10 Commandments in schools

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Good results? I mean Hitler and Stalin were huge dog lovers. I love dogs, so...
Yes positive results . Do your research , most students had a positive experience . Where did the native lawyers that push the narrative get their education ?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Yes, disparity exists everywhere.

What the difference is people like you claim disparity is ALL there is, when in reality it IS evidence of, if not actual implementation of, racism.
Are you stupid or something? South Korea is a wealthy nation with rich and poor Koreans. Japan is a wealthy nation with rich and poor Japanese. Are you fucking suggesting for one minute that the disparities there are due to the implementation of racism? There's studies that prove that birth order has more impact on whether you're a 'have' or 'have not' person. There's shit-tons of White people in Canada (and the US) who are poor and are denied opportunities as well. Is that because of "institutional racism"?

In Canada guess who tops all the socio-economic performance lists? Asians. Primarily Japanese, Korean and Chinese. Seems odd in a "White supremist" country with active "systemic racism" that Whitey would let Asians do better than White people. I guess the "White supremist" powers that be consider them to be "honorary Whites", eh?

So in reality, the difference is people like you claim that racism is the ONLY reason for disparity.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Are you stupid or something? South Korea is a wealthy nation with rich and poor Koreans. Japan is a wealthy nation with rich and poor Japanese. Are you fucking suggesting for one minute that the disparities there are due to the implementation of racism? There's studies that prove that birth order has more impact on whether you're a 'have' or 'have not' person. There's shit-tons of White people in Canada (and the US) who are poor and are denied opportunities as well. Is that because of "institutional racism"?

In Canada guess who tops all the socio-economic performance lists? Asians. Primarily Japanese, Korean and Chinese. Seems odd in a "White supremist" country with active "systemic racism" that Whitey would let Asians do better than White people. I guess the "White supremist" powers that be consider them to be "honorary Whites", eh?

So in reality, the difference is people like you claim that racism is the ONLY reason for disparity.
See, Serryah? Here we have ABSOLUTE PROOF that the existence of economic diversity negates the possibility of racism!

So a society that has rich people and slaves, and the slaves are, by law, all of one race, isn't racist because there is economic diversity!

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
See, Serryah? Here we have ABSOLUTE PROOF that the existence of economic diversity negates the possibility of racism!

So a society that has rich people and slaves, and the slaves are, by law, all of one race, isn't racist because there is economic diversity!

Well to be fair, I never expected Jinny to get it. They're bound and determined to deny everything except their own version of reality.

• Haha
Reactions: Taxslave2

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

I guarantee she has never met a racist. Bigots yes but a true racist, fuck no. I've only met one in my lifetime. Just one.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
First of all, thank you.

Welcome?

Secondly, I fully acknowledge that we are evolving. You may think, Retired Canadian Soldier, he's probably some misogynistic toxic masculine ultra right-wing homophobic redneck who tortures squirrels, with dental floss.

Well, not really no. I DO think you're transphobic, sure but I haven't figured out if it's out of ignorance, willfull denial of the reality of who and what trans people are, or you are just an asshole.

I'm not, I swear I am not, all of my issues arise with the people who throw out these labels because you don't agree with their particular stance.

On that I can, again, agree with you.

I didn't label you transphobic until you proved it.

I am a writer, maybe not on the level of Stephen King or Margaret Atwood, but I still know a lot of people in the writing community some are international bestselling authors. There are tons of people who live alternative lifestyles in that writing. I don't care who you screw, how you dress, whether you believe in an afterlife, or don't, and if you dig same sex, cool, if you dig dressing as the sex other than the one you were born with, I'm fine with that. I'm not going to talk behind my hand, "Get a load of this..." I am not built that way. If you are that committed, it's your body and life. Heck, a screenwriter for Star Trek invited me to his same-sex wedding, and had I not been working I would have been there because he is a beautiful human being. I knew him for two years before I found out he was gay, because it had nothing to do with our friendship or or our professional relationship as writers. He plugged one of my books, he is a writer I regularly endorse.

I'm a writer too though not published.

The rest of that... you say it and yet... you make exceptions.

The problem is that people assume because you don't agree with a particular stance, that you're an automatic hater.

There's not agreeing, then there's demanding that because you don't agree, that others now have to follow with your opinion/what you DO agree with.

Something that frightens me about cancel culture

Cancel culture... and who does the cancelling?

Hint: it doesn't include just one side.

is this, they are using phrases like, "words can be violent and hurtful," therefore we need to suppress such language.

As someone who has had to deal emotionally for YEARS with the things people have said - aka used words that were violent and hurtful - I can admit I'm back and forth on this issue.

On the one hand, hurtful and violent words do as much damage, if not more, than physical abuse. Violent and hurtful words can destroy the mentality of a person like maybe no one can get, unless they've suffered that. I STILL deal with things that were said to me years and years ago. And it varies in the type of people it was from, from bullies to an abuser. So yes, the old saying "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me" is a fucking lie we told our kids so parents and they would never have to deal with the repercussions of such words, because talking about emotions and feelings is still seen as wrong somehow, even today.

But on the flip side, if we want people to be able to speak freely and avoid such hurtful and violent language going underground where it can fester and become a growth that'll take over everything because there's no one to deny it or fight it, we have to let the assholes speak, as it were.

So right there, I'm out, even horrible language must be protected from the creeping malaise of do-gooders. There's plenty of examples where we've built a highway to hell with the best of intentions.

