Gunman opens fire at U.S. church, kills two

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
And yet, England still restricts the possesion of firearms much like how Canada does.... I don't see a relation that justifies your cause, since I don't remember hearing of as many gun related crimes in the UK as there are in the US.

But there is a vast spike in knife crimes that evens it out.

In that sense banning guns was a waste since now people just get stabbed instead of shot.

Gun crime is irrelevant, crime is the problem. Unless of course the crime ONLY happens due to guns, but that has been shown to not be the case. Lots of violent crime happened before guns.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Ok, then I will present the question, yet again:

• Does anybody agree that there is a problem within the US in paticular when it comes to Gun Related Crimes?
• If yes, what do you propose would be a possible solution to the problem?

I'm not diggin you out Eagle when I say this, but in general, it's like pulling teeth with a suction cup around here when it comes to getting a straight answer to a simple question.

Might help to understand we all have different backgrounds and have thoughts that differ from yours. If you're not getting answers that you want, maybe you're asking the wrong questions.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
But there is a vast spike in knife crimes that evens it out.

In that sense banning guns was a waste since now people just get stabbed instead of shot.

Gun crime is irrelevant, crime is the problem. Unless of course the crime ONLY happens due to guns, but that has been shown to not be the case. Lots of violent crime happened before guns.
Do you hear of mass stabbings like you do of mass shootings????

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Might help to understand we all have different backgrounds and have thoughts that differ from yours. If you're not getting answers that you want, maybe you're asking the wrong questions.

Holy sweet jesus you just keep proving the point don't you?

I'm not getting the answers, because you're too slack assed to give an answer.

Here.... let me go Pre-School on you for a moment so you can understand:

• Does anybody agree that there is a problem within the US in paticular when it comes to Gun Related Crimes?

^ See, this can be either a simple Yes or a simple No.

If the question as it currently is presented gives you an impression in that little noggin of yours that there isn't a problem, then your answer would be "No" and thus, you no longer really need to continue in the debate because you just expressed your opinion.

Not that difficult.

^ This here is a secondary question which follows up the first question if your answer was "Yes." there can be two different types of answers for this question..... either:

A) - I don't Know
B) - I have an idea and here it is.....

Sorry, but I can't make it anymore simplistic then that for you..... and if that is still too complicated for you, then perhaps for your own safety you should put on some thick mittins with strings attached to one another and step away from the computer.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
...and you're too bloody stupid to understand one if it came up and smacked your troll face. There is a problem everywhere there is gun related crime. Possible solution? Death penalty.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Do you hear of mass stabbings like you do of mass shootings????
Yes actually, there are knife rampages quite frequently, as well as poison gas and explosives made from household cleaners, oh, and mass shootings from illegal guns.

If making something illegal stopped it, then there wouldn't be mass shooting regardless of guns laws, because mass shootings are illegal.

If you can't keep drugs out of the country how on earth do you think your going to keep guns out?

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Praxius.

Seriously, your framing a question so that the only possible solution is "you agree with me"

So I'll answer yours if you answer mine:

•Does anybody agree that there is a problem within Canada in paticular when it comes to the inability to defend ones person and loved ones?

I'll start by answering mine:

Yes and treating citizens as intelligent adults until proven otherwise.

then you can answer this "totally non-biased question" and i'll answer your equally "non-biased" question.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
...and you're too bloody stupid to understand one if it came up and smacked your troll face.

You want to bitch about trolling? Who's the dumb ass who hasn't even responded in anyway towards the topic or even the original news report and has continually focused on personal insults and attacks on how someone posts?

There is a problem everywhere there is gun related crime. Possible solution? Death penalty.

There.... see that wasn't so difficult was it? Now we can talk about how effective the death penalty concept may or may not work and the conversation can go forward.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
You want to bitch about trolling? Who's the dumb ass who hasn't even responded in anyway towards the topic or even the original news report and has continually focused on personal insults and attacks on how someone posts?

There.... see that wasn't so difficult was it? Now we can talk about how effective the death penalty concept may or may not work and the conversation can go forward.

You CAN read can't you? Scroll back. My guess is you might know how to do that too. Hint: The thread opens on Page 1. You should be able to figure it out from there. Page 2, Page 3 etc.... Enjoy your crow.

Personal insults? You ARE one.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Praxius.

Seriously, your framing a question so that the only possible solution is "you agree with me"

No, I'm not.... you can answer anyway you wish, just as how Lone Wolf eventually did after two pages of bitching and moaning.

So I'll answer yours if you answer mine:

•Does anybody agree that there is a problem within Canada in paticular when it comes to the inability to defend ones person and loved ones?

Personally no. I say no, because I have been able to defend myself as I felt necissary, as well as able to defend those I care or used to care for in the past. I have been in multiple situations through my life where I needed to defend myself, and I never had to rely on a firearm to do so. Even in my own assault case against 5 guys, after explaining the entire situation to the police officers, I was never charged or talked down to, or given a lecture on how badly I smashed in a few faces.... they just turned to me and said they would have done the exact same thing.

Then again, growing up around soldiers and RCMP all the time, I do know what I can and can not get away with.

Since my answer was No, there is no need to continue to answer this question.

I'll start by answering mine:

Yes and treating citizens as intelligent adults until proven otherwise.

then you can answer this "totally non-biased question" and i'll answer your equally "non-biased" question.

Well as you can see, I have no issue answering anybody's questions.... and hopefully my example of answering your question may shed some light on the variety of answers you are able to give to my question(s).

Now it's your turn.

