Al-Qaeda Wannabe Kept ‘Bomb’ on His Lap

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Hey Farouk... Welcome to Michigan... FOREVER.

The dingbat Panty Bomber should have picked a Miami International flight. Now he's going to freeze his burned nuts off in Michigan for the rest of his life.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
I think something is lost in the English-Arabic translation of "chestnuts roasting on an open fire"

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Thats how most Canadians get their smoke through airport security,right in that little pocket in the crotch of your gaunch and they have been doing it that way for many years.;-)

You can get an ounce and a half of dried vacuum packed weed in the crotch of your fruit of the looms and if that was petn it would have blown that plane out of the sky.

I only know this because of the guys coming to camp that got caught.;-)

Most did'nt.

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
Thats how most Canadians get their smoke through airport security,right in that little pocket in the crotch of your gaunch and they have been doing it that way for many years.;-)

You can get an ounce and a half of dried vacuum packed weed in the crotch of your fruit of the looms and if that was petn it would have blown that plane out of the sky.

I only know this because of the guys coming to camp that got caught.;-)

Most did'nt.

Ummm, unless airport security is conducted by cops, contraband is none of their concern. Airport security are not cops unless they have been deputized, they have no more power of arrest or detention than regular citizens. Their concern is security, period. You have the right not to be searched if you choose not to board an aircraft, and they can only confiscate substances that are banned, weed does not fall into that category. They do have the right to notify the authorities if they believe you have he stuff, but let the courts figure out the legalities afterward. Many of these security folks think they have police powers, and when push comes to shove I think they will be sorely mistaken, and one day they will find that out by way of very large monetary judgments against them. But only when someone does the a very un Canadian thing, fights back against abuse of power.

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
''72 hours prior to their departing flight''

How does the USA avoid having such a person on a flight if it does not originate in this country?

Airlines have to submit their manifests with this information before they are allowed to enter US airspace. A case in point, a flight from Fredricton NB to Toronto was turned back because a passenger on it was on a US no fly list, even though it was a domestic flight. All flights from Atlantic Canada fly through US airspace in order to get to Montreal or Toronto. How did this guy get on a flight destined to the US? Well, he wasn't on the no fly list, gee, Josef Islam aka Cat Stevens was, and he was denied boarding. I dunno, go figure.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Airlines have to submit their manifests with this information before they are allowed to enter US airspace. A case in point, a flight from Fredricton NB to Toronto was turned back because a passenger on it was on a US no fly list, even though it was a domestic flight. All flights from Atlantic Canada fly through US airspace in order to get to Montreal or Toronto. How did this guy get on a flight destined to the US? Well, he wasn't on the no fly list, gee, Josef Islam aka Cat Stevens was, and he was denied boarding. I dunno, go figure.

Yes but we don't want to offend Islamist. The US is in apologize mode.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Ummm, unless airport security is conducted by cops, contraband is none of their concern. Airport security are not cops unless they have been deputized, they have no more power of arrest or detention than regular citizens. Their concern is security, period. You have the right not to be searched if you choose not to board an aircraft, and they can only confiscate substances that are banned, weed does not fall into that category. They do have the right to notify the authorities if they believe you have he stuff, but let the courts figure out the legalities afterward. Many of these security folks think they have police powers, and when push comes to shove I think they will be sorely mistaken, and one day they will find that out by way of very large monetary judgments against them. But only when someone does the a very un Canadian thing, fights back against abuse of power.

I understand that,I'm just saying thats the one place they dont get too close to unless they do take you into the back room for a full search and they usually call the cops if they find contraband.
I got searched in Lethbridge a couple years ago,it wasnt a full body search as I was right next to where they scan you and in view of everyone,the guy did stick his fingers down the front of my pants,thats when I said "ahem,a bit close there buddy".:roll:

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
This poor misguided punk kept his explosives in his underpants, because he knew perfectly well that blowing up his dickie would be no loss. I mean, even an idiot like him would be smart enough to know that getting a 72 year-old virgin is no prize.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
How are you gonna reply when he/she goes "close to what?"

:lol:

That would be an awkward moment.

Reminds me of watching a cop show where he was giving a woman a ticket and she says.

"I thought cops didn't give pretty girls tickets?"

"Cops don't give pretty girls tickets? You're right...sign here please."

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
How are you gonna reply when he/she goes "close to what?"

It was pretty apparent what he was getting close to because the other passengers all started laughing.
I was flying on a bloody beechcraft fer crisakes.:roll:
They took away my toothbrush,guess they didnt want me rushing the cockpit and performing some dental hygiene on the pilot.
I used to keep a travelers toothbrush in my jacket cuz they allways lost my luggage.

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
It was pretty apparent what he was getting close to because the other passengers all started laughing.
I was flying on a bloody beechcraft fer crisakes.:roll:
They took away my toothbrush,guess they didnt want me rushing the cockpit and performing some dental hygiene on the pilot.
I used to keep a travelers toothbrush in my jacket cuz they allways lost my luggage.

Unfortunately I have lost my sense of ha ha, I would have had them get their supervisor and then launched a formal written complaint. These folks can lose their jobs too, and I would make it quite clear that I would follow up on my complaint until they were dealt with to my satisfaction. If they cant be discreet, let alone being downright embarrassing, they have no business doing what they do.