Trudeau cancels appearance at Surrey fundraiser after protesters hurl racial slurs

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
The only video I saw contained no vulgarity . Nor threatening behaviour, and appeared multi racial .

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
He is from Quebec .
Quebec is a race now?
“Trudeau must go!” Is Racist? Is misogynistic? Is anti-feminist? Is anti-Dentite? Is anti-anything except anti-Trudeau?
…and where on Earth is this “Towel-Head” slur that Trudeau was called in Surrey on Wednesday that Mentalfloss keeps going on about? Everybody and their dog carries a smart phone now so somebody’s got video of this if it happened….like seriously, what costume was Trudeau wearing that night anyway??

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Quebec is a race now?

“Trudeau must go!” Is Racist? Is misogynistic? Is anti-feminist? Is anti-Dentite? Is anti-anything except anti-Trudeau?
…and where on Earth is this “Towel-Head” slur that Trudeau was called in Surrey on Wednesday that Mentalfloss keeps going on about? Everybody and their dog carries a smart phone now so somebody’s got video of this if it happened….like seriously, what costume was Trudeau wearing that night anyway??
Why didn't he hide in Kamloops or Saskatoon?

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Heck, I thought it was a separate species. Homo crappyFrenchis.
Quebec is weird. At least from the outside looking in. Here’s a weird observation.

Many years ago on a vacation in the Caribbean in a very multicultural destination with people from all over the world (even a few Americans)…. On an excursion…. We were asked to introduce ourselves briefly and state where we were from.

Those from Quebec who said, “I’m a Canadian from Quebec” where easy to get along with & a pleasure to be around.

Those from Quebec that said, “I am Québécois” where pretty consistently insufferable arseholes. True story. It’s like there are two different populations in the same province that are completely culturally different in their outlooks and demeanour towards anybody outside their circle when it comes to those that self identify as Québécois…. And in all honesty I don’t even know what it means beyond the literal translation.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Quebec is weird. At least from the outside looking in. Here’s a weird observation.

many years ago on a vacation in the Caribbean in a very multicultural destination with people from all over the world (even a few Americans)…. On an excursion…. We were asked to introduce ourselves briefly and state where we were from.

Those from Quebec who said, “I’m a Canadian from Quebec” where easy to get along with & a pleasure to be around.

Those from Quebec that said, “I am Québécois” where pretty consistently insufferable arseholes. True story. It’s like there are two different populations in the same province that are completely culturally different in their outlooks and demeanour towards anybody outside their circle when it comes to those that self identify as Québécois…. And in all honesty I don’t even know what it means beyond the literal translation.

When I was dating my wife (an American from WV) several people who I met there were surprised I was so nice. Their previous experience with Canadians had been visitors from Quebec and they therefore thought all Canadians were assholes.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
No but the people down there didn't say he's from Quebec. They said he's Canadian. They are distinct only in their own minds.
My experience that I describe above was weird in my first exposure to the term Québécois. Those that self identified in this manner were inevitably rude to everybody not in their circle including the staff at the excursions were on the resorts in very open and blatant ways, and were extremely self-entitled with everybody else from anywhere else being seen as second class.

Those that identified as being from Quebec instead of Québécois would either apologize for or ignore the Québécois, as the Québécois would just ignore those that identified as being from Quebec.