Which is why I'm for the balance of both - sure, say your shit, do whatever, but do NOT expect to be free from CONSEQUENCES of what you say, including being vilified, including behind berated back to and all the other 'fun stuff' that people seem not to like, but sure as shit love to say themselves. Take the trans example - want to be anti-trans, sure, go for it. But the moment you start to demand that because YOU think being trans is 'wrong' and that health care for trans people - kids or adults - is also wrong and should be denied, THEN you are stepping into the realm of words going beyond just words.

Or take this 10 commandments thing, just to keep things on topic: the religious in the US believe that having the 10 commandments is going to somehow be "Good" for kids. Now if there wasn't an actual separation of church and state implied in the US, then I can disagree all I want but that's all I can do. Since there is an implied separation, those same 10 commandments either need to be removed, or those who made this regulation now have to allow other faiths/beliefs to put up THEIR equal statements - commandments, priorities, sayings, whatever - to be equal.

But in saying all that, it doesn't mean I hate Christians. It just means they can't legally do this and think that ONLY their version of the 10 commandments gets to stay.

Or let's use another - the war in Israel/Palestine. I get called Jew Hater all the time by certain cretins here. I don't hate Jews, I hate what the current Jewish Government is doing to the innocent people of Palestine. I'm all for them going after Hamas, even all for wiping them out. But too many have also been too public about saying they want to destroy ALL Gaza and kill or push out ALL Palestinians.

Meanwhile, the same assholes have a field day going off about Palestinians because of their faith or because they're from Gaza and thus somehow are equal to Hamas and continually prove their bigotry and bias (since they don't call out Israel for ANY of it's war crimes).

It's not that they are bigoted even against Palestine that has me push back on their bullshit, it's their hypocrisy when it comes to Israel and giving them a free pass.
So I try to be as balanced as I can be when it comes to shit like this.

Last thing, just because someone says I disagree does not mean they harbor malice.

There's disagreeing, then there's proving that their disagreeing means that, as I said, we now have to do what that person said, BECAUSE they disagree.

And THAT is where the 'malice' comes in.

Anyway, that's it.
Cheers.

May your week go well, RCS.

Much as you frustrate the absolute fuck out of me sometimes in discussions, I do rather like them regardless.

• Haha

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Or take this 10 commandments thing, just to keep things on topic: the religious in the US believe that having the 10 commandments is going to somehow be "Good" for kids. Now if there wasn't an actual separation of church and state implied in the US, then I can disagree all I want but that's all I can do. Since there is an implied separation, those same 10 commandments either need to be removed, or those who made this regulation now have to allow other faiths/beliefs to put up THEIR equal statements - commandments, priorities, sayings, whatever - to be equal.
Which of the 10 commandments do you find makes your feelings bleed the hardest from their violent nature? Can we find actual laws based on these violent white supremiscist 10 commandments? Why?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Which of the 10 commandments do you find makes your feelings bleed the hardest from their violent nature? Can we find actual laws based on these violent white supremiscist 10 commandments? Why?
Though shall not kill . Pretty far right Christian sentiments here . Can’t have shit like that poisoning childrens minds .

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons

And here we have Tec making shit up as he goes along almost as if he can't comprehend what's being discussed. What society has slaves that are, by law, all one race? G'head, we can wait. And please don't say Colonial America because that will simply prove you know jack shit.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Well to be fair, I never expected Jinny to get it. They're bound and determined to deny everything except their own version of reality.
It's called history, Toots. Maybe try learning some. G'head, explain to this forum how Asians being the top performers in Canada (and the US) is indicative of White supremist "systemic racism". It's pretty clear the only idiots who don't get it are the Marxism spewing twats who keep screaming how everything is racist. Math is racist. Movie fans are racist. Climate change is racist (and sexist too, apparently).
Non-White people are elected to public office. How in the fuck does that happen in a supposedly "systemically racist society"? Can't wait to hear your explanation for that one.

Idiots like you are bound and determined to deny everything that doesn't conform to your ideological beliefs. But I don't expect you to get it. You either lack the intelligence to understand it or you're being willfully ignorant.

I also like how you cowardly didn't address the points in my last post and instead just dog piled on to Tec's idiotic "lawyering". Too bad you're such an intellectual coward. I showed you how disparity doesn't necessarily have anything to do with racism but your simple-minded opinion seems to be that racism is the ONLY cause for disparity. You outright refuse to even acknowledge there are other reasons/causes for disparity. Nope, it's just racism and only racism according to you and Tec.

And yet here you are whining and moaning about denialism. :ROFLMAO: Goddam you're stupid AF. Not to mention hilariously hypocritical.

• Haha
Reactions: Serryah

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It's called history, Toots. Maybe try learning some. G'head, explain to this forum how Asians being the top performers in Canada (and the US) is indicative of White supremist "systemic racism". It's pretty clear the only idiots who don't get it are the Marxism spewing twats who keep screaming how everything is racist. Math is racist. Movie fans are racist. Climate change is racist (and sexist too, apparently).
Non-White people are elected to public office. How in the fuck does that happen in a supposedly "systemically racist society"? Can't wait to hear your explanation for that one.

Idiots like you are bound and determined to deny everything that doesn't conform to your ideological beliefs. But I don't expect you to get it. You either lack the intelligence to understand it or you're being willfully ignorant.

I also like how you cowardly didn't address the points in my last post and instead just dog piled on to Tec's idiotic "lawyering". Too bad you're such an intellectual coward. I showed you how disparity doesn't necessarily have anything to do with racism but your simple-minded opinion seems to be that racism is the ONLY cause for disparity. You outright refuse to even acknowledge there are other reasons/causes for disparity. Nope, it's just racism and only racism according to you and Tec.

And yet here you are whining and moaning about denialism. :ROFLMAO: Goddam you're stupid AF. Not to mention hilariously hypocritical.
Shitty parenting is the #1 reason people fail at life.