And again... (Another US Shooting)

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Transportation and in some cases, housing. HEAR YE, HEAR YE. The definition of many has been re-defined to mean 'two'.

So why do you have any at all, Sports Fan?

And pat yourself on the back for thinking you were being clever.
OK, texting and driving is important. Mass shootings, meh, who cares?

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
So, since whataboutism is a thing, as always, with this topic, it occurred to me that if 44% of Republicans think mass shootings and living with it is just the 'cost' of a free society, then perhaps they should apply that to the abortion issue. After all, women's health care is part of a 'free society' and her choice of whether to abort or not should be up to her as a 'free person' in a 'free society'.

Same could be said for other 'whatabout' issues too.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
So, since whataboutism is a thing, as always, with this topic, it occurred to me that if 44% of Republicans think mass shootings and living with it is just the 'cost' of a free society, then perhaps they should apply that to the abortion issue. After all, women's health care is part of a 'free society' and her choice of whether to abort or not should be up to her as a 'free person' in a 'free society'.

We MUST do something to stop the inhuman travesty of texting while having/performing abortions!

Interestingly, the Supreme Court is also about to drop a case challenging the New York state law on when and under what circumstances one can carry a gun. If they continue their right-wing rampage, they may strike down all limits on where and when one can carry a gun anyplace one is legally allowed to be (except, of course, the Supreme Court!)

Reactions: Serryah

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
We MUST do something to stop the inhuman travesty of texting while having/performing abortions!

Interestingly, the Supreme Court is also about to drop a case challenging the New York state law on when and under what circumstances one can carry a gun. If they continue their right-wing rampage, they may strike down all limits on where and when one can carry a gun anyplace one is legally allowed to be (except, of course, the Supreme Court!)

I saw/heard about that.

I don't understand how people think more guns equals safety. Reality and logic just does not compute to their sad little brain cell apparently.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I saw/heard about that.

I don't understand how people think more guns equals safety. Reality and logic just does not compute to their sad little brain cell apparently.
Funny that , but why do all our political betters have people with unnecessary guns guarding them ? Another case of rules for me and not for thee . Don’t you just love that ?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Awww, are you back to your faux concern about the kiddies again? Hmm let's see, according to my calculations around 154 kids 15 and under have been killed by idiots in cars since the Uvalde shooting. Were you related to one of the shooting victims or something? Because you're still droning on and on about something that happened two weeks ago while seeming rather unperturbed in the least about the 154 child deaths caused by texting and driving just since then.
Apparently "let 'em die" isn't just a "conservative" trait.
People don't kill. Cars do. Lets ban cars. Diesel tucks only. That way the everyone can hear them coming and have no excuse to get run over.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Hey, you idiots can do whatever you like. Our governments treat driving as a privilege, license it, and make it quite difficult and expensive, buy any 18-year-old who don't have a criminal record or a mental-health diagnosis has an inalienable ride to military-grade heat and all the ammo he needs to feel like he's got a dick.
That why you have an armoury in the basement?

Reactions: B00Mer

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
In Canada it is. Here's another fun fact. Some dude just got 14 years for killing 4 people in a MVA where he was clearly at fault. He'll be eligible for parole in 5 years. Whether or not he gets out in 5 or later he'll still be able to get re-licenced to drive at some point after his release.

Now, compare that to a legal gun owner who gets careless and cleans his firearm before making sure it's completely clear. The firearm goes off but fortunately nobody gets killed or wounded. Guess what? It don't matter. They will be prohibited from ever legally owning a firearm again. Period. It gets even more fucked. In Canada more kids are killed every year by people texting and driving than the number of people from all age groups who are victims of homicide. Roughly half of those homicides involve a firearm. Last year an average of 1 person a day was shot to death. Last year an average of 3.5 kids 15 and under per day were killed by people texting and driving.
Seems to me that Canada needs licencing and ownerships laws for cars that are at least as strict as they are for gun ownership, or more so. In the US around 30,000 people a year are murdered, not all them with a firearm. Meanwhile 40,000 American are killed on US roads and highways every year. And don't kid yourself, only a handful are the result of a genuine 'no-fault" situation; weather, mechanical failure etc. The VAST majority of deaths on the road in both countries are caused by impaired driving, distracted driving, stunt driving or any other irresponsible behaviour behind the wheel. Kind'a funny how anti-gun altruists want you to ignore those huge pieces of reality while crying about how dangerous guns are. And why? Because they like their cars. THEY shouldn't have to be "punished"/restricted because of the actions of others.

Yep. But that "shall not be infringed" part really does cover both the letter and the spirit of the law. Not saying I agree with it, but it's kinda' hard to state you stand for freedom and democracy when you're a govt that wants to abrogate or otherwise strictly limit "enshrined" rights". Although let's face it, when it comes to the ideals of freedom and democracy the US does a pretty piss poor job of practicing what it preaches so...
Democracy is only for the elite. The rest of us are supposed to do as we are told.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
OK, ignore the fact that there are many uses for a vehicle besides killing, and absolutely no uses for a gun besides killing.

And pat yourself on the back for your "honesty."
Scaring off predators? (2 and 4 legged) The idea of carrying a handgun in the bush is more for making a big noise than anything. A cougar can be killed by a handgun at close range. A bear will probably just get mad if you shoot him, so the last bullet is to save yourself from a serious mauling.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

Well, since there are clearly no limits on where one can carry an illegal gun in NEw York, it is only fair that legal gun owners have the same rights.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Trudeau wants meth heads to legally carry meth but what the fuck is cost to the sober people?

If some meth rat crawls under my deck, why can't I shoot it, poison it or trap it like any other fucking rat?

Is it a person or a fucking rat clot, almost human, deformed pussy parasite thing surviving off the sandwich truck womb?

Well? What The Fuck?

Reactions: taxslave

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons

Let's put that to the test from an American perspective. There are 15 states where abortions are publicly funded. You also say that abortion is a right. Yet doing something irresponsible with that right requires the taxpayer to pony up for some reason. Yeah yeah, women who get abortions are taxpayers too.

So, should the same people in those states also have to pay for the medical care of someone who wounds themselves doing something stupid with their firearm? I mean said firearm owner is a taxpayers too, right?

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I saw/heard about that.

You think less guns equals safety? Well all righty then, you just go tell that to the Jews, Armenians, Laotians, etc.

As for the idea that people with semi-autos are no match for tanks and bombers, one should also factor in how willing US military personnel would be to utilize that kind of blunt force military power on their fellow Americans on American soil to begin with. The US ain't a tin pot dictatorship, yet,

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Not true. Small arms are huge threat to aircraft.

Recently...

The Russian troops also shot down a Ukrainian Mi-24 helicopter by concentrated small arms fire near the community of Posad-Pokrovskoye in the Kherson Region, the spokesman said.
Compare the lumbering hulk of an Mi-24 vs the absolute long range firepower of an Apache and it's arsenal of hellfire missiles. Or an F-15 Strike Eagle.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Compare the lumbering hulk of an Mi-24 vs the absolute long range firepower of an Apache and it's arsenal of hellfire missiles. Or an F-15 Strike Eagle.
It only takes one, just one 30gr piece of lead to drop anything. A satellite isn't far fetched in the least bit.

Its just a matter of mathematics and physics.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

Reactions: taxslave and B00Mer