Freeland Harassed in Alberta

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Well, they’ve identified the guy in the vid as an “Elliott McDavid” & so far as I can find, The two women are still nameless and invisible non-contributors to the story?

I haven’t had time to watch this and I won’t have time until sometime tonight or in the next couple days, etc… but apparently this link is some kind of an interview with this guy (McDavid):

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Well, they’ve identified the guy in the vid as an “Elliott McDavid” & so far as I can find, The two women are still nameless and invisible non-contributors to the story?

I haven’t had time to watch this and I won’t have time until sometime tonight or in the next couple days, etc… but apparently this link is some kind of an interview with this guy
"I'm not condoning it but i'm totally condoning it' . If the guy's going to be enough of a slimeball to support it he should just have the balls to support it instead of trying this 'i don't (but i do) but i don't (but i do) routine.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
I'll defend it. Heckling public officials is a right. Maybe not real productive, but it does no harm. On the information reported, the hecklers did not interrupt or delay any proceeding or any work of the government. They expressed their disapproval and their opinions. They did so crudely. Tough titty.

Threats, violence, and intimidation are exactly the tactics turdOWE uses to get his way.
And the name calling. Isn't it great that our illustrious leader thinks so highly of Canadians?

Reactions: petros

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I'm going to say (hopefully) my last word on this.

Remember when the Libshits and other leftards stated that it was "understandable why people would burn down churches"?
Well, guess what? It's pretty fucking understandable why Team Turd-o and Singh are rather hated in many places throughout Canada.

Sorry but you don't get to claim arson is "understandable" and then act like being harassed is beyond the pale.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The poor-poor-pitiful-me, they're-so-MEAN-to-me schtick is getting old.

Democracy and free speech means the bosses are gonna have to hear things they don't want to hear, and even. . . naughty words!

If you outlaw speech because you don't like the content, just skip electing Poilievre and go straight to Putin.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
The poor-poor-pitiful-me, they're-so-MEAN-to-me schtick is getting old.

Democracy and free speech means the bosses are gonna have to hear things they don't want to hear, and even. . . naughty words!

If you outlaw speech because you don't like the content, just skip electing Poilievre and go straight to Putin.
That seems to be facebook's goal. anything that in't woke gets banned.

Reactions: Dixie Cup

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
And twitter. Youtube handles it differently of course, they just set their algorithms to ghost you so you THINK people can find you but....
Fascistbook ghosts you too if you repost anything their "fact checkers" disagree with. Facts don't matter.
Their community standards are wacky too. I got a week off for suggesting certain criminals should be hung. Apparently that is promoting hatred.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Fascistbook ghosts you too if you repost anything their "fact checkers" disagree with. Facts don't matter.
Their community standards are wacky too. I got a week off for suggesting certain criminals should be hung. Apparently that is promoting hatred.
Ya, I'm banned from Twitter for saying that the leadership in China should be shot! Guess that makes me a bad person because I don't like people who kill other people because they don't like what they had to say or some crap like that.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
The Laith Marouf scandal, for that is emphatically what it is, of a fully public (it was all on Twitter, some on tape and film) antisemite receiving more than half a million taxpayers’ dollars from the government of Canada, caught even the laziest eye. I have observed it was a singular instance of “paying” the fox to raid the chicken house.

However, by the strange twist of things, or Liberals’ communication management (same thing), it had by the end of this week become entwined with a lone protester letting loose the F-word at Chrystia Freeland at an event in Grande Prairie, Alta.

These two are not synonymous. But should anyone try to make a comparison between the two episodes — the first, long-running, dubious beyond thought, financed by the always alert “anti-hate, diversity-wedded” Liberal government, the second perhaps the excited palpitation of the moment — then that anyone is severely lacking in scale and measurement.

