, people have short attention spans and don't care about how many people die somewhere else, even if our leaders are responsible.

This event is one example of where demonizing propaganda leads.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
In order to corrupt a democracy, you don't need to manipulate everyone. Just 51%. Even if the other 49% see through the BS, they can't do much about it.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
And it's impossible for Pseudo democracies like Iran,Palestine,Egypt, Lybia and other coutries in that area to be corrupt.....naaah!..can't happen!

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
And it's impossible for Pseudo democracies like Iran,Palestine,Egypt, Lybia and other coutries in that area to be corrupt.....naaah!..can't happen!

You talking to yourself again?

Because nobody said these 'pseudo-democracies' cannot be corrupt.

You should get that checked out.

Right on.....
Hypocrite

Hey, you're the one that brought up Al Jazeera. Everyone knows that Rumsfeld was their #1 analyst.

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
we idiotic north americans deserve what we got and are getting, in that sense. until we recognize whats going on..........

Yet at least 51% of us take this kind of rubbish seriously. Its explains how George W. Bush got re-elected after starting an unprovoked war (aka war crime) and how we have selective amnesia about how the US led coalition of the coerced and bribed caused hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians deaths in Iraq and made millions more homeless refugees. It explains how Canada's PM can express unshakable support for a country whose leaders commit war crimes and crimes against humanity.

Every once and a while, the few loose control of the message. Now is one of those times and you can see them squirm to try to get it back. Likely they will succeed, because in general, people have short attention spans and don't care about how many people die somewhere else, even if our leaders are responsible.

This event is one example of where demonizing propaganda leads.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Newsflash for Colpy,
Muslims are always blamed when a Muslim nutcase commits an atrocity. Its why so many people were against building a mosque near the site of the World Trade Center.

Blaming all Muslims for the actions of a few Muslim nutjobs is a mainstream viewpoint promoted by FoxNews pundits:

Joy Behar and Whoopi Goldberg walked off The View set during a discussion about the "Ground Zero Mosque" with guest Bill O'Reilly stated that the Islamic community center was "inappropriate" because "Muslims killed us on 9/11".

"They [Behar and Goldberg] were outraged that someone was saying: 'there was a reason--there's a certain group of people that attacked us on 9/11," said Kilmeade frankly. "It wasn't just one person, it was religion. Not all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslim."
Kilmeade defends O'Reilly: 'Not all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslims' (video) - National The View | Examiner.com

When news of this atrocity broke, Muslims were initially blamed by many American news sources:
Fox Juxtaposes Norwegian Terrorist Attack, NYC Islamic Center | Media Matters for America

If this nutjob was brown and had a Muslim background, our news wouldn't hesitate to claim this person was a Muslim terrorist, even if he hadn't been near a mosque for years.

Also, you should think carefully about your personal perceptions and ideology regarding Muslims and how close your views are to this nutjob in Oslo...

I agree that we should not blame groups of people for the actions of individuals, without exceptions... even Muslim exceptions. You agree with me in this case, yet you support Israel's collective punishment of 1.4 million Gazans in response to the actions of a few Gazans.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Newsflash for Colpy,
Muslims are always blamed when a Muslim nutcase commits an atrocity. Its why so many people were against building a mosque near the site of the World Trade Center.

Blaming all Muslims for the actions of a few Muslim nutjobs is a mainstream viewpoint promoted by FoxNews pundits:

Kilmeade defends O'Reilly: 'Not all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslims' (video) - National The View | Examiner.com

When news of this atrocity broke, Muslims were initially blamed by many American news sources:
Fox Juxtaposes Norwegian Terrorist Attack, NYC Islamic Center | Media Matters for America

If this nutjob was brown and had a Muslim background, our news wouldn't hesitate to claim this person was a Muslim terrorist, even if he hadn't been near a mosque for years.

Also, you should think carefully about your personal perceptions and ideology regarding Muslims and how close your views are to this nutjob in Oslo...

I agree that we should not blame groups of people for the actions of individuals, without exceptions... even Muslim exceptions. You agree with me in this case, yet you support Israel's collective punishment of 1.4 million Gazans in response to the actions of a few Gazans.

Bull****, start to finish.

