2SLGBTQQIA+

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
To be clear, given it was not a required activity in school and all the kids were there voluntarily, I have no objection per say. I just don't see the point.
Those who oppose it would arguet there's a few points. First - there's the clear message that if you don't let your children interact with drag queens and people of alternate sexcual orientations on demand you're a horrible person. Sure it's not MANDITORY, but only TERRIBLE people would keep their kid away.

Second it could be said that while the kid would not understand the whole 'drag queen' thing and would probably look at it like a type of clown or other entertainer who dresses up, it does still equate "drag queen" with "Fun' and "entertainment", which of course makes talking to drag queens desirable for kids and even as they grow up that tends to stick with them. so it has the appearance of programming or 'grooming' ( i'm not even 100 percent sure what that term means).

Here's the thing. if it was about going to see "Ms Chatalein, entertainer" who happened to be a crossdresser and that was part of the act, i don't think as many parents would care. But because it MUST be billed as "drag queen story time" and the whole focus is on the fact it's a drag queen, that means it's not about the entertainment, it's about the sexualization of the entertainer. And a lot of people have issues with exposing kids to sexualized issues at a young age. They'd probably be just as opposed to "Stripper story time" even if the stripper was straight, or 'dominatrix' storytime or the like.

Kids story time should be about the story - not the sexuality or sex/gender behavior of the storyteller. I can see that argument.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
The point is to read to kids. And maybe get them seeing that people are different. That Drag isn't a bad thing, being gay isn't a bad thing, being trans isn't a bad thing...

The simple answer; it's to entertain and read to kids.
If the point was to read to kids, it would be called "story hour". Not "drag queen story hour'. And i think thats where most people who disapprove have a problem.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Speaking of transvestites. . .

Women have been dressing in men's clothes at least since Marlene Dietrich was photographed in a suit: Trousers, white shirt, necktie, jacket. Clearly a men's suit.

It's considered cute, or sexy, or just so what?

It's men in women's clothes that gets the marching morons screaming.

Wonder why that is?

Reactions: Serryah

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

Women have been dressing in men's clothes at least since Marlene Dietrich was photographed in a suit: Trousers, white shirt, necktie, jacket. Clearly a men's suit.

Wonder why that is?

Well to be fair few hundred years ago a woman in 'trousers' was a sign of the Devil, a witch, etc, etc.

Just like women couldn't be fighters (yet were).

Men started doing 'drag' because women weren't allowed or part of 'troops' of entertainers, far back as ancient Greece.

But those are things the educated know; meanwhile the ignorant don't really care, what matters is right now (unless it's something to prove THEIR view, and then... well history matters)

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons

Wonder why that is?
Yeah gee, I wonder, especially since so many of us watched Monty Python, or enjoyed Flip Wilson's show, or Harvey Korman on Carol Burnett. Oh I know why. It's called comedic effect. Only what's happening today really isn't funny. At least not on purpose anyway.

And no, a woman in a men's suit is not cute or sexy or hot or whatever.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Yeah gee, I wonder, especially since so many of us watched Monty Python, or enjoyed Flip Wilson's show, or Harvey Korman on Carol Burnett. Oh I know why. It's called comedic effect.

Well this is it - and also it's not geared towards children. It's one of the left's favorite logical fallacies, the false equivalency. The idea that someone dresses up in a way that's funny in one case and invites people to laugh at them is NOT the same as someone attempting to be taken seriously dressing in a sexual fashion for children. Pretending they're the same is pretty dishonest.

Reactions: Jinentonix

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Well to be fair few hundred years ago a woman in 'trousers' was a sign of the Devil, a witch, etc, etc.

Just like women couldn't be fighters (yet were).

Men started doing 'drag' because women weren't allowed or part of 'troops' of entertainers, far back as ancient Greece.

But those are things the educated know; meanwhile the ignorant don't really care, what matters is right now (unless it's something to prove THEIR view, and then... well history matters)
Speaking of educated. After a debacle where some school tried to bring drag queens into the classroom as "guests" one of them mentioned something about how they were teaching the kids burlesque. Now, contrary to popular belief, burlesque has nothing to do with stripping. It's a form of mockery. Think satire, only meaner.
That's what drag queens are doing. They are mocking women by caricaturizing them. They hate women because women are everything they want to be but can never be.

