FBI Raids Former President Donald Trump’s Home

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
You have a high opinion of yourself
Well i hate to disagree with the general public opinion ;)

sorry if I don’t share it .
Why would i care?

Here's the deal. I will always tend to respond to intelligence with intelligence and to stupidity with contempt. You literally pointed out there was an excellent example in the same sentance where you claimed there was no example. And then attempted to declare 'victory'. That's pathetic.

Next time do better. Then you won't have to be salty about getting called out for what you did.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Well, well. The rats are leaving the sinking ship.

In his sharpest critique of his former boss, former attorney general William P. Barr said there is no reason classified documents should have been inside Donald Trump’s personal residence in Florida after he was no longer president.

“No, I can’t think of a legitimate reason why they could be taken out of government, away from the government, if they are classified,” Barr said in an interview with Fox News that aired Friday. Barr’s comment comes after federal officials entered Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club and home last month with a court-issued warrant to retrieve classified documents, a move the former president said was improper and politically motivated.

“People say this was unprecedented,” Barr said Friday, “but it’s also unprecedented for a president to take all this classified information and put them in a country club, okay?”

Linky-dinky.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Whoever, being an officer, employee, contractor, or consultant of the United States, and, by virtue of his office, employment, position, or contract, becomes possessed of documents or materials containing classified information of the United States, knowingly removes such documents or materials without authority and with the intent to retain such documents or materials at an unauthorized location shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than five years, or both.

Title 18, United States Code, section 1924.

Used to be not more than one year. Guess which president signed the law increasing it?

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Whoever, being an officer, employee, contractor, or consultant of the United States, and, by virtue of his office, employment, position, or contract, becomes possessed of documents or materials containing classified information of the United States, knowingly removes such documents or materials without authority and with the intent to retain such documents or materials at an unauthorized location shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than five years, or both.

Used to be not more than one year. Guess which president signed the law increasing it?

Think that was a case of "do as I say, not as I do" then?

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Well if it was Trump he's going to lose the "gosh i didn't know it was bad" defense that Hillary and others used. How can he claim he didn't know after signing that bill?

In canada the legal tradition is that a hybrid offense which could be either a fine or jail time should always be the fine for a first offense. Is it like that in the us'?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

Does the President of the United States of America have the authority to de classify documents and other material ?

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Does the President of the United States of America have the authority to de classify documents and other material ?
Totally uneducated response here from the outside looking in…. maybe when they are actually still the president of the United States, but extremely doubtful when they’re no longer the President of the United States…

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Totally uneducated response here from the outside looking in…. maybe when they are actually still the president of the United States, but extremely doubtful when they’re no longer the President of the United States…
Not if they were declassified prior to January 6th .

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Not if they were declassified prior to January 6th .
There would have to be a clear record of that i'm sure. It can't just be like that scene from the office where Michael walks out and says "I Declare Bankruptcy!" "you can't just decide you're bankrupt michael!" "Yes i can - i just declared it".

So if he did there would have to be a crystal clear track of that and i would expect the documents would be moved to folders that WEREN'T marked 'top secret' and the like.

I'm not expert in that area of US law but it sounds pretty unlikely.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
There would have to be a clear record of that i'm sure. It can't just be like that scene from the office where Michael walks out and says "I Declare Bankruptcy!" "you can't just decide you're bankrupt michael!" "Yes i can - i just declared it".

So if he did there would have to be a crystal clear track of that and i would expect the documents would be moved to folders that WEREN'T marked 'top secret' and the like.

I'm not expert in that area of US law but it sounds pretty unlikely.
Neither is anybody who thinks January 6 has any significance as a date in American government.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Neither is anybody who thinks January 6 has any significance as a date in American government.
You mean because 'democracy' wasn't threatened, despite it being a horrible event? So while it might be a significant event it wasn't a significant event in terms of the american gov't? I'm not sure where you were going with that.

• Haha
Reactions: Serryah