2SLGBTQQIA+

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The Texas Supreme Court on Friday temporarily halted an order allowing a woman who is 20 weeks pregnant to get an abortion — reversing a lower-court ruling that marks the first case of a pregnant woman seeking a court order for the procedure since Roe v. Wade was overturned last year.
Article

And the laughs just keep on comin'.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Again, usually avoid this thread, but this talks about “Trans Genocide” in Canada:

This one appeared in a CBC headline in 2015, when the network brought on U.S. academic Tarynn Witten to speak of a “quiet genocide” against trans people. The basic charge being that anything short of total societal affirmation for trans identities constituted an attempt to erase the community’s existence.

Back then, the idea of a “trans genocide” was controversial enough that producers brought on Bernie Farber, former head of the Canadian Jewish Congress., to dispute the notion that allegations of inequitable treatment were sufficient to constitute genocide.

But any such hedging on the term has gradually fallen away as it has become a fixture on protest signs and academic literature. References to trans genocide even appeared in a 2022 report by Canada’s Department of Justice.

In a legal profile of “Trans, Two-Spirit, and Non-Binary People,” authors referenced a paper co-authored by Witten entitled The Next Strange Fruit—Hate Crimes, Violence and Genocide Against the Global Trans Communities.”

The paper was cited as a source for the line “researchers have found that trans people are exposed to various forms of discrimination and violence in interpersonal and institutional contexts.”

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Again, usually avoid this thread, but this talks about “Trans Genocide” in Canada:

This one appeared in a CBC headline in 2015, when the network brought on U.S. academic Tarynn Witten to speak of a “quiet genocide” against trans people. The basic charge being that anything short of total societal affirmation for trans identities constituted an attempt to erase the community’s existence.

Back then, the idea of a “trans genocide” was controversial enough that producers brought on Bernie Farber, former head of the Canadian Jewish Congress., to dispute the notion that allegations of inequitable treatment were sufficient to constitute genocide.

But any such hedging on the term has gradually fallen away as it has become a fixture on protest signs and academic literature. References to trans genocide even appeared in a 2022 report by Canada’s Department of Justice.

In a legal profile of “Trans, Two-Spirit, and Non-Binary People,” authors referenced a paper co-authored by Witten entitled The Next Strange Fruit—Hate Crimes, Violence and Genocide Against the Global Trans Communities.”

The paper was cited as a source for the line “researchers have found that trans people are exposed to various forms of discrimination and violence in interpersonal and institutional contexts.”

In the context of trying to "wipe out" the existence of Trans people, yeah, there is a trans genocide going on.

When you have governments legislating that trans kids can't be referred to their names of their gender, when you have them legislating (in the US) that trans kids can't get ANY trans related care, when the "Wait until they're 18!" is proven to be a bunch of bullshit and it is all about the extermination (said openly and publicly) of "transgenderism" then yeah, that's genocide.

"The paper was cited as a source for the line “researchers have found that trans people are exposed to various forms of discrimination and violence in interpersonal and institutional contexts.”" Yeah, and it's been that way for a long time. You don't think they are?

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I was skimming news in my time zone this morning about 5:30 AM (I think the default time listing on this site is Ontario)…& I saw something that mentioned Trans genocide so I copy and pasted it without actually reading it beyond the skim…& and went onto other stuff until the coffee kicked in.

I’ll have to go back and reread it myself. Maybe it was 6:30 AM on a Monday morning… I’ll check this later and see if this timestamp says it’s on my lunch break.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
In the context of trying to "wipe out" the existence of Trans people, yeah, there is a trans genocide going on.

When you have governments legislating that trans kids can't be referred to their names of their gender, when you have them legislating (in the US) that trans kids can't get ANY trans related care, when the "Wait until they're 18!" is proven to be a bunch of bullshit and it is all about the extermination (said openly and publicly) of "transgenderism" then yeah, that's genocide.

