2SLGBTQQIA+

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
….or psychopaths as Politicians, or Police Officers, or at the Post Office, or the DMV, or…..but we currently aren’t screening for this (or if there even is a way to screen for this) trait.

Well depending on some departments, I think to be a cop or train as one you need to pass psych evals. The rest... true.

Reactions: Taxslave2

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
Well depending on some departments, I think to be a cop or train as one you need to pass psych evals. The rest... true.
There is. Also many companies do psyc evaluation for management or high hazard jobs. I know of one tug boat company that makes people applying for captains position has to go see a shrink as part of the process.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Scooby-Doo's Velma is a lesbian in new Halloween movie
'OMG LESBIAN VELMA FINALLY CANON IN THE MOVIES'

Author of the article:Mark Daniell
Publishing date:Oct 05, 2022 • 3 days ago • 3 minute read • 18 Comments
Velma is gay in a new Scooby Doo! movie.
Scooby-Doo’s Velma Dinkley is officially out of the closet.

Clips from a new movie Trick or Treat Scooby-Doo! went viral this week showing the nerdy Mystery Incorporated member getting tongue tied when she meets a costume designer, confirming a theory held by Scooby fans for years.

“OMG LESBIAN VELMA FINALLY CANON IN THE MOVIES,” reads one tweet that has garnered over 226,000 likes.

As Velma lays eyes on Coco Diablo, her face goes flush and she utters her famous line “jinkies.”

In another clip, Velma’s glasses melt when Diablo asks, “Do you know how rare it is for me to like someone other than myself?”

In 2020, Suicide Squad writer/director James Gunn (who previously scripted two live-action Scooby-Doo films) revealed he tried to make the bespectacled character gay but was shot down by studio execs.

“I tried! In 2001 Velma was explicitly gay in my initial script. But the studio just kept watering it down & watering it down, becoming ambiguous (the version shot), then nothing (the released version) & finally having a boyfriend (the sequel),” he tweeted, adding an annoyed emoji.

Supervising producer Tony Cervone backed up Gunn’s claims in a separate Instagram post.

“I’ve said this before, but Velma in Mystery Incorporated is not bi. She’s gay. We always planned on Velma acting a little off and out of character when she was dating Shaggy because that relationship was wrong for her and she had unspoken difficulty with the why. There are hints about the why in that episode with the mermaid, and if you follow the entire Marcie arc it seems as clear as we could make it 10 years ago. I don’t think Marcie and Velma had time to act on their feelings during the main timeline, but post reset, they are a couple. You can not like it, but this was our intention.”

Hayley Kiyoko, who played the character in a pair of made-for-TV Scooby movies, cheered the news on Twitter.

“I remember booking Velma in 2008. It was my first big role in a movie. I also remember thinking ‘I wonder if they know they hired a lesbian as Velma’ here we are, 14 years later…… love you all so much.”

Fans also reacted with enthusiasm with one person remarking, “Halloween really is a gay people only event,” while another shared, “Velma being gay is actually massive, we’re at a point in time when this major character, full of decades-old history and fans, gets to actually be a lesbian and that’s just another part of her canon now! Sometimes we need to celebrate these wins.”

A third declared, “We have won. Velma is a lesbian with impeccable tastes.”

But not everyone was pleased with the perceived change. “They destroyed Scooby Doo with this woke LGBTQIA nonsense. Just another attempt to indoctrinate children,” one person complained.

They destroyed Scooby Doo with this woke LGBTQIA nonesense, just another attempt to indoctrinate childrne. https://t.co/C0fEX8I7WY

— TheBlackLegi0n 🇺🇸 (@TheBlackLegi0n) October 4, 2022

In another upcoming adults-only spinoff from Mindy Kaling, Velma has been reimagined as a brown-skinned crime solver.

“Hopefully you noticed my Velma is South Asian,” Kaling revealed earlier this spring. “If people freak out about that, I don’t care.”

Kaling added, “Nobody ever complained about a talking dog solving mysteries. So I don’t think they’ll be upset over a brown Velma.”

