How the GW myth is perpetuated

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Here?

Increased temps in the summer, little to NO snow, more rain in winter, colder for more days, hotter here for more days. I mean when I was a kid, 25 was HOT, and it rarely got up to 30 even with humidex. Now? Now 30 plus days are more common, higher with humidity. Our springs are earlier but with more rain. Locally we're having to look at replanning the dyke system for the Tantramar Marsh and the Chignecto Isthmus due to flood problems.

Beyond my immediate local, fish stocks are changing due to warm waters which is huge. And no, it's not just overfishing. New fish are moving in and taking over.

We've had tornado watches when that was NEVER a thing before. There's already been one or two this year, and friend of mine posted up video of a rotation in a thunder storm that was close to a funnel from what I saw.

While hurricanes hit rarely here, they've hit twice in just my 'short' life compared to the 'once in a generation' thing before. We get more tropical depressions/trop. storms with more rain, more wind.

The unique thing about my area is it's kind of a micro-climate. Ten minutes from here you'll get a totally different kind of weather. Hell, FIVE minutes away you'll get that. So, extremes happen, but this beyond even that.

That's why you can't convince me "Climate change isn't real". It is. And I don't care who did it/what did it/how it's happening.

What gets me is the arrogance of humans to not give a sweet fig about it.
Yes, and if you research weather going back hundreds of years, you'll find the same "weather patterns" back then as we do now. Weather (and climate) are cynical.. They always have been. Nothing new here and nothing to "fret" about. It'll keep changing each and every year. We simply have and continue to have to adapt. Nothing new. Just a bunch of scare mongering.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The Pilgrims did not refer to Plymouth Rock in any of their writings; the first known written reference to the rock dates to 1715 when it was described in the town boundary records as "a great rock." The first documented claim that Plymouth Rock was the landing place of the Pilgrims was made by old Thomas Faunce in 1741, 121 years after the Pilgrims arrived in Plymouth.

In 1774, the rock broke in half during an attempt to haul it to Town Square in Plymouth. One portion remained in Town Square and was moved to Pilgrim Hall Museum in 1834. It was rejoined with the other portion of the rock, which was still at its original site on the shore of Plymouth Harbor, in 1880. The date 1620 was inscribed at that time.

Nice try though

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Here?

Increased temps in the summer, little to NO snow, more rain in winter, colder for more days, hotter here for more days. I mean when I was a kid, 25 was HOT, and it rarely got up to 30 even with humidex. Now? Now 30 plus days are more common, higher with humidity. Our springs are earlier but with more rain. Locally we're having to look at replanning the dyke system for the Tantramar Marsh and the Chignecto Isthmus due to flood problems.

Beyond my immediate local, fish stocks are changing due to warm waters which is huge. And no, it's not just overfishing. New fish are moving in and taking over.

We've had tornado watches when that was NEVER a thing before. There's already been one or two this year, and friend of mine posted up video of a rotation in a thunder storm that was close to a funnel from what I saw.

While hurricanes hit rarely here, they've hit twice in just my 'short' life compared to the 'once in a generation' thing before. We get more tropical depressions/trop. storms with more rain, more wind.

The unique thing about my area is it's kind of a micro-climate. Ten minutes from here you'll get a totally different kind of weather. Hell, FIVE minutes away you'll get that. So, extremes happen, but this beyond even that.

That's why you can't convince me "Climate change isn't real". It is. And I don't care who did it/what did it/how it's happening.

What gets me is the arrogance of humans to not give a sweet fig about it.
The issue, to me and many others isn't that climate isn't changing; it's how much has "humanity" caused it. It is looking like humans have had very little to do with the climate change and that's what's at issue. Throwing money after B.S. ideas that likely won't work in the long-term is ridiculous. Improving on what we currently have via technology and ingenuity as we have in the past is what we should contiue to do.

