Army: 12 dead in 31 wounded shooting attacks at Fort Hood base in Texas

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
From what I understand, the psychiatrist was a muslim, who had increasing difficulty defending his own faith in the military.

It's tragic that, instead of seeking the kind of help that he offered others, he just snapped.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
well...isn't that special....do you think that will make the mother whose child has been killed feel better?
Gerry HQuit the pity line - I stated the facts of politics and war - If you have an opinion denying what I wrote as fact - then lets hear it. We are all well aware that the innocent get killed - No one like or enjoys that - except for one poster - and it is not you

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Gerry HQuit the pity line - I stated the facts of politics and war - If you have an opinion denying what I wrote as fact - then lets hear it. We are all well aware that the innocent get killed - No one like or enjoys that - except for one poster - and it is not you

yes, everyone is aware that innocent get killed, but that fact is sluffed off as being inconsequential. The fact that no one says that they like or enjoy it means nothing since they trivialize those deaths, yet they hero worship those that are responsible, those that pulled the trigger or dropped the bomb.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
It clearly demonstrates that we have to be more careful about who we allow into the country period. No more refugees, and we must know the background of all
those we allow in. Today in New York there are Muslims out praising the deed done on the military base. These people should be rounded up and held.
If we have others in this country who follow that path we should use the War
Measures Act to round them up.
These people were not asked to come here. In addition, we are at war with the
Taliban, and these people engaged in acts against this country or that of our allies
are in fact enemies. I don't promote fear but enough is enough.
The time has come to use Marshal law and remove these folks from our midst.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
`Glee` for what took place yesterday? :-? You`re reading too much into Eaglesnacks sarcasm, me thinks.

A sense of satisfaction, in that they got back what they readily dish out on innocents, in foreign countries and hidden from the world by American media, I guess. But don`t dare admit this openly since the are Americans...you know, the `good guys`.:roll:
Just like Canucks do in Afghanistan. :) Or would you like to dispute the fact that civilians have been killed by Canucks?

Look, drop a nuclear weapon on that goddam base of 40,000 strong and wipe out every ****ing one of them in uniform. Make the world a safer place from these terrorist.
That would make me smile.
I bet it would. Good thing most people aren't as bloodthirsty as you seem to be, though.

Now, if the American media will shut the **** up already about the `acts of heroism` stemming from this thing, that will make me smile as well.
I'm with you on that point. I have no love for mainstream newsmedia.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Too late, we should have done that when the first european stepped onto our shores.
lol Unless we invited them. "You can come visit, but don't be like a fish and hang around till you stink".

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
It clearly demonstrates that we have to be more careful about who we allow into the country period. No more refugees, and we must know the background of all
those we allow in. Today in New York there are Muslims out praising the deed done on the military base. These people should be rounded up and held.
If we have others in this country who follow that path we should use the War
Measures Act to round them up.
These people were not asked to come here. In addition, we are at war with the
Taliban, and these people engaged in acts against this country or that of our allies
are in fact enemies. I don't promote fear but enough is enough.
The time has come to use Marshal law and remove these folks from our midst.

Pretty hard to stop them coming in when he was born in the country..

Hasan is the Arlington, Va.-born son of Palestinian parents who ran a restaurant and bar in Roanoke, Va.,

Fort Hood suspect said his goodbyes before rampage - Yahoo! News

Tough some will say the best is to remove all people who is next in those we decide we do not like ?

Hasan was 39 years old, making him a minimum 30 years past 9/11 born in the US.

The problem with the people in New York was not that they were Muslims praising the deed today, but like Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols, that would love to see this happen again. Sick people love to see others in pain and die..

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Did they find any thermite? Did the shooter visit with any demolition crews? What will be the basis for the onslaught of conspiracy theories?

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
''Fort Hood hero Sgt Kim Munley who shot the killer''

Yes, she is a heroine.

Too bad that Virginia's new Republican governor believes women should all be at home barefoot and pregnant. I guess it shows how smart Republicans are to believe in that archaic nonsense.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Yes, she is a heroine.

Too bad that Virginia's new Republican governor believes women should all be at home barefoot and pregnant. I guess it shows how smart Republicans are to believe in that archaic nonsense.

Huh??????

Virginia????? What the Hell does this have to do with Virginia????

Got an open wound, Gopher???

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Hey Genius - did you read my post?

Your favorite party just elected someone who feels women shouldn't be cops. What does that tell you about the electorate there?

The heroism shown by that policewoman should dispel the notion that McDonnell's archaic ideas had any sense at all. Or hadn't you noticed??

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Hey Genius - did you read my post?

Your favorite party just elected someone who feels women shouldn't be cops. What does that tell you about the electorate there?

The heroism shown by that policewoman should dispel the notion that McDonnell's archaic ideas had any sense at all. Or hadn't you noticed??

We know you are bitter that the GOP has not rolled over and died, the one party Democratic state being your dream, but you should try to control your anger........

and BTW "genius" I'm a Canadian, so I don't have a favourite American political party.....have you not read MY posts defending Obama?????

And I have better things to do than track every frickin' comment made by minor politicians in a country not even my own.

Get down off your high horse....

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Obama has brought terrorism onto American soil.

Obama has to learn that when you negotiate with terrorist then you are seen as being weak.

Obama has to show terrorists that he is tough and smart and will not put up with bull$hit.

Obama has to show the terrorists that war is not an option and peace will bring change.

If Obama can't do this simple act then American streets will flow with American blood untill the a new president is elected.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
From what I understand, the psychiatrist was a muslim, who had increasing difficulty defending his own faith in the military.

It's tragic that, instead of seeking the kind of help that he offered others, he just snapped.

Muslims have a habit of suicide misions. There is no help for the fanatical.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto

Yes, she is a heroine.

Shooting someone doesn't make them a hero/heroine.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Shooting someone doesn't make them a hero/heroine.

Depends.....I would say that putting your own life in jeopardy to prevent the death of others is the very definintion of heroism.

The act of shooting is not heroic in itself, but making the choice to expose yourself to violent assault in doing your duty certainly is heroic.