2SLGBTQQIA+

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Quit screwing around with the language. When they're little kids, they're "tomboys" or "delicate."

When they get older, they're "dykes" and "fags."

How can we express our sheer terror of them without abusive language?

• Haha
Reactions: Serryah

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Yep. Time was it was so "normal" to understand that Black people were inherently inferior to White people that medical textbooks and encyclopediae contained long, abstruse explanations on exactly why Black people were inferior.

They were right next to the long, abstruse explanations on exactly why women were inherently inferior to men.

Explanations that are still cited by the far right.

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Yep. Time was it was so "normal" to understand that Black people were inherently inferior to White people that medical textbooks and encyclopediae contained long, abstruse explanations on exactly why Black people were inferior.

They were right next to the long, abstruse explanations on exactly why women were inherently inferior to men.

What year is it?

PS...Black people still can't swim.

Use google before calling me a racist.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton

I would hope that most of us have evolved from past our transgressions and admittedly there are those who haven't - a minority I suspect & we need to keep calling them out. But by keeping on reviving the past such that we can't look forward to a much better future is a major issue with today's world - keep dragging up the past so we can't look to the future. This doesn't mean not erasing our past, but learning from it, and accusing the vast majority of past crimes they had nothing to do with certainly doesn't seem to be the way forward in my estimation.

Reactions: harrylee and petros

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
But by keeping on reviving the past such that we can't look forward to a much better future is a major issue with today's world - keep dragging up the past so we can't look to the future. This doesn't mean not erasing our past, but learning from it, and accusing the vast majority of past crimes they had nothing to do with certainly doesn't seem to be the way forward in my estimation.
It's not a crime to regard non-White people or women as inferior to White people and men.

"Those who forget the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them."
--George Santayana

Reactions: Serryah