A reminder on how Harper handled the G20 protest in Toronto

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
True Dope's best move now. . . "We will drop all charges, lift all banking restrictions. . . and never mention this again. Deal?"
Unfortunately though, he’s gotten away with too much for too long that I seriously doubt he’s capable of what you’re proposing, and even with a minority gov’t, he’ll have Jagmeet case the peanuts he throws around the room in exchange for political favours, but every time Jagmeet does this his odds of being anything but Justin’s Lackey get slimmer & slimmer, & that is pretty sad as I really expected more from Jagmeet Singh.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Unfortunately though, he’s gotten away with too much for too long that I seriously doubt he’s capable of what you’re proposing, and even with a minority gov’t, he’ll have Jagmeet case the peanuts he throws around the room in exchange for political favours, but every time Jagmeet does this his odds of being anything but Justin’s Lackey get slimmer & slimmer, & that is pretty sad as I really expected more from Jagmeet Singh.
Naturally. . . in True Dope's time as PM, when have you ever seen him make the smart move?

The only reason he's still there is because the Tories put up even weaker candidates. To be honest, it staggers me that Canada, a country that slugs way above its weight, seems unable to produce a single smart, modest, intelligent candidate. I'm sorry, I don't mean this as an insult, but rather as commiseration. But this is coming from a citizen of a country that, in two consecutive elections, has managed to elect the crazy fat kid and a superannuated senator well past his sell-by date. When I'M feeling sorry for you, you got a problem.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Why would you have ? He has been consistent throughout .

Reactions: taxslave

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Naturally. . . in True Dope's time as PM, when have you ever seen him make the smart move?

The only reason he's still there is because the Tories put up even weaker candidates. To be honest, it staggers me that Canada, a country that slugs way above its weight, seems unable to produce a single smart, modest, intelligent candidate. I'm sorry, I don't mean this as an insult, but rather as commiseration. But this is coming from a citizen of a country that, in two consecutive elections, has managed to elect the crazy fat kid and a superannuated senator well past his sell-by date. When I'M feeling sorry for you, you got a problem.
Yikes Biden , Trump , Obama , look in the mirror , 350,000,000 of you .

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Yes, they used it correctly.

Even the civil liberties group dropped their suit.
Even though Trudeau dropped the emergency act just before the Senate could vote it down, he still used it & under extremely questionable circumstances.

I find it hard to believe that the “civil liberties group” dropped their suit. Do you think I can get you to post a link backing up that claim please?
Since you didn’t, I went looking for confirmation of your claim as it seemed too far fetched. Anyway, I got your link for you:

Here’s what the CCLA says about your claim:

We welcome the government’s decision to revoke the proclamation of emergency – it is overdue.

From the outset, however, we have stated that the government did not meet the legal thresholds set out in the Emergencies Act.

We continue to believe that there was an insufficient legal basis for resort to the Emergencies Act and that the orders the government passed under this legislation were unconstitutional.

We also continue to believe that it is important for the courts to consider the legal threshold and constitutional issues so as to guide the actions of future governments.

Even though the orders are no longer in force, Canadians are left with the precedent that the government’s actions have set.

We will be consulting with our counsel over the next few days to determine what the next steps are in our litigation, but at this time we will continue our case.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Where's the lawsuit? Lol
The above is from Wednesday 23rd, & today is Saturday 26th. You’re saying the CCLA is dropping their suit, then asking where’s the lawsuit? Seriously dude, pick a lane.

The CCLA states, 3 day ago, being there most recent release of information, “We will be consulting with our counsel over the next few days to determine what the next steps are in our litigation, but at this time we will continue our case.”

What do you think they’re stating?

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
The above is from Wednesday 23rd, & today is Saturday 26th. You’re saying the CCLA is dropping their suit, then asking where’s the lawsuit? Seriously dude, pick a lane.

The CCLA states, 3 day ago, being there most recent release of information, “We will be consulting with our counsel over the next few days to determine what the next steps are in our litigation, but at this time we will continue our case.”

What do you think they’re stating?

There's no statement of claim.

Wake me up when there is one.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Yikes Biden , Trump , Obama , look in the mirror , 350,000,000 of you .
Yes, I did. That's what I was saying.

Obama and Bush were OK. Trump was a freakin' disaster, and Biden's greatest virtue is that he's not Trump. Reagan, Bush Sr, and Clinton were a pretty good run for us.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Rather than giving you the punch that comment just begs for, I'll just say "Son, it hurts ME to see you leave yourself that open!"

I think we're both aware of the context so if others want to punch, then punch away.

Someone's gotta stand up for freeze peach in here.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Yes, I did. That's what I was saying.

Obama and Bush were OK. Trump was a freakin' disaster, and Biden's greatest virtue is that he's not Trump. Reagan, Bush Sr, and Clinton were a pretty good run for us.
From the outside looking in , I can’t see how no war , energy independence, Muddled East peace agreements and full employment are such terrible accomplishments. But that is just me . Of course spending his presidency fighting off trumped up charges in the media didn’t help , but who is to blame for that ?