FBI Raids Former President Donald Trump’s Home

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Neither is anybody who thinks January 6 has any significance as a date in American government.
Excuse me , wharever the date of the change of government occurs . But really whIch hunts are unbecoming of the American government and resonate poorly globally . Regardless of whom it is a the stake .

Reactions: Taxslave2

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
You mean because 'democracy' wasn't threatened, despite it being a horrible event? So while it might be a significant event it wasn't a significant event in terms of the american gov't? I'm not sure where you were going with that.
In the context of the original use of January 6th -- it had no significance. It was used as the end of the Trump presidency. That is incorrect. That ended on January 20th (or was it 21st) when Biden was inaugurated.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
In the context of the original use of January 6th -- it had no significance. It was used as the end of the Trump presidency. That is incorrect. That ended on January 20th (or was it 21st) when Biden was inaugurated.
Ahhhh - i was missing the context and couldn't figure out what we were talking about exactly. I thought perhaps he was saying the attack on the capital wasn't politically significant and i was reaching as to how that would make sense.

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
So here is something to think about. Trump is an idiot, but he isn't stupid. I just don't see him keeping files lying around when he knows the extremists are out to get him. I can see him filling a bunch of file folders marked Top Secret with a bunch of garbage for the FBI to"find". That would explain why we are not hearing a lot about what was actually in the files and why he isn't in jail yet.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
So here is something to think about. Trump is an idiot, but he isn't stupid. I just don't see him keeping files lying around when he knows the extremists are out to get him. I can see him filling a bunch of file folders marked Top Secret with a bunch of garbage for the FBI to"find". That would explain why we are not hearing a lot about what was actually in the files and why he isn't in jail yet.
Well i get why you'd say he isn't stupid, but the reality is that his mental state does often run away with him and he lives in this little bubble of a world where he literally thinks he can get away with anything he wants. This is not radically different than an addicted gambler, they pursue a compulsion even tho they KNOW that if they lose that money it's going to ruin their lives and they're almost certain to lose the money. But they do it anyway because somehow they can't think beyond the moment so to speak and simply ignore the future to feed their impulse.

We'll see. Sooner or later it's got to come out and we'll find out what they really got and if there's criminal wrongdoing.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
OK, time for remedial English.

Do you understand the difference between "historical" and "governmental?"
Oh look, the guy who can't clearly explain his own thoughts is going to teach others english. That'll probably work out well :)

Time for remedial discussion - say what your position is and what you mean and then other people will offer their opinion and thoughts and then you can respond to that. I realize that in elementary school your form of discussion here was popular but you should have learned how to do this properly by Highschool at least, never mind if you attended university. (although i understand that's less common in the states).

Now spit it out. What is it you're trying to say? C'mon, use your words.....

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Oh look, the guy who can't clearly explain his own thoughts is going to teach others english. That'll probably work out well :)

Time for remedial discussion - say what your position is and what you mean and then other people will offer their opinion and thoughts and then you can respond to that. I realize that in elementary school your form of discussion here was popular but you should have learned how to do this properly by Highschool at least, never mind if you attended university. (although i understand that's less common in the states).

Now spit it out. What is it you're trying to say? C'mon, use your words.....
I did say. Do you understand that "government" dates, such as the dates of elections, fixed, Constitutional dates like the date of changeover of administrations, and dates like the turning of the fiscal year or the income-tax filing deadline, are a different thing from "historical" dates, which generally tend to be when memorable stuff happened?

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
I did say.
In your head perhaps, try using your words.

Do you understand that "government" dates, such as the dates of elections, fixed, Constitutional dates like the date of changeover of administrations, and dates like the turning of the fiscal year or the income-tax filing deadline, are a different thing from "historical" dates, which generally tend to be when memorable stuff happened?
If they're the same date, then they're the same date. THat's what the word means. January 6th is January 6th. There are no "gov't" dates vs other 'dates". A date is just a temporal co-ordinate we use to identify a moment in the arrow of time. So, sorry they're the same thing.

So now that we've got that little misconception cleared up, what you appear to be saying (in an unusually round about way) is that a given date may have different significance based on context. And in fact the same date may have more than one significant if there is more than one context. As demonstrated above, January 6th is just a date, but it is also the date that follows Sarayah's birthday (personal context) or the date of the capital riots (hisorical context) or a bunch of other contexts.

So apperently there is a context you're thinking of for the date's significance which you refer to as 'governmental'. But - "government" encompasses a rather large body of contexts. For example it could be something that affects a gov't (such as the attack on a gov't building during a small insurrection), or it could be a governmental proceedure, or a bunch of other things.

So what you need to do in order to actually express your thoughts is explain WHAT context you're using. THEN others will understand your frame of reference and can consider your point of view from that.

Otherwise you're just mumbling and blathering like an idiot and your point is completely lost on intelligent people.

