And again... (Another US Shooting)

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
That is sad but it was probably due to happen within a couple of weeks anyways. A healthy heart doesn't have a heart attack out of the blue.

... wow.

Actually no that wasn't 'probably due to happen'. No one knows when/if a heart attack will happen.

Specifically, while MOST times it's due to blocked arteries, there is also this:

Are there other causes of heart attack besides blockage?

Sometimes a coronary artery temporarily contracts or goes into spasm. When this happens the artery narrows, and blood flow to part of the heart muscle decreases or stops.

The causes of spasms are unclear. A spasm can occur in normal-appearing blood vessels as well as in vessels partly blocked by atherosclerosis. A severe spasm can cause a heart attack.

Another rare cause of heart attack is spontaneous coronary artery dissection, which is a spontaneous tearing of the coronary artery wall.

Now did this guy have any of that happen? Unless there's an autopsy, who knows.

But the POINT is that upon hearing of his wife's death, he died.

Stress can induce a heart attack - which obviously happened here.

He is another victim.

Saying "oh it probably would have happened" dismisses the empathy and humanity going on here and really, are you fucking kidding me with that?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
All the things you want to do would only slow down the purchase of legal guns, which is good as far as it goes, but will do nothing to stop anyone from purchasing an illegal gun. Even where I live there are unregistered handguns changing hands on a somewhat regular basis. Now I'm not real sure how illegal guns get from manufacturer to black market, but this would be the first place to get tough on crime. Wouldn't even bother me if they executed a few people at this level. Give street level dealers 20 years or so with no time off. Use a gun in a crime, get life with no parole. I don't care, but stop picking on honest taxpayers that happen to be gu n entheusists.
That must be why countries where guns are rare and mostly illegal have the same rate of gun homicides as the U.S.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
*sigh*. You have to be 18 to buy a long gun and 21 to buy a handgun. Your age crap is kind'a funny though because you only need to be 18 to join the military and go kill people. So at 18 I'm old enough to handle the burden of killing people with a rifle, grenades, trench knife, my bare hands even, but not old enough to handle the responsibility of actually owning a rifle.
Yes. Precisely.

A soldier is vetted, trained, supervised, rarely alone, generally kept busy, and doesn't get to play with his rifle whenever he feels like it.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
... wow.

Actually no that wasn't 'probably due to happen'. No one knows when/if a heart attack will happen.

Specifically, while MOST times it's due to blocked arteries, there is also this:

Are there other causes of heart attack besides blockage?

Sometimes a coronary artery temporarily contracts or goes into spasm. When this happens the artery narrows, and blood flow to part of the heart muscle decreases or stops.

The causes of spasms are unclear. A spasm can occur in normal-appearing blood vessels as well as in vessels partly blocked by atherosclerosis. A severe spasm can cause a heart attack.

Another rare cause of heart attack is spontaneous coronary artery dissection, which is a spontaneous tearing of the coronary artery wall.

Now did this guy have any of that happen? Unless there's an autopsy, who knows.

But the POINT is that upon hearing of his wife's death, he died.

Stress can induce a heart attack - which obviously happened here.

He is another victim.

Saying "oh it probably would have happened" dismisses the empathy and humanity going on here and really, are you fucking kidding me with that?
I am not saying he is not another victim and the circumstances no doubt did induce. And I now know it can be caused by other factors (thanx). I was under the impression it was primarily a blockage caused by plaque and stuff on the artery walls around the heart or the cracking of those walls for the same reason. And without autopsy we won't know what the actual cause is (maybe he died of a broken heart?). But I simply meant that the odds were that his days were numbered. But people do survive heart attacks and maybe if it had happened naturally, he would have survived.

It is sad and sorry about the kids. On the bright side (if their actually is one) they are together again in the hereafter.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
This poor man just lost his wife and grandson. My heart goes out to him. Raising kids is a tough job these days. I'm sure he did his best. Prayers for him as well as the poor kids and teachers who were killed.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
So here's a question:

Are the cops who did NOT do their job in the shooting worth defending?

The lack of action by police that day, and readiness, shows a complete failure of procedure; should the police be held responsible, or should it just be a case of "it happens"?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
So here's a question:

Are the cops who did NOT do their job in the shooting worth defending?

The lack of action by police that day, and readiness, shows a complete failure of procedure; should the police be held responsible, or should it just be a case of "it happens"?
If they violated procedures, they should face whatever disciplinary action comes from that. If they followed procedures and the procedures were weak, then they should be updated.

Reactions: taxslave and B00Mer

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
You’re watching to many Rambo movies.. did the shooter have hostages, how many shooters..

They had to go in safely and knowing what’s going on. Police are not paid to commit suicide, or play the hero..

Fucking people getting worked up stupid blaming cops, gun owners.. it’s just a political witch-hunt from Leftist morons.

Reactions: taxslave