WE really need to get rid of this guy

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
And it's certainly not just Canada. We see the same in the States, in Britain, Germany, Brazil. . . all over the place. It seems that a new wave of intolerance is sweeping the world.

I blame Trudeau.
Actually for us is that it’s Trudeau’s… plural. (I’m fighting a cold, so text to talk is butchering my sentences.)

I’m not being a total hack when I say that I’ve only seen this once before to this extent, or close to it in Canada, but it’s true, and it was the other Trudeau at the time, and that was bad, and I think this might be worse before it’s over.

Try YouTube and then search “Salmon Arm Pierre Trudeau” to get an idea of where it was going at the time…& before Justin is going it might be worse than that.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Serious question. . . when was "the nation" not divided? Did y'all ever have a unity government, or a party with 80+% of the seats in Parliament? Or a greater color mix amongst ridings geographically?
We've always had differences but they've been mostly friendly. Since Trudeau, however, the nation is not only divisive but a lot of Canadians are angry with the ignorance of our leadership and apparently thinking that our leaders know more than we do when they couldn't even be bothered to address protesters to find out why people were so mad & fed up.

Trudeau says he's going to Listen but he won't because those of us who "think differently" - well we're just too stupid to know anything so we'll be ignored & he'll continue to do what he wants with the support of the NDP.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I ready for us is that it’s Trudeau’s… plural. (I’m fighting a cold, so text to talk is butchering my sentences.)

I’m not being a total hack when I say that I’ve only seen this once before to this extent, or close to it in Canada, but it’s true, and it was the other Trudeau at the time, and that was bad, and I think this might be worse before it’s over.

Try YouTube and then search “Salmon Arm Pierre Trudeau” to get an idea of where it was going at the time…& before Justin is going it might be worse than that.

Wow he is speaking to ten year olds . Yikes a stump speech to ten year olds .

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
We've always had differences but they've been mostly friendly. Since Trudeau, however, the nation is not only divisive but a lot of Canadians are angry with the ignorance of our leadership and apparently thinking that our leaders know more than we do when they couldn't even be bothered to address protesters to find out why people were so mad & fed up.

Trudeau says he's going to Listen but he won't because those of us who "think differently" - well we're just too stupid to know anything so we'll be ignored & he'll continue to do what he wants with the support of the NDP.

Mostly been friendly?

What Canada were you living in for the past... what, 40 years?

There have been 'not so friendly' issues Canada wide since Mulroney (and before that too because yes, Trudeau Sr. but I think Clark and Turner kind'a broke that up a bit so I'm going for consistent 'unfriendliness'. and it's just gotten worse with every PM since.

Though I agree people have a right to be angry at Trudeau currently and want him gone. Enough is enough, all that jazz.

As for why he won't listen? Well, some people who disagree ARE stupid, to be fair, and others won't tolerate anyone who thinks different from them to the point of adamant hatred, so...

I'd say that Trudeau doesn't really listen to ANYONE at this point and THAT is his problem.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
The next 2&1/2 years, unless Jagmeet decides he’s ready for an election, I can’t picture getting any smoother with some national Kumbaya’s or anything uniting like that.

Canada has always been divided in some way, but ‘more or less’ at different times. This is not one of the ‘less’ times.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
The next 2&1/2 years, unless Jagmeet decides he’s ready for an election, I can’t picture getting any smoother with some national Kumbaya’s or anything uniting like that.

Canada has always been divided in some way, but ‘more or less’ at different times. This is not one of the ‘less’ times.
We heard nothing of Quebec separation or discontent during Harpers term .

Reactions: Taxslave2

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
OTTAWA – Opposition members of the parliamentary committee studying allegations of Chinese interference in Canada’s elections succeeded Thursday in passing a motion calling on the government to launch a national public inquiry to investigate the allegations, despite Liberal government members voting against it.

The motion was passed late Thursday afternoon, after many hours of sometimes heated debate. The Conservatives, NDP and Bloc Québécois members voted in favour while the Liberals voted against.

The vote is non-binding, which means that the Liberal government could decide to simply ignore the committee’s call for an inquiry.

• Sad

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
OTTAWA – Opposition members of the parliamentary committee studying allegations of Chinese interference in Canada’s elections succeeded Thursday in passing a motion calling on the government to launch a national public inquiry to investigate the allegations, despite Liberal government members voting against it.

The motion was passed late Thursday afternoon, after many hours of sometimes heated debate. The Conservatives, NDP and Bloc Québécois members voted in favour while the Liberals voted against.

The vote is non-binding, which means that the Liberal government could decide to simply ignore the committee’s call for an inquiry.
Let’s fix that .
The liberal government will simply ignor the call for an inquiry .

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Mostly been friendly?

What Canada were you living in for the past... what, 40 years?