So - try again. Slow down and think - what are you trying to say and what is the context?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
You've clearly forgotten, so I'll remind you. pgs referred to declassifying documents before Jan. 6. Given that the Trump administration, and therefore Trump's authority to declassify documents, ended at noon on Jan. 20, 2021, would you agree that Jan. 20 might be the more relevant date for declassifying documents than Jan. 6?

Or just throw some more word salad. Whatever. It's a dull Sunday.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
You've clearly forgotten, so I'll remind you. pgs referred to declassifying documents before Jan. 6. Given that the Trump administration, and therefore Trump's authority to declassify documents, ended at noon on Jan. 20, 2021, would you agree that Jan. 20 might be the more relevant date for declassifying documents than Jan. 6?
There's no 'forgetting' - if you don't note that's the thread you were speaking to then without that reference you could literally mean anything. That's why i said i'm sure it makes sense in your head but not to anyone else. As you were replying to MY post which didn't mention it I was trying to figure out how your response could have had relevence to THAT, not guessing you meant someone else's post entirely.

To answer your question, sure. If January 20th is the date where Trump's authority officially came to an end then that would seem to be a more relevant date to PGS's comment than January 6th. To me, it was more of an issue of 'did he declassify before he left office' than it was 'when did he leave office'. I mean - surely we can all agree it was before the FBI raid :)
Or just throw some more word salad. Whatever. It's a dull Sunday.
Says the guy who took a half dozen posts to say something as simple as "Actually trump left office on january 20th, not January 6th". :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::LOL:;)

Sometimes when you get like this, it's necessary to explain things in detail to get you back to making sense. Don't blame me :)

Incidentally my original reply wasn't just taken out of the air or meant to be provocative - that's an actual debate i've seen kicked back and forth. Was it insurrection or just a violent riot? One being an attack on the gov't with the intent to overthrow it or cripple it substantially (gov't context) and the other being a protest of the gov't's actions and a protest.

Proponents of the second view note that there was no scenario where that attack actually ended democracy Or the existing gov't structure and therefore it was not actually affecting the "gov't" structure or continuing function. I kind of thought maybe that's where you were going with the "significance" of Jan 6th.

Oh - and if that was too many words for you, let me know. Wouldnt' want you to get tuckered out reading so many words on the same day :)

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022
Well i get why you'd say he isn't stupid, but the reality is that his mental state does often run away with him and he lives in this little bubble of a world where he literally thinks he can get away with anything he wants. This is not radically different than an addicted gambler, they pursue a compulsion even tho they KNOW that if they lose that money it's going to ruin their lives and they're almost certain to lose the money. But they do it anyway because somehow they can't think beyond the moment so to speak and simply ignore the future to feed their impulse.

We'll see. Sooner or later it's got to come out and we'll find out what they really got and if there's criminal wrongdoing.
The fact that he is batshit crazy does make it a little harder to predict what he might do.
But this has been ongoing for years and ther hasn’t been anything significant found.

Reactions: Dixie Cup

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
The fact that he is batshit crazy does make it a little harder to predict what he might do.
But this has been ongoing for years and ther hasn’t been anything significant found.
Well no, this has only been going on since he left office and not really exactly day one there either. This has been going on for maybe a year with the govt' starting out asking and then getting more and more serious as he didn't comply.

So without a doubt tho - it's time for it to end. They've got documents, either he committed a crime or he didn't, charge him or don't and lets get on with it.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Well no, this has only been going on since he left office and not really exactly day one there either. This has been going on for maybe a year with the govt' starting out asking and then getting more and more serious as he didn't comply.

So without a doubt tho - it's time for it to end. They've got documents, either he committed a crime or he didn't, charge him or don't and lets get on with it.

So... skip investigation/discovery about the situation and just charge and then lose in court when his lawyers would argue that the investigation wasn't done properly?

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
So... skip investigation/discovery about the situation and just charge and then lose in court when his lawyers would argue that the investigation wasn't done properly?
Sooooo it's pretty common to lay charges and add additional charges later. And discovery is what lawyers do to examine the evidence against their client, not what police do to determine if there's a crime.

I have heard numerous times that having classified documents in your home like that especially after you've been told to return them is a crime (and that makes a lot of sense). Soooo - determine if any of them are classified and were in his home and charge him. If additional charges become relevant tag them on later like anyone else would.

That ends the debate and nonsense. Charges are on the table, he'll have a chance to defend, this is how the system works.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Sooooo it's pretty common to lay charges and add additional charges later. And discovery is what lawyers do to examine the evidence against their client, not what police do to determine if there's a crime.

I have heard numerous times that having classified documents in your home like that especially after you've been told to return them is a crime (and that makes a lot of sense). Soooo - determine if any of them are classified and were in his home and charge him. If additional charges become relevant tag them on later like anyone else would.

That ends the debate and nonsense. Charges are on the table, he'll have a chance to defend, this is how the system works.
It's also common to investigate for quite some time before charging, particularly when the potential crimes are complex and interrelated, and the criminal or criminal organization are well funded.

Reactions: Serryah