Joe Biden

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Joe Biden's long-awaited Canada visit to happen March 23-24
Why now? Really?
WASHINGTON — U.S. President Joe Biden will travel to Ottawa on March 23 to meet with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on Canadian soil, his first visit north of the border since taking the oath of office in 2021.
Much like Obama endorsing Trudeau during an election (twice, once in 2019 & again in 2021), Biden is to visit Canada soon for his First visit now/soon…? Why now?
The president and his wife Jill Biden will spend two days in Canada, the White House confirmed Thursday, although a detailed itinerary has not yet been released.
Because it’s not important…the photo-op & endorsement is….
The two leaders will discuss ongoing upgrades to the aging, jointly led Norad continental defence system, which came under heavy scrutiny last month when a Chinese surveillance balloon drifted through U.S. and Canadian airspace.
Smoke & Mirrors.
….A visit to Canada is customarily one of a new U.S. president’s first foreign trips, a tradition upended two years ago by the COVID-19 pandemic. Like the rest of the world at the time, the two leaders settled for a virtual meeting instead.
Blah, blah-blah….both PM & President have been all over the globe…so why now?
Delayed though it may be, it will be an important bilateral meeting for both countries, said Scotty Greenwood, CEO of the Canadian American Business Council.

“It’s an occasion which focuses a bureaucracy on the breadth and depth of bilateral and multilateral issues and that’s a really good thing, because it causes everybody here to focus on Canada,” Greenwood said.
It’s a photo-op to show that Trudeau is still an asset to the current American Administration just like it is to the Chinese one. Trudeau is in trouble, and that explains the timing.
“It also allows the president himself to think about and reflect on Canada in the context of all the other global relationships the U.S. has, and that can be a very good thing.”
Like the Five…I mean Three Eyes, etc…
As always, the two leaders have a lot to talk about — Except for this President’s term —…The White House said “irregular migration and forced displacement throughout the region” would be on the agenda, but offered no other details. The PMO mentioned only “immigration.” Neither mentioned the treaty.
That’s because this is background justification like Haiti or Electric Cars, etc…
He (Obama or Biden? Either/or) cheered Canada’s role in defending and strengthening what he called a “liberal international order” amid the rise of authoritarianism around the world, perhaps sensing what the next four years (implying Trump) had in store.
Trudeau was irrelevant as long as he played his roll, but he’s in real trouble beyond his “normal” continuous scandals and a prop-up now might make him seem more relevant to an actual democracy.
“We’re going to get through this period because we’re Americans and Canadians, and so had I a glass I’d toast you by saying, ‘Vive le Canada,’ because we need you very, very badly.”
Like China, currently America wants a certain pliable Canada lead by a certain pliable non-transparent impotent circus of a political party…thus the timing…from the guy who cancelled Keystone XL on his first day in office, etc…

Reactions: Taxslave2

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
White House says Biden is 'fine' after he fell on stage at Air Force graduation
Author of the article:Associated Press
Associated Press
Darlene Superville
Published Jun 01, 2023 • 2 minute read
President Joe Biden is helped up after falling
President Joe Biden is helped up after falling during the graduation ceremony at the United States Air Force Academy in El Paso County, Colorado, on June 1, 2023. PHOTO BY BRENDAN SMIALOWSKI /AFP via Getty Images
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — President Joe Biden fell on stage at the U.S. Air Force Academy graduation Thursday and the White House said he was “fine” after tripping over a sandbag.

Biden had been greeting the graduates in Colorado Springs, Colorado, at the front of the stage with salutes and handshakes, and turned to jog back toward his seat when he fell. He was helped up by an Air Force officer as well as two members of his U.S. Secret Service detail.

Onlookers, including some members of the official delegation on stage, watched in concern before Biden, who at age 80 is the oldest president in U.S. history, returned to his seat to view the end of the ceremony.

“He’s fine,” tweeted White House communications director Ben LaBolt. “There was a sandbag on stage while he was shaking hands.” Two small black sandbags were on stage supporting the teleprompter used by Biden and other speakers.

Biden has been dogged by questions about his age and his fitness to serve, and his missteps have become fodder for political rivals as he campaigns for a second term in 2024. He has stumbled before going up the stairs and onto Air Force One and he once got caught up in his bike pedals while stopping to talk to reporters near his home in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware.

Biden’s personal doctor said after the president’s most recent physical exam in February that Biden “remains a healthy, vigorous 80-year-old male, who is fit to successfully execute the duties of the Presidency.” Dr. Kevin O’Connor also documented the president’s stiffened gait, which O’Connor said was the result of spinal arthritis, a previously broken foot and neuropathy in the Biden’s feet.

Biden is far from the first national political figure to stumble in public.

President Gerald Ford fell down while walking off Air Force One in 1975. GOP Sen. Bob Dole of Kansas, the GOP presidential nominee at the time, fell off the stage at a campaign rally in 1996. President Barack Obama tripped walking up the stairs to a stage at a 2012 event. “I was so fired up, I missed a stair” he told the crowd.

President Donald Trump’s gingerly walk down a ramp at the 2020 West Point commencement also sparked concerns about his health.

Trump, 76, was campaigning in Iowa when he heard about Biden’s stumble and alluded to his own episode.

“He actually fell down? Well I hope he wasn’t hurt,” Trump said after an audience member told him about what had happened to Biden. “The whole thing is crazy. You gotta be careful about that … ’cause you don’t want that, even if you have to tiptoe down a ramp.”

The audience laughed as Trump recounted slowly inching his way down what he said had been a slippery ramp at the U.S. Military Academy graduation.