And now Tampax has a commercial with a tranny. Because as we ALL know, biological males can have periods. I mean sure, why the fuck not? "Men can get pregnant", up is black, down is refrigerator, math is "racist".

Yep, when you can't handle reality, make up your own.

Reactions: The_Foxer

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
And now Tampax has a commercial with a tranny. Because as we ALL know, biological males can have periods. I mean sure, why the fuck not? "Men can get pregnant", up is black, down is refrigerator, math is "racist".

"Oh that was easy" says man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed at the next zebra crossing .
-hitchhiker's guide

Reactions: Jinentonix

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Speaking of educated. After a debacle where some school tried to bring drag queens into the classroom as "guests" one of them mentioned something about how they were teaching the kids burlesque. Now, contrary to popular belief, burlesque has nothing to do with stripping. It's a form of mockery. Think satire, only meaner.
That's what drag queens are doing. They are mocking women by caricaturizing them. They hate women because women are everything they want to be but can never be.

They hate women? Really? Or is that just your opinion? Because pretty sure if you asked a Drag Queen they'd give a totally different answer of what drag queens are *today*.

I'd be interested in this story; where is it? Where did it happen? Got a link for it?

And now Tampax has a commercial with a tranny.

Really? Not that I see commercials anymore but...

Because as we ALL know, biological males can have periods. I mean sure, why the fuck not?

Well, technically they can. Trans men get periods all the time. And counter to your opinion, trans men are men.

"Men can get pregnant",

Yep.

up is black,

Well that's a new one; since when?

down is refrigerator,

My refrigerator is down... hasn't worked in years.

math is "racist".

Math is math but sometimes word problems could be written out as being racist, but math is numbers and logic, not racism.

Many people do on a daily basis.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Bolivia’s Miss Universe contender says two rivals look like ‘transsexuals’
Author of the article:Denette Wilford
Publishing date:Nov 25, 2022 • 1 day ago • 2 minute read

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Bolivia’s Miss Universe representative is being sued for making “racist and discrimatory” remarks against two rivals who she said resemble “transsexuals.”

The mayor’s office from the city of Potosi filed a complaint with Bolivia’s Office of the Attorney General accusing Maria Fernanda Pavisic of discrimination and racism.

In video posted to her Instagram stories last week, the 23-year-old referred to Miss Paraguay, Miss Brazil and Miss El Salvador as “old ladies” and claimed the women representing Ecuador, Aruba, and Curaçao all belong in the “thanks for participating” category, the Daily Mail reported.

She also said Miss Venezuela and Miss Peru looked like “transsexuals” and referred to Miss Argentina as “Miss Potosí.”

Pavisic has since posted a recorded apology to the contests and claimed her remarks were part of a “social project.”

She wrote, according to the translation, “There have been many Misses Bolivia but my intention was always to generate change.”

Pavisic continued, “For a long time I have published positive content, self-love, working with my social project and showing my culture, however, in the sea of news that exists on social networks, people decided to support the negative.”

She added, “Maybe this puts all my dreams at risk but it will be worth it if I at least raise awareness in ONE person!”

In a video the following day, she apologized for how she handled things.

“No one deserves to be offended and it was never my intention, above all I apologize to the city of Potosi and its people,” read her caption. “I never wanted to offend them, I respect their land and their people who gave me a lot at the time love and support! I respect my country and it is what I love the most!”

Potosi authorities haven’t been so forgiving.

“She has denigrated the Potosian woman, she has no merit or morals to represent Bolivia in an international contest,” the city’s mayoral advisor Richard Alejo told The Associated Press.

Roxana Graz, head of the Potosi civic committee, is now demanding Pavisic be removed as Miss Bolivia.

The Miss Universe 2023 contest is on Jan. 4.
1669508055024.png

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

Well, it is from Russia.

Family can be ANYTHING - from a man, woman and child/children, to a person and their friends, a person and their pets; family is NOT something you can limit because if you are, you are denying family.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
It's twitter. Feel free to block them.

If I didn't see that report, I would never have been aware that they made that tweet. Unless you follow the Russian Embassy, you probably wouldn't even see it. Congratulations City-TV for bringing this to all [100] of your listeners.