"The paper was cited as a source for the line “researchers have found that trans people are exposed to various forms of discrimination and violence in interpersonal and institutional contexts.”" Yeah, and it's been that way for a long time. You don't think they are?
Extermination? Genocide?

You sure its not just "facing societal hurddles of concern in regards to pre-pubescent and post pubescent people under the age of majority SAFELY transitioning"?

Reactions: Dixie Cup

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Again,In a legal profile of “Trans, Two-Spirit, and Non-Binary People,” authors referenced a paper co-authored by Witten entitled The Next Strange Fruit—Hate Crimes, Violence and Genocide Against the Global Trans Communities.”

Ok, CBC used a paper from 2022 to pull the line above from. I guess depending on how the word “Genocide” is being used, or overused like “Racist” or “Racism” the Trans Community is being Genocide’d just like the native community with their thousands of non-mass-graves so far inside old cemeteries, or pipelines are Genocide’ing Aboriginal culture, or Global Warming or Changing is Genocide’ing someone somewhere, or a lack of Harm Reduction (?) with respect to free Fentanyl and clean methamphetamines is Genocide’ing other people that want or don’t want drugs for nothing and their significant others for free, etc…

I wouldn’t call that Genocide myself, but I stumbled across the term this morning and thought those interested in this thread could debate this. I’d hate to uses the Jews & Hitler as my basis for a definition of Genocide…. But that’s what I picture when I think of genocide.
1702320434357.jpeg
There’s probably another definition somewhere that makes it fit for the Trans Community in Canada, but I’ve gotta be back to work at 11 minutes so I’ve gotta run.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
One issue for me is the changing of definitions. Genocide (like Ron mentioned) is rather overused just like race. Trans people are not being killed in a massacre nor are they being killed for racial purposes. In fact, most are suicides because we're not addressing their mental health.

IF they are really into transitioning, I don't have an issue if they're competent to make their own decisions. Unfortunately, when it comes to children, they are NOT competent and should have counselling before (or at least until) they reach an age whereby they CAN make their own decision and be content with their choice.

I've been reading & hearing is that a LOT of them regret their choices BECAUSE THEY WERE GIVEN FALSE INFORMATION!! In other words, they were lied to. And who would do that? Hmmm, I wonder....

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
You don't think Europeans intended to destroy the culture, religions, ways, languages, and identity of the various tribes they encountered?
Oh for sure (unless this question was directed at Dixie Cup?), but I used it in the context of the residential school mass graves genocide that’s currently being thrown around, except for the mass graves at residential schools thing.

That’s still might turn up somewhere but it hasn’t yet, at least so far to go with the accusations.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Oh for sure (unless this question was directed at Dixie Cup?), but I used it in the context of the residential school mass graves genocide that’s currently being thrown around, except for the mass graves at residential schools thing.

That’s still might turn up somewhere but it hasn’t yet, at least so far to go with the accusations.
No, it was to you.

OK, first. . . the term "genocide" has been so overused that what was once the ultimate, intolerable crime is now just a stupid-ass talking point.

That said, given the clear genocide of the indigenous by the Europeans, I think I'll give a little leeway to people who declare any wrongful act directed toward the indigenous by the Europeans to be genocide. When a German wearing a uniform and a Hackenkreuz kills a Jew, maybe that individual act wasn't part of the genocide. Coulda been over a debt, or a woman, or just drunk. But I'm willing to figure it probably was.

As far as mass graves go, I'm holding my fire. Maybe it's all bullshit. Or maybe, just maybe. . . the authorities running the schools didn't keep real accurate records. When there's no accountability, as there wasn't for decades surrounding the Indian schools, rumour and speculation is all ya got.

Reactions: Serryah

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

And let's not forget history.

When a German far-righter beats up a Jew in 2023, there's a context there. When a government or a political party, or their members, go after a trans person, they import all the cruel official laws and actions of the country in the past.

Reactions: Serryah