“If he fell, it’s too bad,” the former president said. “We gotta just get this thing back on track. That’s a bad place to fall when you’re making, I think it was the Air Force Academy, right? That’s not inspiring.”
1685809395028.png

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Associated Press
Darlene Superville
President Joe Biden is helped up after falling during the graduation ceremony at the United States Air Force Academy in El Paso County, Colorado, on June 1, 2023. PHOTO BY BRENDAN SMIALOWSKI /AFP via Getty Images
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — President Joe Biden fell on stage at the U.S. Air Force Academy graduation Thursday and the White House said he was “fine” after tripping over a sandbag.

Biden had been greeting the graduates in Colorado Springs, Colorado, at the front of the stage with salutes and handshakes, and turned to jog back toward his seat when he fell. He was helped up by an Air Force officer as well as two members of his U.S. Secret Service detail.

Onlookers, including some members of the official delegation on stage, watched in concern before Biden, who at age 80 is the oldest president in U.S. history, returned to his seat to view the end of the ceremony.

“He’s fine,” tweeted White House communications director Ben LaBolt. “There was a sandbag on stage while he was shaking hands.” Two small black sandbags were on stage supporting the teleprompter used by Biden and other speakers.

Biden has been dogged by questions about his age and his fitness to serve, and his missteps have become fodder for political rivals as he campaigns for a second term in 2024. He has stumbled before going up the stairs and onto Air Force One and he once got caught up in his bike pedals while stopping to talk to reporters near his home in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware.

Biden’s personal doctor said after the president’s most recent physical exam in February that Biden “remains a healthy, vigorous 80-year-old male, who is fit to successfully execute the duties of the Presidency.” Dr. Kevin O’Connor also documented the president’s stiffened gait, which O’Connor said was the result of spinal arthritis, a previously broken foot and neuropathy in the Biden’s feet.

President Gerald Ford fell down while walking off Air Force One in 1975. GOP Sen. Bob Dole of Kansas, the GOP presidential nominee at the time, fell off the stage at a campaign rally in 1996. President Barack Obama tripped walking up the stairs to a stage at a 2012 event. “I was so fired up, I missed a stair” he told the crowd.

President Donald Trump’s gingerly walk down a ramp at the 2020 West Point commencement also sparked concerns about his health.

Trump, 76, was campaigning in Iowa when he heard about Biden’s stumble and alluded to his own episode.

“He actually fell down? Well I hope he wasn’t hurt,” Trump said after an audience member told him about what had happened to Biden. “The whole thing is crazy. You gotta be careful about that … ’cause you don’t want that, even if you have to tiptoe down a ramp.”

The audience laughed as Trump recounted slowly inching his way down what he said had been a slippery ramp at the U.S. Military Academy graduation.

“If he fell, it’s too bad,” the former president said. “We gotta just get this thing back on track. That’s a bad place to fall when you’re making, I think it was the Air Force Academy, right? That’s not inspiring.”
View attachment 18379
Was there a sandbag? Seems videos don't show one. Maybe he tripped on a cord which is more likely.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Associated Press
Darlene Superville

View attachment 18379
Of course they say he is fine . Would you expect anything else ?

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Associated Press
Darlene Superville

View attachment 18379
hes a down to earth kind of guy. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Dixie Cup

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Fox News producer out after onscreen message calling Biden 'wannabe dictator'
Associated Press
David Bauder
Published Jun 16, 2023 • 2 minute read
Fox News onscreen headline
This image from video shows a Fox News onscreen headline beneath a split-screen image of former President Donald Trump speaking to supporters live and President Joe Biden speaking earlier at the White House. PHOTO BY WILL HARRIS /THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
NEW YORK — A longtime producer for Tucker Carlson is out at Fox News after he was deemed responsible for the on-air headline that referred to President Joe Biden as a “wannabe dictator” because of the indictment of former President Donald Trump.

The producer, Alex McCaskill, confirmed his exit in an Instagram post. Fox News did not comment on Friday.

He had remained at Fox after Carlson, the network’s most popular personality, was fired on April 24. The reason for Carlson’s sudden ouster, less than a week after Fox agreed to pay Dominion Voting Systems $787 million to end a defamation case, has never been publicly explained.

It was during the last minutes of Carlson’s former time slot on Tuesday when the message appeared under separate onscreen boxes that showed Biden and Trump talking. It read: “Wannabe dictator speaks at the White House after having his political rival arrested.”

Carlson, in a Twitter monologue posted Thursday, said “the women who run the network panicked” about the post and scolded the person responsible. Carlson didn’t name the producer, but said he was “considered one of the most capable persons in the building.”

The producer offered to resign with two weeks’ notice, but was told to clean out his desk and leave immediately, he said.

Fox, in a statement on Wednesday, said the chyron had been taken down and the issue “addressed,” without further explanation.

In an Instagram message posted on Twitter by Justin Baragona of The Daily Beast, McCaskill is pictured outside of Fox’s Manhattan office holding a box.

“Today was my last day at Fox,” read the message under his picture. “It’s been a wild 10 years and it was the best place I’ve ever worked because of the great people I met. But the time has come. I asked them to let me go, and they finally did. To all my friends there: I will miss you forever.”

A call and text message to a phone listed as McCaskill’s was not immediately returned.

Plenty of Biden critics have suggested politics was behind Trump’s indictment by special prosecutor Jack Smith on charges of hoarding classified documents and resisting government attempts to retrieve them. Biden has not commented on the case.

McCaskill was named this spring in a lawsuit filed by a former Fox producer, Abby Grossberg, who also worked on Carlson’s staff. Her lawsuit said McCaskill “habitually belittled female employees” at Fox. He said that a room at Fox set aside for employees to pump breast milk was a “waste of space” and should be replaced with a room for men to tan their testicles, according to the lawsuit.

Fox has denied allegations in Grossberg’s lawsuit.
1687181773390.png