Well, today is the Liberal/NDP Non-Coalition Coalition Budget Day!

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Federal budget allots $67.3-billion over five years on Liberal wishful thinking… this is 2023…& they will only possibly be in power until 2025 with the NDP backing… so this is a non-budget based over 5 years?
Over five years…. How out of touch can you possibly be?

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Incredibly, Freeland claimed in her budget speech that, “By exercising fiscal restraint, we are ensuring that we can continue to invest in Canadians and in the Canadian economy for years to come — just as we have done since 2015.”

She said the Liberals are reducing projected government spending by more than $15 billion, which means they have to find that much money in savings or this year’s deficit could be even higher.

The Trudeau Liberals have NEVER delivered a balanced budget, going back to their election promises in 2015.

During that campaign, Trudeau said that under his leadership Canada would have three years of modest deficits followed by a $1 billion surplus in the 2019 fiscal year — the year before the pandemic hit.

Trudeau missed every one of those targets, leading up to a $39.4 billion deficit in 2019.

As Franco Terrazzano, federal director of the Canadian Taxpayers Federation noted, “this budget is giving taxpayers big deficits, more money wasted on interest charges and higher taxes. This government doesn’t care about fiscal prudence or helping taxpayers.”

On April 1 — this Saturday — the Trudeau government will hike its federal carbon price by 30% to $65 per tonne of emissions from the current $50 per tonne, raising the cost of almost all goods and services.
(The rest at the above link)

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
1680091673353.jpegSo….now that the budget has been tabled yesterday (03/28/23), there’s gonna be some debate for show, and then Justin & Jagmeet in their non-coalition coalition will pass this budget regardless of what’s in it and what the majority of Canadians, the Conservatives, the Bloc, the two Greens, etc…ask or want.
1680091149176.jpeg
On which date is this vote in Parliament on this budget that only the Minority Liberals and the non-coalition coalition NDP will vote in favour of?

Weirdly, knowing that this is a forgone conclusion, I’m having trouble finding this date in the media…perhaps because it’s irrelevant (?) or maybe it’s just not newsworthy enough? Either way it’s not popping out easily.

There’s lots of the same information presented in different ways about this budget tabled yesterday (& in the days and weeks and months leading up to yesterday through artificial/unofficial leaks), but seriously….What date does parliament actually vote on this?

In trying to find this date, I could find all kinds of interesting and coincidental dates tying back to the government, like the last federal election being held September 20, 2021, and the two Michaels released on September 24, 2021, etc…but this next confidence vote over the budget, as far as a date goes, is proving elusive for some reason.

• Sad
Reactions: Taxslave2

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
He's your chance for a Green Job. A job installing solar panels for $15.50 an hour.
Fantastic. If I was working straight time and no overtime, and if I only worked 18 hours a day, five days a week, I could pay my bills.

What is Average Hourly Earnings in Canada? Average Hourly Earnings in Canada increased to 33.87 CAD(24.788 USD) in February 2023. The maximum rate was 31.25 CAD and minimum was 15.88 CAD. Data published Monthly by Statistics.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Fantastic. If I was working straight time and no overtime, and if I only worked 18 hours a day, five days a week, I could pay my bills.

What is Average Hourly Earnings in Canada? Average Hourly Earnings in Canada increased to 33.87 CAD(24.788 USD) in February 2023. The maximum rate was 31.25 CAD and minimum was 15.88 CAD. Data published Monthly by Statistics.
Green Jobs are that $15.88 on the bottom.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Green Jobs are that $15.88 on the bottom.
Screenshot_20230329_074240_Chrome.jpg

$18 an hour after shelling out for certification.

Big money!

But after certification or proven experience one can make double managing a Tims or a gas station.

Screenshot_20230329_074649_Chrome.jpg

We need to invest in more gas stations and donut shops.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
The budget is expected to include a whole slate of costly and expansive NDP priorities that will combine with the Liberals’ own pricey policies to create not just big government, but mammoth government: a government that is not just big in terms of how much it spends, but in its ambition to federalize every area of Canadian life.
Of course the NDP were given a carrot but what they want won't come to fruition until 2025 and may not even be done then, depending on election results (if an election isn't called before then). This budget makes the NDP look really silly & inept IMHO.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
Federal budget allots $67.3-billion over five years on Liberal wishful thinking… this is 2023…& they will only possibly be in power until 2025 with the NDP backing… so this is a non-budget based over 5 years?
Over five years…. How out of touch can you possibly be?
Simple. Once the Conservatives win the next election and stop the squandering of our money, the left will scream CUTS TO SERVICES. In fact, if the Conservatives don't increase spending on these items every year they will also scream BUDGET CUTS.