Almost all new jobs created during the pandemic were in the public sector, report finds.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Comox. Campbell River that I know of for sure.
I'm afraid not. Those are gov't controlled services at that facility. You have to book the hip surgeries she's talking about there the same way you do everywhere and get in line, and the gov't will pay for it.

So that is not accurate. That is not a private facility she could get her hip done at.

Also it's not a hospital at all, which is what she asked about.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Not the appropriate customer. The gov't.

I'm utterly amazed at how you don't get this.

And no, gov't funded nurses and HC don't contribute significantly to the economy - their wages come from a gov't who imposes a drag on the economy which is greater than the value of the services they provide. Which is NOT as i have said the same as "nurses work isn't valuable or important" in OTHER respects.

But you'd have to be 7 different kinds of stupid not to get this - Gov't expenditures do not benefit the growth of the economy over time the way that private enterprise does. If the private economy slows down while gov't spending increases, there is going to be a problem.

that's just fact. Sorry that it doesn't fit your little echo chamber thing you've got going on there.
Are you missing the entire false claim you made that nurses and HC staff don't contribute to the economy?

Do they or don't they?

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
I'm afraid not. Those are gov't controlled services at that facility. You have to book the hip surgeries she's talking about there the same way you do everywhere and get in line, and the gov't will pay for it.

So that is not accurate. That is not a private facility she could get her hip done at.

Since you obviously don’t know what PPP stands for, I will write it out. unlicensed Private Partnerships. They do real cost accounting there.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

2/3 of Canadians have private healthcare insurance.

Then there is WCB...

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
2/3 of Canadians have private healthcare insurance.
Sigh.

Which pays for dental. vision, and drugs. It also pays disability. NOT what we're discussing here. As far has treatment in a hospital goes it doesn't pay for that, it might pay for things like upgrading to a single room but not for your actual treatment. It may pay for a handful of things NOT covered by the act like a massage or natropathy visits. But the actual medical services covered by the act are STILL paid for by the province or feds.

How do you not get this? Did you HONESTLY think that private medical insurance paid for the health care covered under the act? Really?

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
Sigh.

Which pays for dental. vision, and drugs. It also pays disability. NOT what we're discussing here. As far has treatment in a hospital goes it doesn't pay for that, it might pay for things like upgrading to a single room but not for your actual treatment. It may pay for a handful of things NOT covered by the act like a massage or natropathy visits. But the actual medical services covered by the act are STILL paid for by the province or feds.

How do you not get this? Did you HONESTLY think that private medical insurance paid for the health care covered under the act? Really?
Works@fe pays for private treatment for injured workers. No standing in line with the riffraff.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Sigh.

You are going through all this to prove or disprove a) nurse are not contributing to the economy b) there are no private run hospitals or c) you need a beer?

Reactions: Taxslave2

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
You are going through all this to prove or disprove a) nurse are not contributing to the economy b) there are no private run hospitals or c) you need a beer?
Actually in your case i'm going through this to see if it's possible to train a spider monkey in basic logic :) And it's a little disappointing you couldn't even remember what the point was. You're just flailing for the sake of it apperently.

The point was simple - if federal employees and expenditure is growing faster than private, eventually that creates a problem. The reason for that is that generally gov't services do not create the wealth that is necessary for economic growth. I used nurses as one example - gov't paid nurses provide a service that is valuable to us as people (i was very clear about that) but is NOT a creator of wealth the way a private economy enterprise is.

That's why you can't just have all the companies be gov't run if you want a robust economy.

The gov't does not use capitalism to raise it's cash - it uses taxation for the most part and similar instruments such as duties. These create a drag on the capital free market system by taking funds OUT of it without a direct exchange for goods and services. If the gov't grows faster than the free market that supports it, that adds more strain on that economy. That is bad.

Is that clearer for you now?

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Ever peed on a false killer whale ?
Listen - we're not here to judge and your own sexual preferences are your own business. But there's some fantasies you probably shouldn't be sharing in public

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
c) you need a beer.
And you apparently need english lessons :)

Just out of curiosity - what was the gov'ts net revenues and profits on nurses last year? The amount they took in by charging for their services vs the amount they paid out to them? You can pick a single province if that's easier.

Lets see if you're:

a) able to grasp simple concepts,
b) dumber than most rocks,
c) so fond of your own poo that you fling it for the fun of playing with it.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
So you wish to change your statement?
LOL - so now that you've realized you were wrong, you're actively imagining other people saying things? :)

Ok! So - C it is :) You just like playing in your own poop :)

Sorry, this conversation was just over your head.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Listen - we're not here to judge and your own sexual preferences are your own business. But there's some fantasies you probably shouldn't be sharing in public
So that is another no . What did you see and do over all those years on the coast ? How about dolphins riding your bow wave ? That is an easy one .

Reactions: Taxslave2

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
LOL - so now that you've realized you were wrong, you're actively imagining other people saying things? :)

Ok! So - C it is :) You just like playing in your own poop :)

Sorry, this conversation was just over your head.
I noticed you imagined me saying things , if an Internet genius can do it , why not anybody ?