There have been 'not so friendly' issues Canada wide since Mulroney (and before that too because yes, Trudeau Sr. but I think Clark and Turner kind'a broke that up a bit so I'm going for consistent 'unfriendliness'. and it's just gotten worse with every PM since.

Though I agree people have a right to be angry at Trudeau currently and want him gone. Enough is enough, all that jazz.

As for why he won't listen? Well, some people who disagree ARE stupid, to be fair, and others won't tolerate anyone who thinks different from them to the point of adamant hatred, so...

I'd say that Trudeau doesn't really listen to ANYONE at this point and THAT is his problem.
With regard to your last sentence, I disagree that in that it's not only his problem but ours as well.

We have lived the last 40+ years with disagreements BUT they've not been as divisive as it is currently. I still maintain the whatever disagreements we had in the past, it's NOTHING like we have today and this needs to be rectified by having a government that is honest & has integrity. Apparently, those attributes no longer are in existence as we are now experiencing.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
With regard to your last sentence, I disagree that in that it's not only his problem but ours as well.

We have lived the last 40+ years with disagreements BUT they've not been as divisive as it is currently. I still maintain the whatever disagreements we had in the past, it's NOTHING like we have today and this needs to be rectified by having a government that is honest & has integrity. Apparently, those attributes no longer are in existence as we are now experiencing.
Today is an extreme version of days gone by. The Trudeau (Senior) days where bad (National Energy Program, etc…) where eventually people where expressing their sentiments with rocks and vegetables, & Papa Trudeau was flipping Western Canada the bird from his private train car, etc….(for the life of me I cannot find a single picture of this anymore so it’s been purged from the Internet somehow).

I agree that today dwarfs that.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

Well, seeing as that's not what you said... whatever.

I agree that today things do seem more polarized and that is a lot on Trudeau.

Sadly there is no one 'waiting in the wings', as it were, that can heal it. So I guess the 'one off' we have now will continue to be the norm for years yet.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
They can smell, which way, the wind…is…blowing.
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau pushed back at questions Friday about calling a public inquiry into claims that Beijing interfered in Canada's recent elections, telling reporters that the probes already underway are sufficient.
Trudeau is under pressure from his political opponents to launch an inquiry after media reports citing unnamed sources said the Chinese communist regime has co-opted some Canadian politicians. A Commons committee passed a motion Thursday in an attempt to compel the government to act.

When asked why he won't call an inquiry now, Trudeau said senior public servants working on the Critical Election Incident Public Protocol (CEIPP) headed by Mr. Rosenberg below already have reviewed the 2019 and 2021 campaigns and concluded that, while there was some Chinese interference, those actions did not compromise the final outcomes.

Headed by the head, or former head of the Pierre Trudeau foundation… how about that? He’s not even trying anymore…

(Mr. Rosenberg was appointed as President and Chief Executive Officer of the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation in 2014 and served in that role until July 2018. National Post documented several years ago that in 2015, foreign donations rose from $53,000 in 2014 to $428,000 in 2015 and $535,000 in 2016. The exact source of the money isn’t known but there is proof that some came from China, including Chinese billionaire Bin Zhang who made a $200,000 donation, etc….)

• Wow
Reactions: Twin_Moose

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
They can smell, which way, the wind…is…blowing.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau pushed back at questions Friday about calling a public inquiry into claims that Beijing interfered in Canada's recent elections, telling reporters that the probes already underway are sufficient.

Trudeau is under pressure from his political opponents to launch an inquiry after media reports citing unnamed sources said the Chinese communist regime has co-opted some Canadian politicians. A Commons committee passed a motion Thursday in an attempt to compel the government to act.

When asked why he won't call an inquiry now, Trudeau said senior public servants working on the Critical Election Incident Public Protocol (CEIPP) headed by Mr. Rosenberg below already have reviewed the 2019 and 2021 campaigns and concluded that, while there was some Chinese interference, those actions did not compromise the final outcomes.

Headed by the head, or former head of the Pierre Trudeau foundation… how about that? He’s not even trying anymore…

(Mr. Rosenberg was appointed as President and Chief Executive Officer of the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation in 2014 and served in that role until July 2018. National Post documented several years ago that in 2015, foreign donations rose from $53,000 in 2014 to $428,000 in 2015 and $535,000 in 2016. The exact source of the money isn’t known but there is proof that some came from China, including Chinese billionaire Bin Zhang who made a $200,000 donation, etc….)
I think Trudeau must be receiving some push back from caucus , sitting members must be taking heat from their constituents. Interesting times different from the Martin Cretien split .

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I think Trudeau must be receiving some push back from caucus , sitting members must be taking heat from their constituents. Interesting times different from the Martin Cretien split .
Unlike the Martin/Chrétien split, this would be the Trudeau/Whom(?) split? Whom in the Liberal (or NDP/Liberal) Party is standing up to Trudeau in their concept of putting Nation before Party?