All I ask is for opinions and concepts, not whether you agree with me or not..... as that is your right to decide for yourself.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
You CAN read can't you? Scroll back. My guess is you might know how to do that too. Hint: The thread opens on Page 1. You should be able to figure it out from there. Page 2, Page 3 etc.... Enjoy your crow.

Personal insults? You ARE one.

From Troll to a Crow.... next it'll be a Toe, then a lump of Coal I imagine.

And so long as my existence insults you, then my purpose in life is complete..... grow some thicker skin princess.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
WOW!

This thread went downhill fast.

I quit when I realized that Praxius is a hopeless statist..........no sense arguing with him, I believe in the rights of the individual, he believes in the rights of the State....there is no chance of reconciliation on those grounds.

i could write a damn book on how the recognition of individual rights was forced on the state, and how the degradation of those rights will be the undoing of our free society, but I'd be wasting my time......so

I'm outta here.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
From Troll to a Crow.... next it'll be a Toe, then a lump of Coal I imagine.

And so long as my existence insults you, then my purpose in life is complete..... grow some thicker skin princess.

How clever.... You must have read the Cat in the Hat at least once to figure out rhyme.... Now here's another. Let's see if you're intelligent enough to figure out a common phrase you've probably heard very many times that rhymes with duck and cough....

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
WOW!

This thread went downhill fast.

I quit when I realized that Praxius is a hopeless statist..........no sense arguing with him, I believe in the rights of the individual, he believes in the rights of the State....there is no chance of reconciliation on those grounds.

And this is also what happens when someone leaves a debate and then comes back after a few pages.... they miss most of what was said and then they pull out their own assumptions out of their arse as to what occured.

Just because I'm not too keen on the concept of every joe blow having a gun on them as I walk down the street, doesn't make me a Statist or whatever name you can think of. Where I live, nobody has needed the requirement of possessing a gun in public for their own safety, and I see no practicallity for people to start carrying them where I live now.

And if the society in which I live in right now, in my little spot on the planet, can live perfectly fine (For the most part) without everybody having to be loaded up with guns, and in continual fear of being attacked..... oh and the current system is working..... then I see no justification for other places needing them as a right to protect them.

Oh, and you don't have to agree with what I'm saying.... just in case I might have sent you some subliminal message in my writting forcing you the agree. If you are compelled to agree with my opinion because it just makes more logical sense then the other side of the argument, well that's just truth working it's magic. :p Then again, maybe it's not.... once again, it all depends on your own perspective, which you are free to decide for yourself.

You don't see me with a gun to your head forcing you to agree with me do you? (pun intended)

i could write a damn book on how the recognition of individual rights was forced on the state, and how the degradation of those rights will be the undoing of our free society, but I'd be wasting my time......so

I'm outta here.

Huh? You're arguing the individual rights of one country, which never were the case in this country, which remain in the other country, as being trampled on and will doom us from a free society, all for the sake of concepts that might reduce the availability of firearms for everyone, including the people screwed up in the head?

Canada has never had the rights to bear arms in our foundation like the US has, and yet we seem to be doing pretty well for ourselves overall..... yet because we don't have a written down right to own firearms, Canada is a Police State, or those who don't feel they're necissary are Statists?

See.... now who's generalizing?

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Get a fk'n clue will you... in fact, open your fk'n eyes and the clues just pour out.
Get your own clue. You want to be abusive, head off to the cage or keep civil posting habits.

I'm not talking about hunting purposes.... ffs stick with the god damn program of what's being debated.
Jeeez you swear a lot. You have problems with a short vocabulary?

There are gun restrictions and gun laws here in Canada, and we're all still fully capable of hunting or shooting animals depending on the situation. Nobodys talking about taking away your precious right to kill harmless animals for your own pleasure.
I have lived in or near the bush my whole life and I have never seen a harmless animal yet. Even your poor, "harmless" chipmink can carry diseases. Your poor, harmless little bambis can kick the crap out of the average man.

Oh and guess what? There are many other, more simple and cost effective ways of dealing with animal pests who cross into your property besides shooting and killing them.
Sometimes there are. I loaded the backside of a blackbear with two salt rounds from my shotgun. He hasn't been back since. But if you'd like to come show me how to deal with a cougar in my chicken pen without killing it, I would be very interested.

But I guess that's the simple and quick answer for the like of you.
You haven't got a clue as to "the like of me".

Oh.... and as it seems as though I continually have to repeat myself because of fk'wits like you who like to argue in the black & white....... and I'll try and make it very clear and easy for you to read:

I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT TAKING AWAY YOUR PRECIOUS GUNS MAGGOT![/quote]there you are, back to the dullwitted lack of vocabulary. Using namecalling to win your arguments just like a 5 year old in a sandbox. tsk tsk tsk
Apparently you can't seem to make up your mind what you are talking about. First, you make a comment about the frequency of people getting shot in churches. Then you bring up gun laws. People make analogies to other things that kill and you throw more tantrums. Then you flipflop and tell us you didn't like a thread being hijacked after you hijack it yourself. Then when people call you on it, you throw more tantrums. I really feel sorry for you, Prax. I wish I could help your condition but I can't suggest a solution other than your staying away from posters who don't accept your version of things.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
And all your intelligent examples were all related to killing.... smooth move Ex-Lax.
Apparently you missed the posts where I told you that target rifles and the like are not designed for killing. There are tons of replica firearms out there that are designed for display purposes only. But you seem to be so blinded by your own bias that you can't think objectively. I feel sorry for you.