And this is why.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

Now I'm sure some here will say "GOOD" that this kid killed themselves.

But they were a KID. 12 goddamn years old.

Suicide because other little fucking monsters decided because the kid wasn't like them, they deserved to be tormented until this happened.

THIS is why the issues involving the "Alphabet" are still a goddamn issue.

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
Kids can be cruel, there's no disputing that. Even if you do your best to teach them well when they're young there is always situations where they come up against those who come from, let's say less than compassionate homes. At a time when when "fitting in" is important to youngsters it's easy for charismatic, but nonetheless poorly raised shitheads to amass a few "soldiers" which just makes things worse.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Mental issue.. transgender, suicidal, dietary

Boy needed counselling… quit making excuses for this shit and have people seek help..

Yep.

The lad definitely needed help.

Which does not change the fact that Serryah is absolutely correct. Torturing some "different" kid to the point of suicide simply because he is different is .....well, words escape me. The kids that were involved in this are damned lucky I'm not their father.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Mental issue.. transgender, suicidal, dietary

Boy needed counselling… quit making excuses for this shit and have people seek help..

Didn't read the article did you?

The kid always acted happy, family had no clue how they were feeling. So if the family doesn't know, they can't get counselling.

But you being okay with the kid's suicide doesn't shock me anymore.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

The kid always acted happy, family had no clue how they were feeling. So if the family doesn't know, they can't get counselling.

Parent said their son was repeatedly bullied.. nuff said..

Get counseling… I mean really.. there was no need for this kid to take his own life..

It’s very sad this happened..

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
An avoidable tragedy.. The young man could have become someone who helped others through his own experiences..

Life’s lessons are the best.
It was, and remains, a huge issue in the military. Despite the availability of a large variety of counseling options, there's a huge bias in favor of "toughing it out."

Which makes about as much sense as "toughing out" a case of VD.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

So how many kids were there? I only read of one , yet you keep referring to they?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons

Now I'm sure some here will say "GOOD" that this kid killed themselves.

But they were a KID. 12 goddamn years old.

Suicide because other little fucking monsters decided because the kid wasn't like them, they deserved to be tormented until this happened.

THIS is why the issues involving the "Alphabet" are still a goddamn issue.
Yeah, because the Alphabet Community are the only ones who get bullied and kill themselves over it, right? Jesus Christ, kids will bully anyone over anything. When I was in school kids were bullied for being ginger, for being "dumb", for being "too smart", for being poor, for being a Jehova's Witness and even just for how they looked. Some of them ended up offing themselves too. And it hasn't stopped. Bullies are bullies, period.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Yeah, because the Alphabet Community are the only ones who get bullied and kill themselves over it, right? Jesus Christ, kids will bully anyone over anything. When I was in school kids were bullied for being ginger, for being "dumb", for being "too smart", for being poor, for being a Jehova's Witness and even just for how they looked. Some of them ended up offing themselves too. And it hasn't stopped. Bullies are bullies, period.
Not sure I take your point here.

Are you saying "Meh, there'll always be bullies, and we shouldn't try to stop it?"

Or are you saying "Kids get bullied for a lot more than alphabet issues, and we need to crack down on bullying and support the victims regardless of the ostensible reason for the bullying?"

If the former, I disagree.

If the latter, +1.

Reactions: Mowich

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
No matter how you look at this situation, it's extremely sad. Kids do need to know that there's help available and that it's NOT BEING A TATTLE TALE to ask for it, They need to know they are worthwhile and loved (by their families at least) and that there are options available for them.

It's also important to report the so-called "bullies" to authorities so they can be "looked after" (tongue in cheek) 👿

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Not sure I take your point here.

Are you saying "Meh, there'll always be bullies, and we shouldn't try to stop it?"

Or are you saying "Kids get bullied for a lot more than alphabet issues, and we need to crack down on bullying and support the victims regardless of the ostensible reason for the bullying?"

If the former, I disagree.

If the latter, +1.

I'd say if the former, pointing out that 'back then' kids weren't killing themselves over the bullying.

'Back then' bullying wasn't as intense or almost in your face every day like it is now.

You can't compare bullying 'back then' to now.

I agree with point two.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I'd say if the former, pointing out that 'back then' kids weren't killing themselves over the bullying.

'Back then' bullying wasn't as intense or almost in your face every day like it is now.

You can't compare bullying 'back then' to now.

I agree with point two.
Actually the bullying was much more rampant in the past . All that Gin said plus race , any reason to belittle was reason enough .

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
hopefully scientists will put an end to this terrible affliction so that bullies wont have to endure the trauma of dealing with homosexuals/transgenders etc.

• Sad

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
I personally knew 3 young guys that committed suicide. This was in the 70s and they were all pals of each other. This was over about 3 years. Not sure what the reasons were, but figure they were related somehow.
That said, I really don't understand how a 12 year old is so confused on their gender. It's not something kids think about that I know of