Trick or Treat Scooby-Doo! is currently available for digital rental or purchase.

mdaniell@postmedia.com
1665326007313.png

Last edited:

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Scooby-Doo's Velma is a lesbian in new Halloween movie
'OMG LESBIAN VELMA FINALLY CANON IN THE MOVIES'

Author of the article:Mark Daniell
Publishing date:Oct 05, 2022 • 3 days ago • 3 minute read • 18 Comments
Scooby-Doo’s Velma Dinkley is officially out of the closet.

Clips from a new movie Trick or Treat Scooby-Doo! went viral this week showing the nerdy Mystery Incorporated member getting tongue tied when she meets a costume designer, confirming a theory held by Scooby fans for years.

“OMG LESBIAN VELMA FINALLY CANON IN THE MOVIES,” reads one tweet that has garnered over 226,000 likes.

As Velma lays eyes on Coco Diablo, her face goes flush and she utters her famous line “jinkies.”

In another clip, Velma’s glasses melt when Diablo asks, “Do you know how rare it is for me to like someone other than myself?”

In 2020, Suicide Squad writer/director James Gunn (who previously scripted two live-action Scooby-Doo films) revealed he tried to make the bespectacled character gay but was shot down by studio execs.

“I tried! In 2001 Velma was explicitly gay in my initial script. But the studio just kept watering it down & watering it down, becoming ambiguous (the version shot), then nothing (the released version) & finally having a boyfriend (the sequel),” he tweeted, adding an annoyed emoji.

Supervising producer Tony Cervone backed up Gunn’s claims in a separate Instagram post.

“I’ve said this before, but Velma in Mystery Incorporated is not bi. She’s gay. We always planned on Velma acting a little off and out of character when she was dating Shaggy because that relationship was wrong for her and she had unspoken difficulty with the why. There are hints about the why in that episode with the mermaid, and if you follow the entire Marcie arc it seems as clear as we could make it 10 years ago. I don’t think Marcie and Velma had time to act on their feelings during the main timeline, but post reset, they are a couple. You can not like it, but this was our intention.”

Hayley Kiyoko, who played the character in a pair of made-for-TV Scooby movies, cheered the news on Twitter.

“I remember booking Velma in 2008. It was my first big role in a movie. I also remember thinking ‘I wonder if they know they hired a lesbian as Velma’ here we are, 14 years later…… love you all so much.”

Fans also reacted with enthusiasm with one person remarking, “Halloween really is a gay people only event,” while another shared, “Velma being gay is actually massive, we’re at a point in time when this major character, full of decades-old history and fans, gets to actually be a lesbian and that’s just another part of her canon now! Sometimes we need to celebrate these wins.”

A third declared, “We have won. Velma is a lesbian with impeccable tastes.”

But not everyone was pleased with the perceived change. “They destroyed Scooby Doo with this woke LGBTQIA nonsense. Just another attempt to indoctrinate children,” one person complained.

They destroyed Scooby Doo with this woke LGBTQIA nonesense, just another attempt to indoctrinate childrne. https://t.co/C0fEX8I7WY

— TheBlackLegi0n 🇺🇸 (@TheBlackLegi0n) October 4, 2022

In another upcoming adults-only spinoff from Mindy Kaling, Velma has been reimagined as a brown-skinned crime solver.

“Hopefully you noticed my Velma is South Asian,” Kaling revealed earlier this spring. “If people freak out about that, I don’t care.”

Kaling added, “Nobody ever complained about a talking dog solving mysteries. So I don’t think they’ll be upset over a brown Velma.”

Trick or Treat Scooby-Doo! is currently available for digital rental or purchase.

mdaniell@postmedia.com
View attachment 15994
thought they were all gay. 🌈 🏳️‍🌈 ;)

Reactions: petros

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
It’s a cartoon. Just offering perspective. Couldn’t care less myself (just offering perspective above as to whom this character even is), ‘cuz it’s a cartoon. Personally I think it’s funny.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
A certain sector of the population can be relied upon to burst a blood vessel if the leading or desirable characters in fiction are presented as anything but straight, White, and male.

They self-identify if you suggest that Michael B. Jordan should play Captain Kirk in the next Star Trek re-boot, or Idris Elba would make a great Bond.