The mosque that was to be built near the site of the WTC is partially financed by fundamentalist Sauds.....the same people that were involved in the 9-11 attacks as a group.

Oh well...... Fine....

Now.....can I built an adult bookstore next to the mosque? How about a strip club? You know, with near naked girls lounging about outside attracting customers.......No? A christian evangelical church with street preachers outside handing out literature?

Why??

Because it would be INAPPROPRIATE.

The very fact the Muslims involved refuse to consider any other venue shows their disrespect, in fact, they are spitting on the graves of close to 3,000 people.

Nobody blames all Muslims, we blame Islam, a religion inspired by a war-mongering pedophile rapist......what would you expect of his followers????

Oh, and just as a point of interest, I have supported their right to build where they wish......subject to NYC's zoning laws........which should exclude them....

If you go back and look at the threads you will see I carefully did NOT blame Muslims, although I recognized the probability of their involvement.....considering a radical imam had been spouting threats against Norway.

I don't much give a crap, if the guy was brown and hadn't set foot in a mosque for 15 years, denied allegience to Allah, and was NOT screaming "Allah Akbar" as he fired....I would not consider him a Muslim terrorist. Unfortunately.....they usually ARE doing exactly that.

As for your comparison of my ideology and that of the monster, I suggest you go **** yourself. No other comment is possible to that particular insult.

Israel does not punish the Gazans nearly as thoroughly as Islamic Arabia does.

Chev

Electoral Member
Feb 10, 2009
Alberta
Given the background of tragedy afflicting the planet over the last ten years and the numerous contradictions spawned by media during their coverage, anything is possible. We'll get new twists every hour. What intrigues me now is how a single person was able to kill so many people at a campground. That baffles.
If he had an automatic weapon, the kids were on an island.. where were they supposed to go? They wouldn't have known what hit them, so to speak.

APNewsBreak: Oslo bomb was 'Oklahoma City-type'

APNewsBreak: Oslo bomb was 'Oklahoma City-type' - Yahoo! News

would suggest that each "terror crime" be viewed on its own facts. As this event demonstrates , it is far too easy to snap to wrong conclusions about the criminals. This was not a "suicide" bomber..... as many of the Islam variety are prone to be.

The accused apparently fired the automatic rifles for over an hr and a half. Madness personified. What are the gun laws in Norway?? Anyone here know ??? What is the crime rate there??

If this madman was looking to make some pathetic "statement"..........he succeeded. and now has world wide notoriety. He is a "somebody" now..
Just Google what you said.... 'gun laws in Norway', there are many sites to look at. Norway already has some of the toughest gun laws in the world, but.. (and that's a big but...) there are lots of ways for a person to get around the laws. (Just like in Canada).

This thread is about a horrible incident in Norway that had nothing to do with Muslims or Islam. If you guys want to bash Muslims, start another thread. Have some respect for the victims of this tragedy.

Thank you for this Cliffy… My sincere condolences to the families of all the victims in Norway. An absolutely horrible and tragic event.

Different topic pal..try to stick to the thread.....

(Thank you for this winespius…)
My sincere condolences to the families of all the victims in Norway.
My first thought was for the victims and their families, the ones who tried to get away...
(not that maybe it was Muslims or whoever was the bomber/shooter)
Thankful for the people with the boats who were able to rescue some of the kids from the water.
You people truly are heros. My thoughts are with you too,
as I've read that you feel bad you were not able to rescue all he kids in the water..

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Last edited:

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Ezra, McCondell and praise for the Sun all on the same page.. Hey we might as well make this a Palestine vs. Israel thread since we're already there.

I think I just vomitted a bit in my mouth.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Edit: And I fully expect the usual suspects to pooh pooh Sun News and have nothing but praise for Al_jazeera as an unbiased news source...

As Predicted......damn I'm good

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
As Predicted......damn I'm good

I never pooh pooh'd the Sun or praised Al Jazeera so I have no idea what you're talking about.

Unless you somehow believe that not praising a certain media outlet means disregarding them altogether. I guess that would make sense if you treated a media outlet like some kind of religion.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
You didn't predict it .You baited for it. It was a foregone conclusion.

Conversely, all I had to do was mention the word "christian" for DaS, Colpy, and Durry to come stampeding through the thread with pitchforks.