Freeland Harassed in Alberta

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I know this thread title sounds like something that mentalfloss would dream up but here we are:

Thank goodness her staffers are well fed!!

Reactions: Taxslave2

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
I know this thread title sounds like something that mentalfloss would dream up but here we are:

1661693618735.png

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
The whole "the conservative premiers caused this" line is complete and utter bullshit. First - that's just justifying the person's actions "Oh i'm only this hostile because the western premires badmouth ottawa". Yeah - that's been that way for 100 years now and if people are just having a reaction now, i don't think that's the issue.

Second trudeau is the one who turned up the political rhetoric, calling people names and saying they shouldn't be tolerated. Now his people aren't being tolerated. That's not on Kenney, who's never called for any kind of violence or the like against people the way trudeau has.

At the end of the day tho this is a big grown ass man cornering a woman in an elevator and being threatening. That is NOT ok and that guy needs to smarten the eff up and possibly face criminal charges for that shit.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009

fed is short for federal. ;)

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009

she's lucky that's all that happened.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
While I agree it has no place, it does seem to happen regularly when Liberals go to Alberta. The proper response (acccording to Trudeau Sr.) is to give them the finger and move on.
Poppa Trudeau flipped the Bird (The “Trudeau Salute”) in BC. I think it might have been at Salmon Arm in the Okanagan Valley but I would have to check to confirm.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Back to Pierre Trudeau, One of the demonstrators in Salmon Arm, Doug Huges, said they were protesting the prime minister's use of the plush private railway car for his vacation in a time of economic hardship

'After Trudeau appeared at the coach window with two of his sons,' Hughes said, the prime minister 'smiled then scowled and then gave us the old Trudeau one-finger salute and pulled down the shade.'

Hughes said Salmon Arm is a resort and logging town where unemployment was running at 30 percent at the time.

He described Trudeau's transportation as 'opulent.'

'During times of restraint like those, they should have been be mothballed. For the previous six months he'd been telling us to practise restraint, then he comes parading pompously like this. It's just so hypocritical.' It sounds so familiar though after the last seven years of Justin Trudeau.

I am not justifying the bullshit that Chrystia Freeland had to experience what so ever, but just showing A level of frustration for the liberal party federally in western Canada that goes back at least a generation just with Trudeau’s….

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is trying to find a divisive wedge again and called for political leaders to take a united stance against threats of violence and intimidation on Sunday, days after his deputy was confronted in Alberta by a man who repeatedly yelled profanity at her and called her a traitor.

A video circulating online over the weekend shows Finance Minister Chrystia Freeland arriving inside City Hall in Grande Prairie, Alta., on Friday, and then being confronted by the man while she approached and entered an elevator.

Trudeau addressed the incident during an announcement in Ottawa on funding for an action plan to support LGBTQ communities. He said what Freeland faced isn't isolated and is being seen with increasing frequency by people in public life, particularly women and minorities.

"Threats, violence, intimidation of any kind, are always unacceptable and this kind of cowardly behaviour threatens and undermines our democracy and our values and openness and respect upon which Canada was built," Trudeau said.

A video circulating online over the weekend shows Finance Minister Chrystia Freeland arriving inside City Hall in Grande Prairie, Alta., on Friday, and then being confronted by the man while she approached and entered an elevator.

Trudeau addressed the incident during an announcement in Ottawa on funding for an action plan to support LGBTQ communities. He said what Freeland faced isn't isolated and is being seen with increasing frequency by people in public life, particularly women and minorities?

"Threats, violence, intimidation of any kind, are always unacceptable and this kind of cowardly behaviour threatens and undermines our democracy and our values and openness and respect upon which Canada was built," Trudeau said.

The incident has prompted current and former politicians from across the spectrum to denounce the incident and speak out against harassment faced by public figures.

The identity of the man in the video has been circulating widely online, but efforts by The Canadian Press to reach him have been unsuccessful so far.

Trudeau characterized the confrontation as a "backlash" of a type that has been growing on social media for many years, where any time a woman (?) speaks up on social media, she becomes subject to harassment and toxicity that reaches a point where her voice and her right to free expression are diminished?

"As leaders, we need to call this out and take a united stance against it, because no matter who you are, who you love, the colour of your skin, how you pray, where you're from, your gender, you deserve respect," he said. "You deserve to live in peace without fear of threats of violence."

Holy Pre-Election Double-Speaking Cow, Batman!! Trudeau’s tangent broadcasting net is try’n to make it so wide that anyone who disagrees with him must be a misogynistic racist….which sounds somehow familiar again….did this one dudes freak out in a hotel lobby in northern Alberta have anything to do with Freeland’s religious beliefs (?) or the Color of her skin (?) or her sexual orientation (?) or her minority status (?) or even about her Gender???

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I think it’s too close to an unannounced federal election to pull that shenanigan again at this point.
Hope so. Still, it's kinda funny to hear somebody who does that talk about how unacceptable threats of violence and intimidation are.

Be like hearing Donald Trump (or Justin Trudeau) talk about it being unacceptable to touch a woman without her consent. . .