Trudeau cancels appearance at Surrey fundraiser after protesters hurl racial slurs

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Some speech is freer than others apparently.

Trudeau cancels appearance at Surrey fundraiser after protesters hurl racial slurs​

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau was forced to cancel plans to attend a fundraising dinner on Tuesday evening after two speakers at the event said protesters hurled racial slurs at the mostly South Asian attendees entering a convention centre in Surrey, B.C.

Trudeau did not enter the building and spoke to a crowd for about three minutes by Zoom instead of making a speech in person.

He said no one should be intimidated or stopped from exercising their democratic freedoms "because that's what this country is all about."

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Some speech is freer than others apparently.

Trudeau cancels appearance at Surrey fundraiser after protesters hurl racial slurs​

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau was forced to cancel plans to attend a fundraising dinner on Tuesday evening after two speakers at the event said protesters hurled racial slurs at the mostly South Asian attendees entering a convention centre in Surrey, B.C.

Trudeau did not enter the building and spoke to a crowd for about three minutes by Zoom instead of making a speech in person.

He said no one should be intimidated or stopped from exercising their democratic freedoms "because that's what this country is all about."
Unless it's truckers in Ottawa protesting against Prince Groper, right?

Reactions: Ron in Regina

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Where is the evidence of alleged slurs? The article goes into detail on an incident a month ago with Singh but none here only allegations from inside the building.

Last edited:

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
Where is the evidence of alleged slurs? The article does into detail on an incident a month ago with Singh but none here only allegations from inside the building.
I noticed this as well.

Why do I get the feeling that the contempt and animosity people are displaying toward Trudeau and his terrible leadership will be used as an excuse to bring in yet more legislation and drop the hammer on Canadians to address "rampant racism" in this country.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I noticed this as well.

Why do I get the feeling that the contempt and animosity people are displaying toward Trudeau and his terrible leadership will be used as an excuse to bring in yet more legislation and drop the hammer on Canadians to address "rampant racism" in this country.
It's Surrey. It could be Hindu on Muzzie, Muzzie on Sikh, etc etc etc.

It's still racism but not notable unless whites involved.

Reactions: Decapoda

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Many of those in the trucker convoy and protests are of ethnic origin and are still pissed at Trudeau and Singh . With little or no video of the alleged incidence they can spin it how they want . But after the bad showing with natives in Kamloops , being shown getting similar treatment from Sikh’s in Surrey does not play well with their far right white threat to politics as we know it narrative.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Are you referring to the illegitimate convoy?
No, I'm referring to the trucker's protest in Ottawa. To what "illegitimate" convoy are you referring? The border blockades that were broken up before Groper made a power grab? Then I agree but those blockades were actually illegal, not merely "illegitimate", whatever the hell you meant by that.

Groper was HOPING for an escalation in Ottawa and when it didn't happen, he threw down the Act anyway. Why else would it have taken a fucking private citizen to at least get the horns stopped? I find it inconceivable that the Mayor, Chief of Police nor the PM had neither the notion nor the power to get a court injunction to put a stop to the constant honking. The police didn't request enacting the Act. They already had whatever powers they needed to bust the protest if it started getting out of hand. Apparently the police felt it was well in hand. Seems only Turd-o was shitting his pants over it.

Nice to see every time Groper gets scared he thinks it's a national emergency.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
No, I'm referring to the trucker's protest in Ottawa. To what "illegitimate" convoy are you referring? The border blockades that were broken up before Groper made a power grab? Then I agree but those blockades were actually illegal, not merely "illegitimate", whatever the hell you meant by that.

Groper was HOPING for an escalation in Ottawa and when it didn't happen, he threw down the Act anyway. Why else would it have taken a fucking private citizen to at least get the horns stopped? I find it inconceivable that the Mayor, Chief of Police nor the PM had neither the notion nor the power to get a court injunction to put a stop to the constant honking. The police didn't request enacting the Act. They already had whatever powers they needed to bust the protest if it started getting out of hand. Apparently the police felt it was well in hand. Seems only Turd-o was shitting his pants over it.

Nice to see every time Groper gets scared he thinks it's a national emergency.

Oh, you mean the illegal convoy.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Oh, you mean the illegal convoy.
Oh, you mean the convoy that Trudeau disinformed you about? An Ontario superior court judge sided with the convoy. When an injunction against honking horns was declared, the court also stated that “provided the terms of this Order are complied with, the defendants and other persons remain at liberty to engage in a peaceful, lawful and safe protest.”