2SLGBTQQIA+

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
Soon as you give an accurate number of 'perverts' in the classroom to back up your claim., Vs. the number of teachers in the US, by the way.
How many are you happy with? As far as I am concerned one is two too many. I am also not happy with religious fruitcakes and ecoterrorists teaching either.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
How many are you happy with? As far as I am concerned one is two too many. I am also not happy with religious fruitcakes and ecoterrorists teaching either.

While I'd agree one is too many, you are broadbrushing them all as if they're evil.

If you want to talk specifics, then talk specifics.

But it also brings to mind the question needs to be asked/answered - what do you mean by 'perverts'?

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
As far as this shop teacher thing goes, it’s almost like it should have its own thread to be separated from the one it’s currently in, because (just my opinion) this seems to have nothing (or very little) to do with LGBTQ….etc….or even the Trans issue, as microscopic as it is….but a blowhard daring his employer to blink even.

The best way to summarize the latest developments in the high school scandal that was seen around the world – the story of the shop class teacher who wears jumbo-sized prosthetic breasts to class – is that the school and school board are attempting to normalize the situation.

When the videos and images posted by students in Oakville went viral it became the subject of shock and debate among parents and commentators in multiple countries. The consensus opinion seems to be that, transgender issues aside, this is just a completely inappropriate way to present yourself in a classroom and it shouldn’t be allowed to continue.

One of the more troubling aspects of this whole thing is that the administration seems mostly focused on managing those who have an issue with the problem, as opposed to professionally managing the problem itself.

First, there was the original statement from the school when the story first broke that they would create a safety plan for the teacher. More recently, the Sun has seen emails sent to parents telling them that police will be on site to “ensure students are behaving and protesting responsibly and safely.”

What does this mean? It’s fine to say police will be on hand to enforce the law. But it’s not their job to ensure that people are “protesting responsibly”, whatever that even means.

It’s not a sustainable situation. The whole thing continues to be surreal.

Isn’t the solution just to deal with the underlying problem? And couldn’t that have been done by someone in authority taking the teacher aside on day one and explaining to them that while they respect gender rights or whatnot this whole outfit thing is beyond the scope of that and that they’ll have to change attire? Employment lawyers have already gone on record stating that this is an available option to the administration.

Anyway, this is all a roundabout way of saying if you want to know what the latest is on the viral prosthetic breast saga, it’s that it’s still very much going on.

Reactions: Taxslave2

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Ahhh….but with my chosen pronouns of “Captain (Ron)” or “Doctor (Ron)” I could have chartered you a boat to take your Nephew out past the 12 mile limit to get his tattoo, or just proscribed him a tattoo. Multiple solutions to the same problem!!

Maybe I could’ve written a prescription for the charter boat to take your Nephew out past the 12 mile limit…..another solution!!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Ahhh….but with my chosen pronouns of “Captain (Ron)” or “Doctor (Ron)” I could have chartered you a boat to take your Nephew out past the 12 mile limit to get his tattoo, or just proscribed him a tattoo. Multiple solutions to the same problem!!

Maybe I could’ve written a prescription for the charter boat to take your Nephew out past the 12 mile limit…..another solution!!
Ill bring the blackjack table.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
While I'd agree one is too many, you are broadbrushing them all as if they're evil.

If you want to talk specifics, then talk specifics.

But it also brings to mind the question needs to be asked/answered - what do you mean by 'perverts'?
I wasn't aware anyone had changed the meaning of pervert. But basically pedophiles.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I wasn't aware anyone had changed the meaning of pervert. But basically pedophiles.
1664730880806.jpeg

Reactions: Taxslave2

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
This all turns on the false assumption that gays and lesbians are more likely than straights to be child molesters. No matter how often that's proven false, the hysterical straight cowards love to use it to avoid facing up to the realities of child molestation.

Reactions: Serryah

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

So... again, how many pedophiles are teachers? You've broadbrushed almost all teachers under this term, you DO know that's not the case, right?

And though, again, one is too many, one also doesn't mean all. I think, then, the fear parents have about 'perverts' in the classroom - per your definition - is way, way overblown and used to enforce rules that are not protecting kids, but endangering them.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
View attachment 15908
Doesn’t really give much of a description. Actually more like a Liberal convention.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
So... again, how many pedophiles are teachers? You've broadbrushed almost all teachers under this term, you DO know that's not the case, right?

And though, again, one is too many, one also doesn't mean all. I think, then, the fear parents have about 'perverts' in the classroom - per your definition - is way, way overblown and used to enforce rules that are not protecting kids, but endangering them.
Nope, that was the Foxer that came up with a number. I continue to view 1 as too many.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
Nope, that was the Foxer that came up with a number. I continue to view 1 as too many.
I would also much prefer no psychopaths teaching either.
Here is one as best I can remember the details. You tell us if this one should have been suspended from teaching. 1980ish. Teacher I had in high school. A few years later he was principal at an elementary school. A girl that would have been gr7 in his class. I think that makes her 12, had an ongoing nothing with the teacher. When she was 15 they married, supposedidly so he wouldn’t go to jail. I am unclear whether the affair (not sure that is the right word) Started when she was in his class in or after she moved on to high school.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

Since I'm ignoring Foxer, I don't know - nor care - what number he gave.

I'm asking YOU for a number, an actual stat, of pedophile/perverts who are teachers.

I agree that 1 is 1 too many, but that's not the point. You are broadbrushing ALL teachers as perverts.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I would also much prefer no psychopaths teaching either.
Here is one as best I can remember the details. You tell us if this one should have been suspended from teaching. 1980ish. Teacher I had in high school. A few years later he was principal at an elementary school. A girl that would have been gr7 in his class. I think that makes her 12, had an ongoing nothing with the teacher. When she was 15 they married, supposedidly so he wouldn’t go to jail. I am unclear whether the affair (not sure that is the right word) Started when she was in his class in or after she moved on to high school.

That wasn't a psychopath, that was a pedophile. A "pervert" as you called them. (though he could'a been psychopathic too, who knows)

Also not denying this kind of power dynamic/abuse happens; it absolutely does.

But it is NOT common and it is NOT every teacher like you keep insisting.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Since I'm ignoring Foxer, I don't know - nor care - what number he gave.

I'm asking YOU for a number, an actual stat, of pedophile/perverts who are teachers.

I agree that 1 is 1 too many, but that's not the point. You are broadbrushing ALL teachers as perverts.
Plug your ears and you will not hear Foxer . LaLaLa I can’t hear you .

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
That wasn't a psychopath, that was a pedophile. A "pervert" as you called them. (though he could'a been psychopathic too, who knows)

Also not denying this kind of power dynamic/abuse happens; it absolutely does.

But it is NOT common and it is NOT every teacher like you keep insisting.
I agree, it's not common. But when the other teachers and school boards either put up with or ignore this, that's when there is a problem. It's kind of like the cops and their thin blue line.