ABEXIT - is it time for Alberta to think about leaving Canada?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Kenny is directly, personally the creator of the current provincial transfer system that all of you traitors think is the ultimate outrage. You sure remind me of the lying separatist weasels in Quebec back forty years ago. The same sort of dishonesty drives you.

Oh my... You sound furious.

Is it just about time for you to load-up the mini van with your fellow inbreds and lay siege to the West with all those sharp pointy sticks that you've amassed?

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Kenny is directly, personally the creator of the current provincial transfer system that all of you traitors think is the ultimate outrage. You sure remind me of the lying separatist weasels in Quebec back forty years ago. The same sort of dishonesty drives you.

Is it a fair system? Why does Ont. and Que. keep vetoing adding Hydro-electric as an energy source added to the wealth formula?

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
I agree an economy propped up by tourism and real estate is not sustainable, the resource industry is slowly being torn down just look at forestry and coal mining.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I agree an economy propped up by tourism and real estate is not sustainable, the resource industry is slowly being torn down just look at forestry and coal mining.
Coal mining is going great guns in the Elk Valley .

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister

BC has gutted it's primary sectors and the result is that it is exposed more heavily to economic downturns that might affect their bigger sectors.... Because of the fragile arrangement, it's little more than a house of cards.

Factor-in the egregious taxes charged by both the provincial and select municipalities and any hiccup will cause the whole house to collapse

Found this info, albeit from 2013 but i don't believe that there is significant change to today.... You tell me if this is cause for confidence especially in light that BC has instituted a 'speculation tax' on real estate transactions and that a very large $$ amount invested in R/E comes from overseas

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
BC has gutted it's primary sectors and the result is that it is exposed more heavily to economic downturns that might affect their bigger sectors.... Because of the fragile arrangement, it's little more than a house of cards.

Factor-in the egregious taxes charged by both the provincial and select municipalities and any hiccup will cause the whole house to collapse

Found this info, albeit from 2013 but i don't believe that there is significant change to today.... You tell me if this is cause for confidence especially in light that BC has instituted a 'speculation tax' on real estate transactions and that a very large $$ amount invested in R/E comes from overseas

Where does usuary and loan sharking fit into the picture?