It's a completely false narrative to say that people who don't agree with the climate change policies don't care about the environment because that is total nonsense. What we disagree with is the huge amounts of money that we are being charged with paying that will result in absolutely no change in climate but will definitely line the pockets of those who insist that we must change. The only reason for change is wealth distribution. All one has to do is follow what has happened in Ghana and Sri Lanka to know what will happen if we go through with this B.S and it'll be more than just climate we have to deal with. Don't bury your head in the sand. We must do what we can within reason using common sense. What is happening now is neither of those. That's what we object to because it's not based on science at all. It's purely economic.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton

As someone living in a place where you can SEE the results of that change in climate yearly, sorry Dix, you're absolutely wrong on this one.

Why hurry? Well that answer is out there, but you obviously don't believe it.

Depends on who 'they' are. Some people actually DO give a damn about the Earth enough to want to push responsible managements and actually just outright giving a crap.

Others, sure, are about the money and only money.

So while you focus on the money types, I prefer to think about those who actually look at the responsible management.

No, what needs to be done is take the money issue out of it all, OR accept that money has to be part of the solution and get over the conspiracy theories surrounding it.

Something that, most people, won't do.

Will you?
The fact that most of the IPCC scientists were forced to sign on tells me there's more than just "climate change" going on. I honestly feel that climate change is a hoax and that it's not about climate but all about money. I have also always stated that Climate has always changed so there's nothing new there.

PLEASE Serryah, look up what has transpired with Ghana and Sri Lanka and tell me that isn't a concern for you? They want governments world-wide to do exactly as the Ghanian & Sri Lanka governments did and now both countries are in chaos. Is that what you want? Don't you think we could handle climate change better with reasonable solutions rather than simply pumping millions of dollars from our pockets to who knows where? Seriously. Look up the history of these two countries and you'll see that what happened there is what they (WEF/IMF) want to happen here.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Look, I know you don't agree with me but it is you who has your head in the sand. But I guess we'll simply have to agree to disagree which is fine. I have no problem. We'll see in 5 years time who is right ok? Just sayin....

Sure I have my head in the sand... all that stuff I said about how things are changing around here is just in my head.

:rolleyes:

Thing is, there is some parts I DON'T disagree with you on.

Money is a big part of this issue.

I can even see why you think the human equation for it all is suspect.

But the CLIMATE in my area is changing; the entire region.

So yes, if you want to shove your head in the sand, have at.

Five years - LOL okay, sure.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Looks like the ice age is just around the corner.
Yeah, its getting colder in New Brunswick according to the data.

The same source shows temps in your neck of the woods plumetting over the past 20 years

But hey, its only data speaking, its not propaganda. What does data know that the narrative doesnt other than everything?

Where's the hot beef?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Yeah, its getting colder in New Brunswick according to the data.

The same source shows temps in your neck of the woods plumetting over the past 20 years

But hey, its only data speaking, its not propaganda. What does data know that the narrative doesnt other than everything?

Where's the hot beef?
Technically an ice age is climate change.

Reactions: taxslave and petros

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
The Pilgrims did not refer to Plymouth Rock in any of their writings; the first known written reference to the rock dates to 1715 when it was described in the town boundary records as "a great rock." The first documented claim that Plymouth Rock was the landing place of the Pilgrims was made by old Thomas Faunce in 1741, 121 years after the Pilgrims arrived in Plymouth.

In 1774, the rock broke in half during an attempt to haul it to Town Square in Plymouth. One portion remained in Town Square and was moved to Pilgrim Hall Museum in 1834. It was rejoined with the other portion of the rock, which was still at its original site on the shore of Plymouth Harbor, in 1880. The date 1620 was inscribed at that time.

Nice try though
You just proved my point!

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Sure I have my head in the sand... all that stuff I said about how things are changing around here is just in my head.

:rolleyes:

Thing is, there is some parts I DON'T disagree with you on.

Money is a big part of this issue.

I can even see why you think the human equation for it all is suspect.

But the CLIMATE in my area is changing; the entire region.

So yes, if you want to shove your head in the sand, have at.

Five years - LOL okay, sure.
Again, you've just proved my point. Of course the climate is changing - IT ALWAYS HAS!! That's the point.