Was it Trudeau/Morneau (who’s out) or Trudeau/Butts (who’s out) or Trudeau/Wilson-Raybould (who’s out) or Trudeau/Someone Else ??? It’s definitely not the Trudeau/Singh split or we’d be heading to an election already, so there’s got to be a different name to follow the “/“ that I’m ignorant to.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Unlike the Martin/Chrétien split, this would be the Trudeau/Whom(?) split? Whom in the Liberal (or NDP/Liberal) Party is standing up to Trudeau in their concept of putting Nation before Party?

Was it Trudeau/Morneau (who’s out) or Trudeau/Butts (who’s out) or Trudeau/Wilson-Raybould (who’s out) or Trudeau/Someone Else ??? It’s definitely not the Trudeau/Singh split or we’d be heading to an election already, so there’s got to be a different name to follow the “/“ that I’m ignorant to.
I agree , don’t know who is hiding in the wings , but like I said the caucus must be feeling heat . Remember what happened last time the Liberals imploded they lost official opposition status to NDP . It could happen again and the sitting members and back room elites must be nervous .

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
The Liberals, even when holding power strongly. have never been united. There are always 5 or 10 ambitious people trying to get control of the party. TrueDope has done a good job (never thought I would put those words together) keeping enough of them stabbed in the back to retain power this long. Eventually one of them will succeed and TrueDope will "resign". If he loses power in a general election (I don't say lose the election as he has lost 2) he will be expected and forced to fall on the sword.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I agree , don’t know who is hiding in the wings , but like I said the caucus must be feeling heat . Remember what happened last time the Liberals imploded they lost official opposition status to NDP . It could happen again and the sitting members and back room elites must be nervous .
Weirdly, now, the NDP are the Liberals & the Liberals are the NDP. If/when they’re voted out to be replaced by another party, they can’t lose the position of official opposition status to themselves. The times have changed.
The Liberals, even when holding power strongly. have never been united. There are always 5 or 10 ambitious people trying to get control of the party. TrueDope has done a good job (never thought I would put those words together) keeping enough of them stabbed in the back to retain power this long. Eventually one of them will succeed and TrueDope will "resign". If he loses power in a general election (I don't say lose the election as he has lost 2) he will be expected and forced to fall on the sword.
The Liberal/NDP Party currently is a cult of personality, & that personality is Justin Trudeau. Catch22 & weird times. In the current cancel culture, who are these 5-10 ambitious people in the Justin Trudeau Party willing to get cancelled by the Justin Trudeau Party?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Weirdly, now, the NDP are the Liberals & the Liberals are the NDP. If/when they’re voted out to be replaced by another party, they can’t lose the position of official opposition status to themselves. The times have changed.

The Liberal/NDP Party currently is a cult of personality, & that personality is Justin Trudeau. Catch22 & weird times. In the current cancel culture, who are these 5-10 ambitious people in the Justin Trudeau Party willing to get cancelled by the Justin Trudeau Party?
He'll step down handing PM to "The Linebacker" Freeland to take the fall prior to the next election.

• Sad

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
He'll step down handing PM to "The Linebacker" Freeland to take the fall prior to the next election.
I thought she was canceling the Disney Channel subscription & aiming for the Secretary General position at the UN for her next move. She might be too close to Trudeau so avoid his stench if/when he bails.
1677951585312.jpeg
Her political optics & options might be better outside of Canada than inside of it.

I don’t think (& I could be wrong) she’s too popular in Canada at this point as a “more pliable” Finance Minister for Justin Trudeau in these times, and is (or at least was) currently the only MP Twatter spanked for Manipulative Media while also a cheerleader for censorship of the media. I mean, it makes her a good Liberal, but maybe not an ideal candidate for PM.
1677951162509.jpeg

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Well, seeing as that's not what you said... whatever.

I agree that today things do seem more polarized and that is a lot on Trudeau.

Sadly there is no one 'waiting in the wings', as it were, that can heal it. So I guess the 'one off' we have now will continue to be the norm for years yet
I thought she was canceling the Disney Channel subscription & aiming for the Secretary General position at the UN for her next move. She might be too close to Trudeau so avoid his stench if/when he bails.
View attachment 17525
Her political optics & options might be better outside of Canada than inside of it.

I don’t think (& I could be wrong) she’s too popular in Canada at this point as a “more pliable” Finance Minister for Justin Trudeau in these times, and is (or at least was) currently the only MP Twatter spanked for Manipulative Media while also a cheerleader for censorship of the media. I mean, it makes her a good Liberal, but maybe not an ideal candidate for PM.
View attachment 17524
Ya, Trudeau lies like a sidewalk!!