The latter was unfortunate. The prior was unforgivable.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
These two are not synonymous. But should anyone try to make a comparison between the two episodes
I hadn't seen where they tried that. THat's pretty seriously low life if they tried to pass off a guy making a half million in gov't money to call jews bags of crap and suggest they should get a bullet in the head and some individual who got overheated and swore at freeland.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Pro-Palestinian protesters harassed and attacked MPs and senators as they gathered for a meeting near Parliament Hill this week, the Conservative Party leader in the Senate says.

Senator Don Plett says he was stopped and harassed by “probably 30 or 40” protesters as he drove into a building for the meeting. They blocked traffic and insisted drivers take pamphlets, and targeted him as he attempted to drive around them.

“They actually jumped on to my car. They were banging on my windows, they were laying on the hood of my car and they were trying to prevent me from moving,” Plett told a meeting of the standing committee on internal economy, budgets and administration. “I’m sure I’m on many pictures now on the Gaza Strip or wherever.”
1699702991863.jpeg
“There was no security around to help and I felt very, very unsafe.

“I then went into my Manitoba meeting and (Winnipeg Conservative MP) Marty Morantz, who is of Jewish descent, had been walking there and of course he felt more unsafe than I had and later we heard at our meetings that there were probably a dozen members of the House that had also been under attack.”
“And when they had asked PPS (Parliamentary Protective Service) over at the House why they weren’t being given any help the answer was, we don’t have enough staff.

They seemed to have enough staff to stop all the hot tub parties and barbecues when we had some friendly protesters here and now they don’t have enough staff when many of us feel very unsafe.”

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau called the attacks against Jewish institutions in recent days acts of terrorism and said that more police protection is needed to protect places of worship given the raging conflict in the Middle East.

The prime minister was asked by host Michel Bherer if he agreed with Quebec education minister Bernard Drainville that the gunshots fired at two Jewish schools in Montreal were acts of terrorism.
“Yes, absolutely,” said Trudeau, in French. “To do things just to create fear among a (specific) population with an ideological or political goal, that is terrorism. So it will take more police protection, more investments, and we’re doing that right now to protect mosques (???) and synagogues.”

Wait…what? Where did the Mosques in the above comment come from? Are Jews attacking or graffiti-ing Mosques in Canada or something? That “protecting mosques” comment seems to come out of left field with respect to attacks on Jewish institutions in Canada in recent days being acts of terrorism…but it is Trudeau so…selfies? Polling numbers?
The website includes a link to the government of Canada’s web page for national terrorism threat levels. But that page indicates the current level is medium, defined as “a violent act of terrorism could occur.”

“Medium” is the middle of five levels. The next highest, “high,” says that a violent act of terrorism “is likely,” while the highest level, “critical,” warns that an act “is highly likely and could occur imminently.”

The British warning of “very likely” attacks would seem to fall between the two highest levels.

The Canadian website notes the terror threat has been at “medium” continuously for almost 10 years, since October 2014.
The issue was raised Wednesday during Question Period in the House of Commons, when opposition leader Pierre Poilievre asked the Prime Minister if he agreed with the U.K. foreign office’s assessment.
“We are continuing to make sure that we are doing everything we possibly can to keep Canadians safe,” Justin Trudeau answered. “We understand that these are trying times around the world right now, but the best thing we can do as Canadians is stay true to our values, be respectful of one another, feel each other’s pain, and be there to support others through these very difficult times of a rise in hatred, including Islamophobia and antisemitism.”

Poilievre then pushed the point, noting that “terrorists are not interested in feeling other people’s pain; they are interested in causing other people pain,” and asking Trudeau to explain the difference in threat level assessments.
The federal government is playing down a recent British government warning that says an attempted terrorist attack in Canada is “very likely.”

“The U.K. updated its travel advice for Canada on 3 November to reflect the threat to British nationals,” the High Commission said in a statement. “We continue to work with Canadian authorities to ensure the safety of all British nationals in Canada and encourage British nationals to remain vigilant and monitor media and advice from local authorities for updates.”