Big Explosion in Oslo

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Read their stuff closer and we aren't in the US. Canadian law is 100% different.
He's at the same site as me. It has .ca at the end of the link.

I like this quote...

Throughout the world, 20 million people have become ordained ministers online. As each of us face some religious hurdles, as to where to go and what do, we here at Universal Life Church Canada offer legal ordinations with no strings attached, just the freedom to "do the right thing".

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I'm not going to argue semantics with you. If you are ordained by the ULC, buy their ordination package (49.95 u.s.) , register, then you will have met all the requirements of most if not all jurisdictions in Canada and the u.s. to legally perform a marriage. This would also include baptisms, funerals, communion, etc.
I particularly like this item from their on line store: New York Same-Sex Marriage Officiant Package
$24.99

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
This link? Get Ordained | How to become an ordained minister online, Ordination Ministries, Wedding Officiants pulled from the .ca site? They don't have .org status in Canada like real Churches.

Welcome to the Anglican Church of Canada <<< Official Anglican Church of Canada webpage, .ca.

I can register a site under org, just for sh!ts and giggles.

I can't even fathom the absurdity of your claim.

DaS was so right.

guess I'm getting too old.
I doubt it, you just have different online hobbies.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Legal status

Main article: Legal status of the Universal Life Church

Since its inception, the Universal Life Church has come into legal conflicts over such issues as the validity of ordinations and the tax-exempt status of the organization. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has ruled that the Church was tax-exempt some years, and not tax-exempt other years, based on the annual filing statement required of non-profit organizations.

The Universal Life Church Monastery Storehouse, Inc., also known as simply The Monastery, broke away from the ULC Headquarters in 2006. There was some litigation resulting from the schism due to the fact that The Monastery controls the ulc.org website.

The ULC Headquarters in Modesto and The Monastery now operate as two unaffiliated entities. Much to the ire of ULC ministers The Monastery uses the ULC name and claims to have been founded in 1959, thus acting as the progenitor church rather than a break-away.

Confusion between the two groups persists as The Monastery operates a number of other websites and is present on new social media sites, such as Facebook.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Legal status
Nice irrelevant switch up pumpkin.

Still a great big fail though.

Here's some reading for Petros....guess he doesn't know how to google:smile:

| Universal Life Church Canada
Yep, that's the Canadian webpage, that isn't like legitimate Canadian Churches because it isn't a .org.

Like the RC's main Canadian page is a .com.

I guess by petros' standards, the RC Church and the Anglican Church aren't legit.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Go ahead buy their books from the Moneystary and they'll tell you how to become a JP or Notary and do legal weddings.

It'll only cost you $30US

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Go ahead buy their books from the Moneystary and they'll tell you how to become a JP or Notary and do legal weddings.

It'll only cost you $30US
Whatever dude. You keep dancing like a roach in a pizza oven. To little to admit your error.

It really wasn't even that big a deal.

But here we are.

Page after page of your imagination. False claims about what people actually said. False claims about your intent. False claims about the Oslo incident being blamed on Muslims. And so on.

Weak, real weak dude.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Uh huh.

If a church sells you books on how to become a JP to do marriages it's not much of a Church is it?

BTW I was first to say it wasn't Muzzies who did this.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I knew you knew it was weak too. It's good you can admit that.

If a church sells you books on how to become a JP to do marriages it's not much of a Church is it?
In your opinion. In the eyes of the law. The C in ULC is 'church'. Complete with ministers. Whether you like it, or not.

You can play all the silly word games you want. In the end, I'm still right. You should have listened to Cliffy.

Bears aren't stupid. People might be, but not bears.

BTW I was first to say it wasn't Muzzies who did this.
Do you want a hero biscuit? EAO was the first to assume it was and start apologizing for them, lol.

Once the news was out, no one was blaming Muslims. That was just something you made up, as a failed escape route.